[SPOILERS] Patch 8.3 Thread (Visions of N'zoth)

Noo two? Masser and Secundus?

Also cease this discussion about Elder Scrolls! You make me want to play it again and because of this thread I just got kicked out of my TWing! D:<

Yeah. Jone, Jode, and the Dark Moon. People theorized for years that Lorkhan’s body was torn in half and it became the two moons, but turns out he’s the Dark Moon.

Khajiit born under the Dark Moon* are Manes.

*Elsweyr spoilers:

Children born under magical eclipses are also considered Manes. The moons get blocked out for a moment and the few children born under are Manes, and it gives the implication that the Void Nights in the prelude to TES V birthed a lot of Manes during the crisis.

Dark Moon is the rarest of the lunar lattices, because it eclipses Jone and Jode in the sky and the lack of influence from the two moons births Manes.

1 Like

Tell me more of this ‘Dark Moon’.

1 Like

it’s the moon but dark

1 Like

Lorkhan got killed by Trinimac and Auri-El shot his heart across Tamriel, birthing the Red Mountain. His body became the rarely seen Dark Moon of Tamriel (as opposed to the previously thought twin moons). In ESO you visit the Dark Moon during the Mane’s trials. You teleport to the surface of the third moon to defeat the Mane candidate’s dark spirit or whatever, it’s been a while since I did that.

But basically it only appears very rarely in the sky, and when it does, it eclipses Jone and Jode. And the Elsweyr questline implies it’s more the lack of influence from Jone and Jode that births Manes, rather than the influence of the Dark Moon. It’s just that by the very nature of its appearance, it eclipses the other two.

Which would then mean that the Void Nights from 4th Era are also birthing Manes because Jone and Jode were blocked out, even if the Dark Moon did not physically appear in the sky.

There’s a special word they had for the children born during the artificial eclipse in Elsweyr who are biologically Manes, but not eligible to become rulers because they weren’t born under the real lunar lattice.

1 Like

CEASE THIS DISCUSSION LEST I START PLAYING ES 3, 4 AND 5! (1 and 2 don’t work on my hyper-modern Gaming laptop, because I don’t know how to instal windows 98 on a small part of my drive! D:<)

The original devs of Daggerfall are working on a HD remake as a fan project, and they have the blessing of the studio to do it so no C&Ds this time. But since it’s not an official project, it’ll take some time until they finish it.

It’s called the Daggerfall Unity.

2 Likes

HA! second time I caught you changing your text while watching!

Anyways that sounds damn interesting; and since I am to lazy to search or google; do they hve a site and can you link it!?

On a side-note; is ESO Free-to-play or do they still have a monthly subscription fee? Because I really wanna try it, but beside WoW, Netflix, Crunchyroll and Disney+(Gotta love the Netherlands to be one of the 2 countries to have that sweet pre-release nonsense), I’m running out of money to spare a month! D:

:spy:

https://en.businesstimes.cn/articles/119505/20191001/new-daggerfall-unity-series-launching-soon-bethesda-might-release-the-elder-scrolls-6-in-2029.htm

Okay it’s not Daggerfall HD remaster, but it’s basically Daggerfall 2.

ESO is free to play. You have the option to subscribe, which gives you increased xp gain (10% + access to rested xp), increased bank space, increased housing furniture space, access to all DLCs for the duration of your subscription (including as of recently the Summerset expansion!), crafting bag which is an unlimited inventory where all your crafting supplies go without taking up inventory space, and 1650 crowns per month you’re subscribed which you can use in the in-game shop to buy outfits and what have you.

Being subscribed gives you quality of life improvement, but does not offer any real gameplay benefits to you besides access to the DLCs. DLC dungeons and raids drop the current top tier armour, but you don’t need the DLCs to equip them.

Heey! I read about that Elder Scrolls 6 before! Sounds interesting enough!

Also I suppose to get all raid-y, a asubscription might be usefull otherwise what you see!

In that case! What play order would you as Elder Scroll Nerd/Loremaster suggest? TES3, TES4, TESO, TES5/TES:Blades? D:

Honestly people give ESO :poop: because of it’s rocky start, but at this point after the devs actually fixed all those problems and devoted time to fleshing out the lore, it’s now one of the best lore sources for TES. It’s incredibly faithful to the worldbuilding according to Bethesda, the quality of the stories (and especially side characters!) is great and the contraband item system fleshes out the lore in those neat little ways.

Basically every DLC/expansion releases a bunch of stealable generic items you can pickpocket from NPCs or steal from their drawers, and they all have flavour lore text. Did you know that rubber is a commonly available material?

1 Like

While it is an in-universe mistake to call them Dwarves because the giants called everybody dwarves, its not like there’s another race out there who are not dwemer claiming to be dwarves.

And while it’s an ingame mistake, it has caught on, so for better or for worse, the dwemer are dwarves and its not like bethesda are going to make another deep-dwelling race with underground cities BUT have more in common with what we would associate with dwarves in any other fantasy universe.

Whichever one appeals to you most. There’s no major benefit to playing them in any particular order, really. Each story is largely self-contained, and in my experience there’s very few throwbacks or references (even in passing) to the events of previous games.
This might not be the case with ESO, but it’s definitely true of the main series games.

But the dwemer didn’t claim to call themselves dwarves either though.

And tbh I’m fine with them not adding bonafide dwarves. I like TES because it takes those generic fantasy tropes and then twists them around.

Even the “generic medieval humans” have nothing to do with generic medieval fantasy besides loosely associated feudalism. They’re descendants of half elves born out of eugenics by their elven slavemasters in an effort to create the perfect servant race of man who’s just a little bit more elven because last time they enslaved humans, they ended up overthrowing them.

So they killed the uglies, took the beautiful ones as trophy wives, and bred them together until they had the perfect race of man with the qualities the elves appreciate the most – magical potency, aesthetic beauty and sophisticated like of the arts. The feudalism system the bretons have now was what they inherited from the elves after their hegemony faded away. Now magic’s so common that lorewise breton children play with illusion magic instead of toys.

That > generic dirty medieval humans

1 Like

NICE

Playerbase: Please remove titanforging
Blizzard: HERE’S A NEW TITANFORGING MECHANIC

It addresses the TF issue by making it so random, convoluted and stupid that people start just hoping they don’t get the ‘titanforge’ items so they don’t have to think about it.

G E N I U S

4 Likes

I like TES’s lore too because of that. I remember explaining to a friend about something in Morrowind and she was just staring at me like; what the hell?

Its a shame half the in game books in Skyrim got watered down to being more SFW.

But everybody else does, including the developers who put it in the game.

This logic is brought to you by the same company that removed pvp vendors because they were confusing for people despite having existed in the game for +10 years.

4 Likes

Bretons are canonically best race of human btw

1 Like

Oh yes, definitely.