[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

The weight of Sylvanas’ “amorality” bears heavy on the shoulders of our goodest boy.

2 Likes

He’s married with two little kids. It makes a fella sag. 1950’s joke over.

It seems Mechagon is underground and the Rustbolt Rebellion was forced above ground.

Confirming once more that gnomes are subterreaneon creatures (cheer).

Also:
The Wonderwing flavour text is: “Mechagon technology is still gnome technology!”
The Mechacycle Model W flavour text is: “The rapid technological evolution of the descendents of Mimiron began with the introduction of a new gear, leading to such wonders as the tragically under-produced Model W”.

Meaning gnomes truly are the greatest tech race in World of WarCraft.

And another thing:

Tinkmaster Overspark: Just imagine, <player>… a vault full of lost technology, left behind by the last king of the gnomes!

Tinkmaster Overspark: What if King Mechagon is inside? What if I rescue him? I’ll be FAMOUS!

He speaks of King Mechagon before meeting him, to me that suggest King Mechagon was the gnomish royal lineage before the Gnomeregan gnomes abolished royalty in favour of their current meritocracy (is it?).

So King Mechagon might be either the last King of all Gnomes, or a descendant of the last King.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Such thing can be possible

And later, Gnomergan gnomes devide and migrate and go their own way… Hmm

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291325/mechagon-spider-mounts-mechagon-peacekeeper-rusty-mechanocrawler-scrapforged-mec

Spider-tank RP can finally be realized. Gunna mount a gun on it and crawl outta the damn walls!

1 Like

I’ve been so hype about all the techy stuff coming from Mechagon, finally some proper gnomish tech mounts and weapons instead of the slap-it-on-useless-sticks Gobo tech.

But so far there’ve been no sign of a two-handed model has there? I need a two-handed sword, mace or axe for my Death Knight :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Seen a staff, that’s it. :frowning:

It’ll come, I’m certain of it.

Remember that it was added this weak, no?

There only mechagon 2her is a 2h mace which is trogg themed rather than gnome themed. RIP.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=169050/logg&bonus=4777:1512#comments

I know, thats why I asked, but I guess the mechaclaw mace from MOTHERLODE will so far have to do for my gnome death knight

And as Jessicka points out, it could still happen!

And Shadow here will use that staff for sure, currently using the one from Siege of Orgrimmar… goblinesque monstrosity that it is.

So Chromie can give you a quest in Mechagon that takes you to an alternate reality where King Mechagon wins. Basically, the sky is ignited in Mechagon (and presumably everywhere else) and it burns the flesh off everything, turning into a toxic wasteland where only those mechanized enough or Undead can survive. Really getting a huge Fallout vibe here.

I’ve put together an imgur album here: imgur(dot)com/a/abXTgf5

Here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dang, that’s bleak. Wonder if they’ll put in a skeleton holding a chain link fence.

1 Like

Gnome terminator RP incoming? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In the future gnome raid, we topple a returned Thermaplugg and his third phase boss fight has him fall into lava, returning as a robotic skeleton with a minigun.

3 Likes

I won’t lie though, I’d love to see that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though perhaps as a dungeon, not a raid.

Then, as part of the overarching questline, we loot his brain in a jar that’s powering the damn thing and turn it in to Gelbin who sticks it in a robo dog to keep tabs on him.

Maybe we gonna fight a monstrous mechanical being as a raid…