[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha

Alpha rolling out soon™ so no doubt streamers, 'tubers and dataminers are gunna have a field day. I imagine as soon as it drops MMO-chump and wowhead are gunna blow up with pretty items, icons and dialogue.

10 Likes

Ion finally found the PvP vendor!

22 Likes

im literally shaking

2 Likes

puts on kobold candle, grabs pickaxe Let the datamining begin!

2 Likes

Players of all 12 classes will immediately see changes in their Spellbooks, Talents, and in some cases even their resources. We’ll have a separate blog coming out in the coming days discussing how we applied the class design philosophies we laid out at BlizzCon 2019 and giving key examples of the sorts of changes to expect for each class and their specializations.

Yesss, give us back our spells!

1 Like

AYYYYYYYY PVP VENDORS MY MAN HOLINKA

Holinka had to show the way.

5 Likes

The seperation of quests from side and main is a neat touch. Wish they’d ditch the 20 quest limit too.

5 Likes

I am cautiously hyped, I like everything we’ve seen so far but I really need to see the classes and spec changes in detail before I make up my mind.

It doesn’t matter how good the content is if the classes suck. And BFA has been a big step down in that department.

2 Likes

Ditto in 10 characters.

What’d you like to have back for classes?

I don’t think people should be praising them putting back in what was taken out in the first place.

Well, not putting them on a pedestal at least.

To me, it means they waste more resources reinserting stuff then making new content.

4 Likes

I think people are just glad to see Blizzard (presumably?) see their mistakes and going back where it’s appropriate to do so.

I think that, originally, some ability prune was needed. Paladins having four different judgements (or was it three?) was a little ridiculous. But as classes stand now they feel unfinished? Talking to friends the other day one of them said that it feels like we’re just at the start of Legion without our artifact or all the perks that come with it. All the RNG effects from Azsherite gear didn’t really work in as satisfying a way either, IMO.

Like it’s cool that my holy power spending does an explosion of damage but I have to pray to nuffle for that talent to come up and not [[[ur blade attack does more crit]]].

2 Likes

finally some crazy out-world lore away from my roleplaying areas.

1 Like

I specced into fire mage to see what the fuss was about and I literally couldn’t fill my bars with abilities no matter how much I was trying to reach and add any conceivable thing from my spellbook

1 Like

I want the original Cheetah Aspect back. I want a lot more stuff but that one is important. I’d like if most of the interesting abilities weren’t hide in the talent tree too.

I’d be happy with seals, but they were pretty much just stances: one for aoe, one for solo dps, one for if you need to heal. I do miss exorcism though, and the satisfying sound attached to it. Especially the big crit numbers when you’re dunking on undead.

2 Likes

Apparently it turned out it wasn’t as confusing as RNG upon RNG upon RNG and Azerite layers as they thought :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, sure, some pruning was needed… But removing stances ! From Warriors was just a donkey move! Stances are what made Warriors warriors and I would have it -no- other way. I would either have the old skool stances. WoD-stances(Gladiator where art thou?) or new ones! D:<

I main a Arcane-mage, and I have 9 spells(including the rarely used Iceblock, Slowfall, Frost Nova and Arcane familiar). I mean ofcourse I do have like 3 abilities for casual use to last longer, but that makes a total of 8 abilities in total! D:<

Personally; I hope they give classes some proper -racial- difference to! Colour-scheme’s perhaps renaming certain abilities across the classes to. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the gimmick after Allied races/Heritage sets.

Racial class skins/Racial casting.

1 Like

Some of the things they’re re-adding have been gone for over a decade.

I want Shadowlands to be a success, I do, but I don’t want us to start praising them until we start seeing actual new exciting content instead of re-implementation of old stuff once available to us.

1 Like

I think that Blizzard wont get praise just for the sake of it any more to be honest, they’ve had a rough year in terms of PR. I think the last of their goodwill™ is riding on D4 (Which is also competing with the new torchlight and PoE) and Shadowlands. God knows the W3:Refunded debacle still isn’t really fixed, there’s still bugs.

Edit: On a tangent, look at the 3D bits on that chest item!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/444573567821152257/696813197151305918/unknown.png