[SPOILER] New Login Screen for TWW

10/10 score for The War Within.

Not a big fan. Feels too different

It’s nice : )
(I think as long as I don’t see the Dark Portal there again everything is nice xD)

It’s alright I guess. Not my favorite, looks a bit boring. But we’ll get used to it.

Visually nothing wrong with, as a piece of art. But as a login screen, it strays too far from precedent, and doesn’t feel very inspirational.

I think they ought to go back to making portals or landscapes.

The Beledar or the Sword of Sargeras would both look cool.

I think its actually good. Simple yet mysterious.

1 Like

Oh… Oh no… It’s only a matter of time before someone adds some hands grasping either side of that ring.

Is it hearthstone’s august card back reward or ? :rofl:

1 Like

I bet it’ll crack more and more as the patches go and eventually crumble away revealing something cool :grin:

Every said “Hearthstone” look. But my person-

This look like Cataclysm 2
Seem poor style

Feels out of place and straight up lazy compared to the rest of their login screens. However, it’s just a login screen so you will only see it for a few sec, not that big of a deal.

sucks tbh should be a scene

1 Like

What scene would you have liked?

This is so minimal and uninteresting that it’s ridiculous this is what a big gaming company is throwing out.

As you can obviously see from the others, having an open world point of interest or imagery that gives you an idea of the war/themes is good. It’s like a piece of art-it tells us what we need to know or gives us some idea of the conflict in one image. And what does this look like? A cracked vault or a chest perhaps. Could mean anything. Oh no, my loot’s about to explode! Run! Also, it kinda looks like the Collector’s Edition box. Real lazy and unimaginative.

But hey, can’t just sit here yammering about how bad it is without throwing out suggestions for what it SHOULD be. Please Blizz, change it to something else. Apparently there’s a place called the Coreway in Dornogal-you can have the lovely earthen architecture clashing with a hole in the ground, with all the nerubian eggs and webs and perhaps corpses lying around. I’d suggest any places with Light vs. Void but that might be better reserved for Midnight? The other obvious choice is the Sword of Sargeras in Silithus.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought first when I saw this and seeing the picture and the video look slightly differently I guess this could actually be the case.

I don’t know, I kinda doubt they’ll use a login screen as empty as this. :thinking:

OOOR…they’ll crack it open over the course of the world soul saga expansions.

I’ve seen various speculation about that.

my preciousssssss

I’m indifferent to it.

I like it. It looks dwarven / draconic / vrykul / titanic.

Makes me think of mobile games.

1 Like