[SPOILERS] Patch 8.2.5 spoilers

Hello there! Wanted to make a thread ready to discuss the upcoming stuff of patch 8.2.5 .

This is the first Wowhead page about it:

9 Likes

Soon. VERY SOON.

3 Likes

According to the BlizzCon announcement last year, this’ll be the patch where we get worgen and goblin model updates + heritage questlines, so that should at least be interesting.

11 Likes

Genuinely curious about what the Worgen Heritage questline will be tbh.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see the updated worgen/goblin models and their heritage armour. Though really I want confirmation of playable vulpera already :tired_face:

5 Likes

In order to better combat people feeling like alts are not viable to play, we’re now deleting all alts. Players will be prompted to pick a ‘main’ character upon logging in during 8.2.5 and all their other characters are deleted.

We saw this as the best way to deal with player complaints about alt grinds.

Please send through your feedback on this upcoming change to hahaha@noonecaresareyoukiddingme.co.ru

5 Likes

Well. I don’t have any alts. So I’m fine.
Heavy sweating

1 Like

Give. Me. My. UPDATED MODEL!!!

Best guess:

Exploring the origins of the worgen with the Scythe of Elune a bit more, or maybe a questline in the Gilneas-currently-being-rebuilt about getting back some of the items left behind.

1 Like

I can’t remember if Gilneas is canonically Alliance or Horde at the moment, if it’s the former it would be cool for the questline to show the retaking of Gilneas for sure.

1 Like

Mission table indicated that there were some Alliance troops moving “through” Gilneas.

Golden suggested that Forsaken refugees had settled there after Capital City.

/shrug

1 Like

inb4 it’s some hamfisted “void not so bad” or similar narrative that has nothing to do with the race and could easily be swapped out for literally any other race, ala the tauren questline :crazy_face:

“Shall we address the centaur situation? Or how tauren feel about joining the Horde? Or reflect on how they got to where they are now? Like we did with the Blood Elves?”

“vOiD gUd LiGhT bAhD!”

“Does that have to be THE tauren quest though? Maybe that could be Earthern Ring or troll shaman or-”

“tUrRen! mUsT bE tUrRen!”

11 Likes

The models will get delayed.

Watch it happen.

14 Likes

They mentioned in the Arathi Warfront announcement that part of the reason the Horde wanted Arathi was to stage a naval invasion of Gilneas. I’ll see if I can’t find the presentation.

Edit: Found it - https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/673330.jpg

Context in video:

It’s admittedly a bit of a non-committing statement, but it -seems- like they’re toying with the idea of it being controlled again.

1 Like

inb4: its their starting zone 2.0

1 Like

Just show us the new updated models and the heritage armor. I am dying to see them!

You and every worgen rper.

I KNOW! Just want to see a glimpse maybe a tiny screenshot of what we will get… just something!

https://i.imgur.com/veIanZO.jpg

2 Likes

Close enough.