[SPOILERS] Patch 8.3 Thread (Visions of N'zoth)

There’s a lot of scope for a severe wake-up call for Calia as she realises that the Forsaken were pushed into doing pretty terrible things in order to survive - and that the Alliance is no longer and has never been a place for them but is instead a mortal enemy. She has the form but not the trauma.

I don’t think it’s fair to assume that Calia returning to the Forsaken means that the past 15 years of Forsaken lore will be immediately discarded (and also undead paladins would be amazing I will fight you on this).

It’s also not the case. BtS stated that this was the form the Light wanted her in.

Dang it - I mis-remembered the exact details.

I just realised that we might be getting Allied Race DKs. I can finally play Faceslinger as the master race. Please let it be so.

1 Like

If they don’t do anything with Mindslave Calia then it’ll be yet another wasted plot thread.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284423080267481089/632170631554793482/unknown.png
Elly in an alternate timeline…

The Master Race? You mean, Vulpera DK?

1 Like

Tbh I just feel for anyone who only has a cursory understanding of WoW lore from actually playing the game and doesn’t delve into the forbidden tomes.

Imagine trying to understand why Calia is suddenly undead but not really and she is now in charge of your race. Hell imagine trying to understand it IC from any character’s perspective.

2 Likes

They tripped on the first part by not including the Arathi Gathering in-game (don’t put important plot details in your supplemental novels aaaa), but the follow up with Calia has been pretty decent. After finishing the Alliance war campaign you get the moment with Derek and Calia shown in-game, and her re-introduction to the Forsaken will likely be shown in-game as well.

Only a few people will be aware that Calia was even at the Gathering, and fewer still know that she was resurrected after Sylvanas killed her - it makes sense for her to be a mostly unknown character to the Forsaken right now, and there’s plenty of time for that to be shown.

Optimism, my giant behorned friend : )

The only good thing Vulpera will be good for is hanging around a mechagnome sidekick with variations of the names Ratchet and Clank.

2 Likes

Void elves shouldn’t be DKs either imo. Being suffused with necromantic energy should purge the void, in essence serving as a rather twisted cure.

1 Like

LF & VE shouldn’t be, simple as that.
VE DK also, with the mastery would be… well, quite powerful. Since it’ll apply on their racial, Entropic Embrace.
Or imagine a LF DK using a Light Beam. KEK.
Edit: Just thought about the damn Gift of the Naaru. /Sigh

2 Likes

Shadowfrost. Like Icecrown :- ) It’s lore!!

1 Like

This is what I’m thinking they’d do. An undead Lightforged dk wouldn’t be lightforged at all, but a lightforged raised into undeath. They’d have the same horn/beard customisation and such, but no golden tattoos or eyes.

The only thing out of place would be their racial, which doesn’t sound like a big deal to me. Oh and their name would sound really stupid at “Lightforged Draenei Death Knight”

You can already be a Lightforged Shadow Priest or a Void Elf Holy Priest (or a Draenei DK with Gift of the Naaru) - it’s not completely absurd to allow for customisation like that.

It’s not completely absurd

but it should be

And it is, clearly.

Game mechanics do and should trump flavour when they clash in a video game.

:clown_face:

To be honest the main thing which i may like about Velf DK would be the customisations, themes and stuff.
… playing them as Undead high elf on Alliance can be good too…

My favourite kind of crisps.

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA

MTG has examples like this all the time - for example, you can cast Remove Soul to counter a Soulless One - and the answer is always the same. Better to make a good & consistent game that occasionally has wonky flavour than to make the game worse by sticking firmly to the lore they made up and can easily change.

1 Like

I am going to sound like an idiot, but … MTG?

Hey, you’re an undead? So Holy damages deal bonus damages to you. Also we can use anti-undead spells on you.
Oh, by the way. On fire? Jump in the water! NO MORE FIRE DAMAGES!
Fortunately, there’s no such things. Can you imagine otherwise? (A.K.A. agreeing with your point.)

I am going to sound like an idiot, but … MTG?

Magic: the Gathering, one of the older trading card games that’s still going - my mistake, I forget that not everyone knows acronyms.

Hey, you’re an undead? So Holy damages deal bonus damages to you. Also we can use anti-undead spells on you.

Back in The Old Days Forsaken were actually Undead, with all the immunities and weaknesses of that type (immune to Charm, Fear, Polymorph and Sleep, feared by Paladins etc) and it was terrible