[Spoilers] Dalaran Situation (in Relation to RP)

Are we even sure Dalaran is gone? It looked to me like Khadgar and part of the city got pulled into another dimension and then what was left exploded

There’s enough of it on the ground that whatever may have survived if any did, it ain’t much.

looked to me like she imploded it, pulled the city in on itself and then perhaps the volatile magics in dalaran caused it to then explode outwards

the player character

3 Likes

I mean Bel’ameth is obviously no proper capital akin to Darnassus, but that fits the Night Elves, so is fine.

On the other hand;

Theramore, Gnomeregan, Undercity(Hope they ditch Undercity and make Capital City the proper… neutral Capital of the Undeaths) & Darkshore are basicly destroyed lorewise and gamewise! And those are still waiting for proper replacements! (Also please lock Arathi Highlands and Darkshore in the Alliance version of the game, thanks)

a Thalassian Elf who was in (1st War)Stormwind > (3th War)Lordaeron City > (3th War)Dalaran > (3th War)Silvermoon > (MoP)Theramore > was Risen as Undead and then was at (BfA)Lordaeron again only to go to (TWW)Dalaran
It is possible, I suppose? (probably missed a few steps and I can’t remeber order of destruction in War3)

2 Likes

Funnily enough, this kind of happened to Lintian in BfA, with no intent on my part. She was in Astranaar when the Horde army invaded it, then escaped to Pandaria, figuring it would be a safe place from the Alliance-Horde war. Little did I know what plans Blizzard had for Pandaria in 8.3.

If I hadn’t retired her in Bel’ameth, she’d have seen the destruction of Dalaran, too.

2 Likes

Who’s your current main, btw?

I don’t RP as much as I used to, but I think of Dagnira as my main now. She’s a rustic and humble dwarf pyromancer.

3 Likes

Valdrakken might be one of the better hubs for cross RP right now. Previous expansion central hub, fairly large with many shops and rooms, and on Aseroth. Not sure how easy it is to get there however, if even a newly created character can just use the portals and arrive.

1 Like

She’s certainly going to be either the ‘Gul’dan’ type boss of Midnight or even possibly its final boss, though my money is on Dimentius for that.

Iridikron will likely be a TLT boss.

But as for Dalaran’s ‘situation’, yes obviously using it as Dalaran now is nonsensical. As someone who’s main is a Kirin Tor / Tirisgarde Mage I too am absolutely thrilled at some actual progression for us.

But as I said, the environment itself can easily be used (and now it’s probably easier to) for representing other places of various description. The sewers can be a stand in for practically any shady underground place, its magical spires can easily be somewhere in stormwind or a private mage sanctum somewhere.

The portrait room hub area can easily be a stand-in for Stormwind or any other mage academy place too.

1 Like

Wait, if the player character is at the heart of every disaster…

…are we the bad guys?

We’re catastrophe tourists, not instigators.
Unless someone pays us some gold, then we demolish entire civilizations, no questions asked.

1 Like

It was Capital City, then Silvermoon, then Dalaran.

The character could be a refugee from Silvermoon who then sought Kael’thas in Dalaran.

1 Like

Maybe I’m looking too deep into it, but it seemed to me like the rocks that crumbled were… nowhere near the mass of Dalaran. Like a part of it got transported away and the rest imploded. But that’s just me.

I’m 100% Khadgar isn’t dead though, from a story POV it’s not a satisfying end for him to get no diffed by Xal.

Nope. I at least won’t visit Dalaraan anymore for RP.

All I say is:

Regarding the Dalaraan market and a new Location. What if we turn it into a Mereldar Market? - Argent Dawn - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Thought about Dalaraan market too, but I name my reasons in that post.

What’s interesting (well interesting is probably too stronger a word but it’s a thing that I’ve noticed) is that the central tower of Dalaran is clearly on the ground, split. A few other lesser pillars, but no trace of the really tall one where Khadgar would’ve been. Given that’s massive you’d think some of it would be on the ground as well.

Anyway this conspiracy is brought to you by 12am coffee.

All I can say is

:crab: :crab: :crab: Dalaran is Gone :crab: :crab: :crab:

Violet Hold Priskners are rares on the Isle of Darn, which indicates to me that the Violet Hold got destroyed aswell, as for the tower where Khadgar was, it was the heart of the Black hole implosion, I don’t think its weird there is nothing left of it, since it all probably got pulled in the black hole!