Spoiler! Derek Proudmoore and Sylvanas

On the one hand that does sound like something sylvanas would do.
On the other bfa has significant reduced her intelengence.

So meaby?
I mean i hope so but i dont see how they can pull it off without making it look like the alliance is a compleet moron for not keeping derek under constant gaurd until the end of the war.
Better safe then sorry with sylvanas.
I mean if my sister had me placed under constant gaurd because i was recently rescued from an enemy who is known to employ brainwashing and sleeper agents i would accept it.
I woudnt be happy about it but i can entire understand it.
After all i dont want to find myself covert in my families blood because of some trigger we missed.

1 Like

I doubt it as well but for a simple reason: It wouldn’t serve any purpose in the story. Derek killing Katherine would simply be one more reason for the Alliance to hate Sylvanas, and we already have enough reasons to write an entire book. Maybe even a trilogy.

Because it’s quite obvious that the entire Alliance would once again paint everything on Sylvanas. Poor Baine was used by the evil Banshee Queen! How dare she? We will save the Horde from itself! We will go in, and remove the evil warchief! We will not ask for reparations, and we will not ask for lands as helping out the innocent Horde is a reward in itself.

4 Likes

It keeps the war moving even longer. Sounds fine to me.

1 Like

The war will go on until the end of the expansion anyway, even though it’s a total sh**show.

You forgot: We will give them all night elven lands because it would avoid any future conflict.
Tyranda and malfurion will have no say in it.
The god-king andiun has spoken.

3 Likes

For Elune’s sake MAKE THIS SHIZZLE HAPPEN! NOAW!

Anyways I gotta admit; there was so much emotion in that cinematic, Blizzrad is doing a mighty fine job at showing emotion in their characters and the voice lines! Hats off.

Remeber when people went nuts because of Jaina’s face expression during the Battle of Lordaeron and they were sure she orchestrated the burning of Teldrassil or atleast had a hand in it? I do…

This is actually how I expect the defeated Horde to end up… And Blizzard has yet to prove me wrong aftert he “win” we got during Cataclysm where we were the punchingbag AND the sidekicks to the Horde.

1 Like

Well it’s either he’s actually mind controlled or Blizzard are making Sylvanas increasingly stupid to try and get people to stop following her.

I mean for crying out loud, she had a double agent help Baine with his plan. She clearly knew about it. Why would she allow him to go ahead with returning Derek if not to make sure her plan succeeded?

2 Likes

Honestly, Blizzard has portrayed the Alliance leadership as stupid from Cataclysm onwards… Why would it be such a stretch to expect the same from a single Horde Leader?

Its not like Blizzard has never done it before with “important” faction leaders.

It seems like a lot of set up for absolutely no pay off. That said I can also see them being idiots.
But thus far their plans for Derek have been about as subtle as a bat to the face.

2 Likes

Well; every Sylvanas plan so far has had a lot of set up with zero pay off… So there is that.

I fixed that for you :wink:

1 Like

Looks more accurate now.

2 Likes

So, uh, hi everyone - I’ve been lurking here since the beginning of BFA. Nice to meet you :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought I’d write about an idea I’ve been toying with. I expect you’ll find it very stupid. Its long, but there is a tl;dr at the bottom.

Let’s assume:

1 - Sylvanas used Baine to free Derek
2 - Derek is not brainwashed
3 - Sylvanas is actually the strategic genius she is lauded to be and her - questionable - actions in game come from poor writing

This would mean:

1 - Sylvanas never intended to complete the brainwashing of Derek, even if she was capable of doing so in the first place
2 - No assassinations occur

So what could be her reason/s could for this? Well two suggestions (which I wont elaborate on) are:

1 - To expose and make an example of dissenters in her ranks (Baine and Zelling).

2 - Some sort of back-up diplomacy plan should her war fail (I saw this on the US forums. I don’t agree with it as it seems very out of character for her, but there it is.).

3 - My silly idea!

I’ve been thinking about the (apparent) Scarlet Crusade propaganda data-mined a while ago. Particularly one called “The Would-Be Queen”. Its description is: “Our beloved princess has been transformed into a CORPSE BRIDE!”

The princess is most likely Calia. But, as an undead, who would she marry and why? Well, what about Derek?

Now I’m not saying that Sylvanas is playing match maker, but perhaps she has become aware of the Scarlet Crusade’s rising animosity towards the Alliance and deduced that Calia is a major reason for it. So thinks to capitalise on this and places another. And not just anyone, but, Jaina Proudmoore’s own brother. Sibling to the leader of the entire Kul Tiran forces (as I understand her position).

So now there are 2 major undead characters within the Alliance. Each one favoured by a Faction Leader. Surely, the Crusade would see this as a huge threat.

This, I expect, is - almost (more below) - as far as Sylvanas’ planning goes.

However, something else happens then that the Lich Queen did not expect. Calia lightforges Derek. This allows him to become emotionally complete again. Fully capable of empathy and, importantly, love.

Outsiders believe undead are monsters and incapable of such feelings. So what they see is a marriage of convenience. An alliance between two undead that will use their sway over the two human Alliance leaders to realise their terrible plans.

The Scarlet Crusade lives up to its names and becomes a 3rd (NPC only) faction in this war. Their focus solely on the enemy within. However, they are not powerful enough to be of any major concern. Or would not be if it weren’t for their new benefactors.

There is a whisper that informs us: “The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all”

Recently, there was a quest datamined where we are sent to save a Dark Ranger from the Scarlet Crusade. She is apparently investigating them under her own initiative. But why? What made her choose to do so and why now of all times?

The Mag’har unlock quest was originally intended to come much later than it did, with the Zandalari happening first. Assuming their release dates were swapped, that would mean the Mag’har were meant to be released now and the Horde would just be learning of Yrel’s army (as far as I know, the Alliance still have no clue). So Sylvanas learns about this from the Mag’har and sends someone to infiltrate the Scarlet Crusade. This agent arranges for the Crusade to contact Yrel, which leads to them becoming part of her army. (It is the pursuit of this agent that brought our Dark Ranger to the monastery and might be how the Alliance learning about Yrel and her army).

Anyway, bolstered by their new masters, the Crusade attack. The Alliance finds themselves facing war on two fronts. Where once they had assured victory over the horde, they now face obliteration.

Victory finally in sight, Sylvanas prepares to take Stormwind, as she always wanted. But just as she is about to, the schism occurs. Saurfang returns (presumably with Thrall) and…yes we have another Civil War. Sylvanas is overthrown but, presumably, escapes.

BFA concludes with both the Alliance and Horde too weak to continue. Im not sure what happens with the Crusade and Yrel’s army. They are either set up to be the antagonists of the next expansion, or beaten back for use in the future.

tl;dr
Sylvanas arranges contact between the Scarlet Crusade and Yrel’s army. She uses Derek as a tool to provoke the now super-fanatical Scarlets into attacking the Alliance.

1 Like

Trust me, Alliance story, while certainly more inspiring then the Horde’s, isn’t something to write home about either… :frowning:

3 Likes

I think the “rescue” was far too smooth to not be planned/ anticipated by a certain banshee Queen not after Baine was so vocal (stupid) about it that he did not like what Sylvanas was doing… -_-’

Shut it down, the Alliance goys know

1 Like

All being said, Jaina is not convinced that Derek is safe to be around. I think she will get him thoroughly checked out before taking him near her family. If she hasn’t learned caution by now she never will.

Jaina vs, dagger on the back? She would have to be so off her guard for that to work. When you have been betrayed that many times you tend to keep your guard up.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Derek meets Calia.

2 Likes

What do you call the current raid Exactly?

1 Like

Retaliation!

1 Like

Shaw is a master rogue, which can foresee trouble. If he doesn’t say anything bad about Derek everything should be alright with him. Well, at least I hope that.

I’m still not certain what Sylvanas is hoping to achieve. Even if Derek were to murder Katherine, Tandred, or even Jaina, it’s not like their fleets and armies would suddenly disappear. If anything, she would anger them even more.