[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

Burning Teldrassil did exactly what she needed. She forced the Horde to fight to the end, because there was no way Tyrande/The Alliance would accept peace after what the Horde did at Teldrassil.

3 Likes

Yes, it was what fully started the “Blood War” and if you mean it put the Horde in a place where it had no choice but to commit to the faction conflict you’re right.

But beyond that nothing else was achieved. The Undercity was beleaguered and lost, the Horde is stretched equally thin and should realistically have a more depleted army than the Alliance, the Night Elves whom Sylvanas intended to lose their fighting spirit just became more vengeful whereas Tyrande herself became the Night Warrior, and the Horde is now at a place in the narrative where they are the losing side and there is terrible disunity amongst their ranks. If it was supposed to be a tactical substitute to make up for Malfurion’s survival, it definitely didn’t pan out right.

2 Likes

Based on what? Orcs and Forsaken should match if not exceed human numbers, and every other race in the Alliance isn’t that numerous.

I think it is Nathanos that says this. After Rastakahns death he informs Sylvanas that the alliance is closing in on all fronts and that the Horde lacks the numbers to hold their ground, let alone make a push.

Yeah and that… doesn’t really make sense. Because in BoD the Alliance killed Rastakhan and his royal guard. The Horde Army should still be in fine shape, as they won at Teldrassil and didn’t lose that many in Lordaeron.

Rastakahn also had to make Bwonsamdi raise the fallen to hold the alliance back. Only after the rest of the Zandalari army and the Horde expedition force came back to the city, they where able to push the alliance back.

And that is debatable. Malfurion single handed wiped out whole platoons of grunts in the War of Thorns. It is also not to forget that the Horde lost all naval superiority.

But yes. it is weird. Genn remarks in one cinematic that they’ll be sending “Farmers and Shopkeepers” next as Anduin looks over the dead.

It’s hard to get a good grasp on how strong the factions are at the moment. But afterall. A factions strenght is there to suit whatever story Blizzard wants to tell.

I really loved (and still do) Vashj’ir, no matter what those ridiculous whiners think, feel or say.

Indeed, give me Mechagon or give me death!

Yep, let’s fight the Naga on their turf, instead of Azshara going lol, let’s give up our advantage because we all have legs too :wink:

I’m casual and bad at the game, yet I honest-to-God think Blizzard shold ignore those people.

If you can’t do it, then just skip it, stop pampering to the babies that can’t differantiate their head from their butt.

I expect good, but so far I’m off the minority that loves BfA and it’s story, but I’m just a simple gnome.

Yes and that’s a hit-or-miss, but just because some attacks bug out doesn’t mean the zone overall was bad. They should’ve worked on fixing that for Nazjatar, not pull Nazjatar above water.

Why? The Horde is more than just orcs in this day and age, or do you want to be like the Alliance, where the entire Alliance leadership exists of Humans, but then Orcs for your Horde?

Oh yes, they mishandled Garrosh, and Blizzard admitted as much in one of their questlines/through a Bronze Dragon, but what’s done is done, unless you want Blizzard to reset the entire game back to Cataclysm?

What about the Ashenvale questline where he wants to decapicate you for using Fel magic but gives you a chance to redeem yourself because he’s honourable and you did it to help the entire Horde, was that a misscommunication too?

To be fair, numbers have been skewed since the start of World of Warcraft.

Orcs, near extinct, it’s only the survivors of the Second War.
Tauren, hunted to near extinction by the Centaur, according to Cairne.
Darkspear, smallest tribe of jungle trolls, that was forced out by the other trollls.
Forsaken, a minor, rebel group of undeath that was only capable of survival through guerilla warfare.

Humans, 2 full kingdoms, 2 half-ruined kingdoms, but all four where military active.
Dwarves, 2 full clans that didn’t suffer any major losses.
Gnomes, lost 80% of their people, but had the safety of the dwarves to ensure no people died of hunger or disease.
Night elves, still held around half their Warcraft III territory, but at the cost of 1/3 of their empire going neutral, was capable of keeping the status quo against the full might of the Kalimdor Horde.

And then suddenly in Cataclysm the Horde was capable of roflstomping all over Alliance forces across the globe and conquered ashenvale too boot. ???

4 Likes

The “miscommunication” should have been Garrosh from beginning to end.

1 Like

Orcs become adults at 12. Since Second War, there’s been two generations of orcs and the third generation is born already, with the orcs born in Orgrimmar being already old enough to have children of their own.

3 Likes

This really, nummerical from a lore persective via the story Blizzard have already told, then the Horde is vastly outnumbered in population, and therefore fighting force. Or should be atleast.

There is a grunt in “A good war” that tells Saurfang she is the mother of eight. Saurfang reacts rather suprised and somewhat shocked to that number, but even then, he delivers a comment about how he had never time for such.

So let’s say the average number of kids for orcs is around 2-8. Pair that with comming of age at 12-14.

If you take that into account it isnt suprising that the orc population is big enough again after the second war, to wage war for domination around Azeroth yet again.

Human and orc soldiers are created in clone factories. This is why they have zero manpower issues despite losing multiple armies within 3-4 years.

Prove me wrong.

7 Likes

We should probably forget about numbers.
Both sides would likely have been equally damaged after Legion. In BfA we see examples of NPCs saying that their respective sides are running out of armies. Yet the war continues as if both sides had infinite soldiers. Almost as if it was a computer game.

Now that I think about it, the only ones that should be doing well, soldier wise, are the forsaken. At least they would be if they make their winged ress-machines work overtime. Because then they really would have, in theory, a close to endless suply of soldiers. Forsaken are OP that way.

But I don’t want the Alliance to have one main leader unlike the Horde.

To Classic, actually, with a WoW 2

Fixed.

Also:

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news=291015/buffed-de-8-2-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-azshara-plot-twist-class-diversity-

When asked about Azshara’s role in the conflict between the Alliance and Horde, Ion emphasized that she will play a major role, with a surprising turn of events we won’t expect.

The surprising turn of events is that we kill her in the raid, right? Nobody would expect that!

You know, we all lost the ability to predict… Och…

We can’t even predict that Azshara gonna die at Palace :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So yeah, i am no longer a seer… seer kump is dead

WOW THEY GONNA KILL AZSHARA AT PALACE I DIDN’T EXPECT THIS

This comes to mind.

https://i.redd.it/zwbwinbcfld21.png

2 Likes

Ah hell yeah I love surprising turns of events that I won’t expect.

Garrosh at the beginning was fine, he had good character growths, how they ended him was not fine, though.

Oke, makes sense, especially if they have between 2-8 children each (which I assume is the norm?)

Supreme Allied Commander, not High King please.

Change it to a night elf or atleast Turelyon, the previous Supreme Allied Commander.

That would be cool, actually, if they used classic as the base for an “alternate” timeline.

:heart_eyes:

And so i claim the 300th

…imagine AU Xe’ra being raid boss LOL