[SPOILERS] The Fate of Sylvanas in BFA

She’s not going to die, apparently. At least not in BFA. From John Hight’s wording he implies they wouldn’t kill her off ‘that quickly’. So that leaves us with another potential MoP parallel, or maybe her big plan works and she wins? Who knows in this epic ‘bait and switch’ Blizzard thinks is very cool.

I think the community backlash against making her a main antagonist for the Horde and Alliance has made Blizzard second guess themselves, personally speaking.

What do you think is going to happen with Sylvanas at the end of BFA if she is not on the chopping block?

Source: http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/chinajoy-2019-john-hight-confirms-sylvanas-wont-die-in-bfa

8 Likes

I have no expectations that it won’t be trite and forced, whatever angle they go for. Call me bitter, jaded, or simply a realist, based on past evidence :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Expansion will end with Sylvanas winning the war against the Alliance, proving the rebel detractors wrong. After firmly establishing Horde dominance through sorcery and scheme she will abdicate the throne of Warchief and retire, peacefully, with Nathanos to live out the rest of their days raising orphaned/abandoned dogs in Windrunner Spire.

Fin

11 Likes

:nauseated_face: but in 10 characters…

4 Likes

Her opposition fails, Thrall, Saurfang and Baine die in unsatisfying, unceremonious ways and Kalimdor is now Sylvania to the delight of all Forsaken.

1 Like

It really seems we may come full circle with MoP and she will escape true Garrosh-style, because they’ve also assured us that she wouldn’t be captured, so escape is really the only way she gets out of this mess.

And as usual, Blizzard is teasing us: “Wait and see…”

1 Like

It turns out Sylvanas was a good guy all along and suddenly she’s forgiven for all the :poop: she’s done by everybody on both sides just because she was secretly doing a gud.

:face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Iron Alliance time

6 Likes

yeah it’s big brain time

2 Likes

Her character will be assassinated and mutilated beyond recognition, with every proverbial limb torn into a different direction by a different writer, as each wants to have their vision realized.

The fragments remaining will be tied together by the thin threads of compromise and seniority authority, stitched together as an unholy, undying abomination of terrible writing, kept alive only by the adoration of her fans.

Thrice cursed, she will live, for death would be a mercy.

5 Likes

She’s done nothing wrong, why would she have to escape? :thinking:

6 Likes

Rebels owned?

4 Likes

World of Warcraft: Highlords of Azeroth.

We go to an AU Azeroth and fight the Iron Alliance, led by Anduin Lothar…

Honestly, due to how they have portrayed her in BfA and the latter expansions, it feels more of a cop out by -not- having her die. She is my least favourite character in the entire WoW cast just after Nathanos.

3 Likes

as i’ve always said, Sylvanas is quite simply a hero and will save everyone. I like this a lot. Hopefully around the end of BfA they’ll have every NPC who ever conspired against her (and every PC who didn’t pick Loyalist quest options) walk by her, kneel, and apologize.

Sylvanas isn’t killed at the end of the expansion, good to hear. Maybe it means she will be ressurected into a lightforged undead and rule side by side with Calia :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I don’t know and Don’t care anymore. its probably going to be stupid and start a Forum war.

11 Likes

The real Sylvanas will turn up, and be super upset that we all believed this obvious fake to be her. No amount of apologising will make up for it. The damage is done. She’s hurt beyond belief.

4 Likes

They also claim it is too quickly to kill her, and I am not sure what they mean. She’s been around since Warcraft III. :thinking: