Spy addon should be banned

Ban that addon already.

10 Likes

I agree. This addon is like a cheat. You know that the rogue in stealth is near you or someone else.

3 Likes

Agreed! Not sure why Blizzard haven’t taken action yet!

3 Likes

inb4

iTs jUsT a cHaT PaRsEr

How exactly do you ban it? Without handicapping combatlog itself.

Also, these threads are even more irrelevant during phase 2. Yes, I know whenever 90 members of opposite faction, including 9 rogues, are incoming. Does it help?

4 Likes

Actually it does.

If im farming mobs in peace and quiet, and all of a sudden my SPY addon goes mad, I know I have to enter stealth. Wait for the gank squad to pass, and continue my farm.

This is just theoretical, I do not use SPY.

1 Like

Spy is nice to gage the size of enemy raids. This way you can coordinate your attacks

2 Likes

As an alliance player we no need spy addon. We know that ALWAYS we have 5/6 hordies coming to us, everywhere :smiley:

4 Likes

Blizz ban the addon or people gonna release ”addon” to make people delete char if they gank them in pvp just look at cry baby allys cry :baby: :baby_bottle:

Exactly, since its an addon that parses logs, there is a clear advantage for ganker who just ride hunting that dont trigger any actions vs ppl that are questing.
Also totally breaks the thrills of questing in a PvP server…loking for spots with poor LOS, etc.

Shame all but two of the classes don’t have that luxury.

I agree, using it and playing against people who use it is a completely different game that I am not at all interested in playing.

1 Like

you could er, not use it

1 Like

Rogues and Feral Druids are build around that core mechanism, you think a Rogue or Feral Druid has any chance against other classes without going stealth?

I’ll give a simple example; I’m a Rogue and come across a Warlock or Shadow Priest I get dotted and there’s nothing I can do anymore but die.
If how ever I can go stealth before I get dotted and surprise a Warlock or Shadow Priest I have a chance of winning depending on the skills of the person playing the Warlock or Shadow Priest.
Rogues don’t have the HP pool nor the armor of a Warrior to give a simple example and how much damage is a Druid doing in Bear form?

With Spy active, I don’t have a chance on surprising anyone unless I sit in stealth for hours waiting for someone to pass by, hoping I can get to them with my slow movement while being stealth.

How exactly do you suggest to ban this addon?

1 Like

lol easily just remove the entire combat log xD

2 Likes

Blizzard is tracking which add-ons people use, so it’s not hard for them to ban people using any add-on they don’t seem fit.
Temp bans with the explanation of why they got temp banned gives them the opportunity to delete said add-on and continue playing without having to be worried about getting banned again.

Blizzard will have to announce, they will start temp banning people for using the add-on so they can get rid of the add-on before getting a temp ban though.

Trying to break the add-on will break other add-ons as well or maybe they can disable the add-on without breaking other add-ons by making certain changes in the combat logs. (Which are completely different from the combat logs we had in Vanilla, current combat logs are from Retail)

yeah that solves it, bravo! :clap:

no side effects at all, problem solved. you’re welcome

1 Like

Its not hard for anyone to simply rename the addon and keep using it either.

1 Like