[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

I woulda been happy with just full robotic mechagnomes. That woulda been cool.

Not nuggets with cybernetic limbs.

Its kinda sad that the allied races with the most backlash, are Velves/Kul Tirans, and now possibly mechagnomes. Blizzard feels really out of touch.

1 Like

Alliance will never get High elves after void elves.
Sethrak is closer to happen than HE, but I doubt them.

Junker gnomes? Way more likely, but weā€™ll see.

1 Like

People arenā€™t logical. The vaunted questline of the Alliance helping Vorrik as justification for them joining is mostly a copy paste from the Horde Volā€™dun story.

But peeps drew fanart, so it most be made an allied raceā€¦

Quite. Iā€™m in the camp thatā€™d see all remaining helves go velf to follow Alleria in liberating their homeland from the Horde, writing the blue eyed pox out of the story forever.

1 Like

They should have made Worgen out of Void elves really. Have them possess the fair and normal skin tone which changes when they go into combat just like Alleria. Why canā€™t they do this is BS, youā€™d not only make the HE lovers happy since they get their option in game and Blizzard still gets to do their lazy copy paste of a race with just extra options and tentacles in hair.

Allied races really are now a lazy method to get people to remain subbed. Costmetics CANā€™T be the only thing BfA should offer or else thereā€™s no point in calling it Battle for Azeroth but WoD 2.0.

1 Like

Weā€™ve yet to endure another timetravel plot besides the awful magā€™har recruitment. Did we ever get to know why the bronze dragonflight sees fit to help the Horde in this war by giving them extra orcs to spare?

are we actually getting mechagnomes

We have connections.

They just had a load of new animations added, none of which are shown in Mechagon, or in the dungeon itself. Also. Unique dance for females.

Seems a sure fire bet.

is it the same for vulperaā€¦

Vulpera dont have extra emotes and dances. IIRC, blizz hasnt added a dance to an unplayable race since Arrakoa in TBC.

They have completely unique casting animations, however.

Females do at least.

Aight, i checked. Vulps dont even have dances/most emotes.

They do have unique tail rigging for cloaks though and no NPCs wear cloaks so far as I know.

Theyā€™ve also got unique sleep/wake up animations iirc?

Yeah. Its the one where the bend over and present their furry posteriors. The furries ha a field day when that got datamined.

Imagine if the Bronze Dragonflight roots for Sylvanas because theyā€™ve seen the version of future where she fails to recruit Magā€™har and alliance wins, bringing forth a tyrannical rule of alliance where everyone are forced to be lightbound.

This is my headcanon now.

1 Like

Nah. Geyarah has to kill Sylvanas and go.

ā€œAzeroth is free!ā€

You could make an argument that under the void, Azeroth is truly free - in the chaos - liberty sort of sense.

Thatā€™s because no one ever wanted void elves or kul tirans and almost no one wants this kind of mechagnome.

People wanted unique allied races, for the Horde the nightborne, magā€™har and zandalari are all unique with their own culture, appearance, style and architecture, Kul Tirans are basicly a third human race, the void elves donā€™t even have their own culture or homelands, and the mechagnomes are a variant of the most impopular Alliance race.

Oh, well, I never cared for Half-life, so :man_shrugging:

Well, Blizzard did suggest theyā€™d eventually be down with giving the void elves high elf custimisation options. But weā€™ll see.

I rather not see that, since thereā€™d be no reason at all for most of the high elves to go void elf, theyā€™re already members of the Alliance, they have their own faction, what good would it do them to all turn into void elves?

Thatā€™s even outside the question if void elves can even get offspring? WHat if they all go down that path and they discover any offspring they get is automaticly as mad as the black dragons?

Thereā€™s no reason for them to accept Void Elves either, but oh well lmao.

3 Likes