Stalking, i dont know what to do

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, i dont know where to post else, thing is, im being stalked by a former friend, i already have all his characters on ignore, even changed realm just to find mail of him today, is there anything i can do?

1 Like

i know what its like to be stalked … its no picnic if you ask me personally…

the only thing you can do is keep reporting…

2 Likes

Contact support and report him for harassing you. It is against the T&C for him to behave in this way.

You can probably right click report player next time he contacts you too.

9 Likes

If this is legit and not a troll post - you can report him in game and provide time and references of the in game mails or chats. You can also mention you have him on ignore - in which case in game mail should not work for him but it could be bugged. If you report him he will be dealt with and they can look into why in game mail is still coming to you.

2 Likes

Report him for harassment
Write to Blizzard, these things are serious

2 Likes

Report it to blizzard, especially as they are circumventing ignores and that is now definitely harassment. Blizzard do take these things seriously and will deal it.

Report the in game mail and further contact they make with you and make sure you add in to the section you can add further info that they are circumventing an ignore you placed them on and have followed you after a realm change to get away from them.

6 Likes

All you can do is report and ignore.
I used to work in the music industry and had my fair share of stalkers.
Nothing I could do but ignore or report when it got overhand.

2 Likes

I wish this was a joke honestly, i wrote a ticket now, i will wait and see what they say, its just so much dread logging in and hoping i got every single character of him on my ignore list, but now that he followed to my new realm i have no idea of his characters.

I wish I could believe that, but we had a case on Argent Dawn not too long ago, and the victim basically had to contend with their stalker for months. This despite documenting the instances of harassment meticulously, and going through the proper channels several times.

Sadly, I don’t know how things ended up in that case. I know police were ultimately considered as an option, so that might have been the ultimate solution.

Best of luck OP, hope things work out sooner than later.

Thank you all for your answers. I will wait for the ticket now. I will update if i get an answer.

6 Likes

How sad does a person have to be to stalk somebody?
It’s embarrassing and desperate behaviour.

Anyway, yes, you should keep reporting him. There are only so many new characters he will create before he gets bored of being blocked and moves on. What a weirdo.

2 Likes

This kind of behaviour is horrifying. I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. I hope blizzard takes action quickly for you

Well i guess you can keep reporting until money runs out.

Eventually it will happen.

What did he put in the mail?

Barely. There was some guild drama in a guild I played in, in early cataclysm. Someone got kicked due to it and they then proceeded to post people’s personal info on trade chat, like real name, addresses if they knew them, phone nrs and so on.

It took like a week for blizzard to act and a few days later after the ban was over they were back at it again. They kept it up until their sub was over.

If the person is circumventing your ignore to contact you, you will need to raise a ticket. In most cases it is sufficient to be able to right click ignore, this should stop everything but if your former friend is going above and beyond to get in touch then this is harassment.

Be sure to explain in your ticket that you have tried the standard methods like report player/ignore etc and that they are still contacting you, tell them the friend is circumventing the ignores/block and is still harassing you in game.

3 Likes

get in touch with blizzard support and see if they can do anything about it , if they won’t (tho i think they’ll be happy to help you) then let us know and we’ll try to be your voice .

This game has sadly way too little privacy protection. But as the others said, spam CS tickets until you get a human staff.

They don’t. In fact, they usually do nothing or even protect the abuser.

There’s basically nothing you can do against this issue, other than quitting the game.

Sad but true.

Don’t they disappear if you don’t reply them. I had one last expansion (as far as I know) it was a healer. It was Shadowlands season3 I guess.

The guy was sending me dumb messages and had a trash sense of humour, so I said “watch this now” then deleted him.

Intentionally I did not ignore to see if I was right about deleting, he kept messaging me for 3-3.5 weeks from battlenet everday, almost a month. I was right.

Basically my solution was to not interact.