Start balancing all specializations the right way for M+ (The 5-10% nerfs are not enough)

Wut?

I’ve got my 4-set, I’ve gone to +21 so far and I’m not even raiding. People that are pushing higher than me most certainly have their 4-set and they also have like 10 ilvls more than I do and most likely are raiding.

They’re mostly not underperforming, the others are overperforming. Makes no sense to buff that which performs to expected performance to the performance of the overperformers, that’s how you get power creep.

They can’t get worse than elemental shamans anyways.

The problem is the class design not just the tuning. They straight up refuse to give proper aoe to a bunch of classes while many other specs spam 2 buttons and do like double aoe.

3 Likes

I play both Havoc and Windwalker equally, and the difference is pretty extreme, the minor nerfs and buffs isn’t going to do anything, both the top and bottom specs need more adjusting.

1 Like

That means you have gotten a tier item in your vault? I play 2 chars, on both chars 3 options per week and no tier item yet. That means i am potential on 3 items with 2 catalyst charges + the ksm token.

2 Likes

It’s so easy to use data to ‘prove’ any point if you manipulate it cleverly enough.

Now try doing the same thing with a dungeon that’s comprised of small pulls of no more than 5 trash mobs at a time.

Also, set the key level to around +21-22 so the comparison accurately reflects pull sizes by key level.

1 Like

Why are people so worried about gear, dps, dungeons and everything else? It’s 2 resets into the season, it’s literally new ‘content’… it will get ironed out. This is always the case and always will be the case lol

1 Like

Its because people see ‘easier’ specs like BM and havoc doing high dps and instantly dislike it because they think having slightly less buttons to mash mean it cant be good.

Forget its 2 resets in.
Forget its ‘new and need to learn’ dungeons. Forget that the top players are in co-ordinated groups

Just ‘my class has an extra button to press so should be better then them’

So whats the lesson? Always choose the easiest class? Its frustrating over all when 2 btn class tops the charts. I’m very unhappy with this season overall. DH and BM are the most toxic choice to be meta

They are not two button classes!!

Bm has:
Kill command
Serpent sting
Barbed shot (which is multi dotted in m+)
Multi shot
Bestial wrath
Death chakram
Wild call
Kill shot

Thats the basic aoe buttons without adding in hunters mark and any utility like traps or surviveability. Pure ST has less but not by much.

Thats 8 buttons to press at a minimum. So stop the idiotic and simpleton view that its a ‘2 button spec’.

It is no easier than almost every other spec thats out there.

1 Like

It’s by far the easiest spec in the game, stop kidding yourself, easiest rotation, lowest skill cap, ranged, and can do everything while moving, there’s really nothing in the game that is easier atm, Ret would be second in my opinion but there’s already a decent gap, but hey, thats just my opinion, and it seems to be the opinion of most ppl, besides some BM mains ofc.

3 Likes

Because bliz failed catastrophically last patch and people would like to avoid a repeat of that. Also some specs are in such a poor state bringing them to either of the final two mythic bosses would currently be equivalent to trying to 19 man them.

Out of curiosity, what would you consider to be the spec with the highest skill cap?

Hmm, not sure, definitely not a BM hunter, that’s for sure, maybe Arcane Mage, or outlaw Rogue, but I haven’t played it after the rework so not sure about that one, Enh sham maybe, Disc priest, it’s prob one of those.

Arcane mage is always in the conversation, especially in more fluid scenarios like pug dungeons. Demo has been in the past but I’m not sure the new build offers the same expression. You can make a case for outlaw in terms of trying to play optimally though I’m not sure how punishing mistakes are on that spec or the current state of its aoe rotation. BoS frost I guess comes up too.

At the end of the day I think there’s two major factors, does your spec care about cooldown alignment / setting up specific windows of damage, and is your spec punished heavily for messing up it’s rotation. Regardless of what spec comes out as the hardest to play, it’s pretty clear BM ticks neither of those boxes, with the added bonus of being 100% mobile whilst doing damage.

Definitely agree on arcane. I love the spec but find it very difficult to play any way other than badly. I’m not playing demo at the moment, but I’d be interested to know when it was difficult to play optimally - a long time ago? I’ve played 2 of 3 rogue specs, but outlaw is the one I’ve never touched.

It’s interesting that people claim havoc DH is treated as ‘brain dead’ by so many people when its current iteration ticks both of these boxes. (Although I’m not sure that I’d agree with your criteria when most people consider feral druid to be high skill cap when it doesn’t tick one of them and the other is… well, meh.)

If you can’t define what high skill cap actually is, your judgement of what it ISN’T seems rather suspect.

I gave you a few options, I dont think anyone can really say for sure what the highest skill cap spec is, but if I had to guess it would be any of the ones I mentioned, also depends what you do,
also you didnt ask me to define what high skill cap is, did you? you asked me what I would consider a spec with the highest skill cap, and since I cant tell you with 100% certainty what spec it is or in which environment, I gave you a few options, I think that’s fair, so, how about you answer your own question, what is the highest skill cap spec?

Don’t even try to start this discussion. There is no easier class then BM out there

In my opinion, arcane mage. It has a fairly short burst window that’s complex to set up and punishes errors harshly while also requiring careful resource management… all while being a caster that has to fit movement around mechanics.

I’m curious why so many people consider skill cap relevant, though. To me, it seems both elitist and ableist to argue that more difficult and complex to play specs, with more buttons to press, should do more damage by default.

I was considering mentioning just sheer rotational complexity but I haven’t been in tune with the gameplay of feral for several expansions at this point and struggled to create a tangible definition for it as a metric. As for Havoc DH I think conceptually it is a difficult spec to optimise but it has so much damage that’s “low hanging fruit” that the optimisations necessary to play it well aren’t really factors in the majority of cases. When DH’s “Low hanging fruit” damage alone isn’t enough to make it competitive, then it is difficult.

If you want an example of a time when DH could genuinely be considered a difficult spec to get results from, take a look at Avade’s PoV of Mythic N’zoth.