[SPOILERS] Patch 8.3 Thread (Visions of N'zoth)

“But muhh tattoo’s”
Anyways, what setting are we playing, because in my eyes its currently, quite literally, all over the damn place. I find it hard to call it a setting anyways and more of a fanfiction going out of control with all the contradicting hassle thats been happening in the story since… Wel TBC :stuck_out_tongue:

But aside from the Celtic tattoo’s… That what the whole shtick why people wanted them playable… Personally I am more in the Broken anyways… Even Void Broken would’ve made more sense then Void Elves anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

the Warcraft setting. Did you perhaps mean what genre or time period? Because in that regard, well, Warcraft has been a bit of a jumble since forever as far as I know, never quite fitting in any specific one of them. It hasn’t changed much as far as that goes.

that aside high elf fanboys already have two fantastic options available to them: Blood elf and Void elf.

Anyone jumping up and down for high elves instead of just playing those two is just trying to hide the fact that they want a blue eyed, blonde haired waifu, and not actually anything that the high elves represent.

4 Likes

Tbh, high elves are like blood elves but boring.

1 Like

One where high elves are clearly not based on the Celts?

2 Likes

If peeps wanna play a Blood Elf without the morally questionable nature of the sin’dorei, they can just play a Blood Elf. They got watered down into lawful good boys anyway.

2 Likes

Such a shame they watered them down so much.

3 Likes

This is why I still play a blood elf warlock. Only the worst of their race for my superior taste.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know why there is this odd group of people that is clamoring for High Elves and can’t stand being told no.

It’s obvious with Void Elves that any chances of them being made playable has passed, and the entire race was pulled out of a magic hat anyway because Blizzard must have thought the same thing about how High Elves are identical to Blood Elves biologically (except blue eyes) and are hardly culturally different either. The whole celtic theme (it would make more sense if the Farstriders had that) is just a means for people to grasp at straws to justify them.

Their only militant faction is also led by the blandest Windrunner.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure about the idea of basing an entire high elf race off of the aesthetic of Alleria but considering that they based the entire void elf race off of her Void storyline, I guess I don’t have too much of a problem with it.

1 Like

It isn’t just Alleria, in WC2 all your regular Elven Archers got the face markings when upgraded into Rangers, like how Trolls didn’t originally have tusks but only got them when upgraded to Berserkers. This was before Alleria was added in the expansion, even.

Looking at this old art by Metzen from the WC2 manual is weird. Troll with no tusks and human hands…

´https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/d/d4/RangerVsBerserker.jpg

1 Like

Excuse me but this is strictly not true, Void elves don’t focus on the Culture of the race and the aesthetic and Blood Elves are just a stupid excuse to have a pretty race on the horde side. The don’t even give a good reasoning to why The Blood elves haven’t joined the Alliance again.

Not true, we want them because they would add some variety to the already small list of aesthetics of the playable races, I mean look at what we’re getting in 8.3, the only good option out of the 2 are Mechagnomes while Vulpera are a boring and stupid race, no one with any real interest wants to play them, only furries with no interest in the interesting culture of the small pool of elf races we have.

I look at the high elven ships attacked in vanilla because they were thought to be blood elves.

I look at the dwarven spy and night elven sabateurs.

Hrmmm. I look at the purge of Dalaran.

I’m onto you Umbric.

6 Likes

Never happened, The Alliance was always welcoming to the Blood Elves.

Jaina was right to kill them, they helped blow up Theramore.

Umbric is the best Character in BFA, Better than All the Horde characters like the king everyone forgot about after he died.

2 Likes

Due to the Dalaran incident in Warcraft 3. The dwarven spy that was sent to sabotage the blood elven structures in Eversong. The night elven presence in Ghostlands.

The Purge of Dalaran.

:thinking:

No, that was the elf dude sent there who was in fact loyal to Garrosh without Aethas knowing, or he wouldn’t have recommended him to help.

Oh but it did, look up Warcraft 3 and quest through Eversong Woods.

2 Likes

Lol

Hold up there Xi Jinping, mass incarceration, dispossession and murder under the blanket of collective guilt despite the conspirators already been killed in Teldrassil is a very North Korea move of you.

5 Likes

not true bro, basic economics.

2 Likes

Says the guy who wants a 5th race of Elves.

Oh, not this again.

There must always be a

:cloud_with_lightning: Purge discussion :cloud_with_lightning:

1 Like

This is just embarrassing now.

6 Likes

Delete this!