[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

You’re talking about a single building here…

Not an entire square. Predicting future doesn’t mean you can mathematicly calculate the exact way of going about it.

And let’s disregard that… Are you telling me that SW has no equivalent of firefighter or that Jaina was the ONLY mage who could extinguish the fire?

Eh, another far stretch I suppose.

Stormwind is actually excellently situated to handle fires, close to the sea with canals and all. But then, London burned several times too. Our fantasy city is a lot more stone-y than many real examples.

All falters to the troll with OP future sight that he conveniently casts aside to be a raidboss.

Maybe Zandalar just had better wards than Orgrimmar?

And this is why teleportation is a story-breaker power. It needs to have strict limits placed on it, lest it strips your setting of credibility.

9 Likes

activates gameshark to wallhack through orgrimmar’s defenses and level skip to the underhold

5 Likes

Jaina fatigue is real.

1 Like

I know Slyvanas “let them in” but that none of the Horde or Alliance NPCs thought breaking into an underground bunker beneath Orgrimmar during wartime that easily was a little bit suspicious…

It’s not great.

It just raises questions the writers can’t answer.

Why didn’t jaina teleport the army out of the Broken Shore when it was clear they wouldn’t win? Why didn’t she teleport into Rastakhan’s throne room to take him out immediately? Why did she take a fleet back and lose Mekkatorque and a load of soldiers if she could just teleport them away?

Pretty much every conflict that Jaina can affect now has to include the rider of “well the reason that Jaina can’t just teleport this foe into the Sun is…”

1 Like

Aye it brought quite a lot of issues regarding Jaina. They made her so OP that now they have to make her power super inconsistent in order to not completely invalidate the narrative they’re trying to show which in turn makes for a completely unbalanced character.

It’s not just Jaina sadly, it’s pretty. Duh half the stuff in this franchise. Look at the Burning Legion and Sargeras. He was able to cleave a planet in two without breaking a sweat, but somehow he only made a (relatively) small stab at Azeroth. U less of course the planet he cleaved was ten times smaller than Azeroth but eh, details.

3 Likes

Female mechagnome dance. Truly fitting:

1 Like

Hah!

The robot.

Looking more and more like we are getting another allied race before this expac ends.

Yeah. And strangely for a cyborg race, the dance seems so “natural” to them. I can see it working so well.

This hurts, Blizzard.

~https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/309015474811830274/575496732763357187/image0.png

I don’t understand?

I just hope their hairstyles will be available for normal gnomes too!

They won’t.

If Nelves can’t get their iconic glaive weapon available to other classes than a freakin’ DH, than yours won’t. Or else it won’t justify ANOTHER alt leveling to camouflage how trash the game is.

1 Like

Whoa, calm down friend, what’s trash to you is still fun to me.

Still the awkward truth, and I actually like the concept and could make much wonderful RP from it. Depends on the classes, though.

Half-life 3. It shall never be.

I’ve never seen as much vitriol thrown at a race, as whats being tossed at Mechagnomes. Its downright impressive.

They wanted high elves and sethrak, they got handicapable potatoes. It’s fun, though, isn’t it?

Wanting sethrak on Alliance is akin to wanting playable dragons. It was never gonna happen. Why set yourself up for disappointment?

1 Like