Starting fresh, tips appreciated

Starting fresh on Classic Era as I miss Classic.

Thinking of potentially alliance this time round. Any pros and cons for each server? What is the “best” server?

Also what are lvl 60 bg queues like? For horde and ally?

For PvE it doesn’t matter what realm you choose and for PvP it’s the Firemaw cluster.

All PvE realms are connected and the PvP realms are connected into two groups.

Well in just about 17 days (on 24th of August 2023) a new version of Classic Era realm called the Classic Hardcore will be launched. It will feature one life rule, making leveling extremely interesting. If you character would die on a Hardcore (HC) realm she would not be able to ressurect at the corpse staying in ghost form.

BUT you can you use free character transfer of fallen character to a Classic Era realm where character can be ressurected as usual. It is not yet specified if all Era realms will be available as transfer destinations or there will be only a list of them. However, if one PvP and one PvE realm would be presented that would be enough as each of them belong to PvP and PvE clusters respectively, where realms with the same type are fully interconnected on Classic Era. You should not worry about RP realm as right now it is populated with SSF HC fans that will move over to new HC realm, leaving RP realm almost empty.

This SSF or Solo Self Found community put extra unofficial rulesets upon themselves sometimes using Hardcore addon, however as all addons it has flaws and mostly SSF playstyle is self policed at best, so addon is not mandatory and you can ignore SSF rules if you want to playing simply by Blizzard rules. Some SSF would call you not true Hardcore character for not using their fan made rules, however the majority will simply follow Blizzard rules, nothing more.

1 Like

Best tip I can give you: Don’t.

1 Like

You have 3 choices.
1)Crowded Firemaw cluster with bots, gdkp.
2)Pyrewood cluster with little population
3)Hardcore realms coming soon.
Or WoTLK Classic pretty much same as option „1)“

1 Like

Pyrewood is not really low pop. I have no problems getting groups all the time.

3 Likes

They always say it’s low population, even though it’s obviously not.

3 Likes

Ally side of Pyrewood is Medium populated. Horde side is somewhat closer to “Low pop”.

Actually it’s not that bad, I have characters on both factions, and besides, the OP says they will be probably playing Alliance.

1 Like

My best tip to anyone is honestly just try to enjoy yourself and play as YOU want.
Don’t worry about numbers. You could play on PvP which is the highest pop, PvE where we are not anywhere near their population but still having fun and doing stuff. Or somewhere like HW where there is a few niche guilds doing their hardest to pick things up.

Ignore the population. Play where you like, how you like and enjoy the journey wherever you decide to go.
It’s your subscription. Play how and where you feel you’d get most enjoyment

Back in the day a realm could house 2500-3000 players.
During peak hours Pyrewood have ~1800 players active every evening (according to the census from Vanilla Classic Era discord, last updated june 1st) . It’s a perfectly healthy population to find groups for dungeons, quest and everything you could ever need. It’s almost at it’s capacity for the worlds back in the days, so it’s not really low pop.

Also op: Battlegrounds are cross realm so you can join up with the other realms too.

1 Like

I am playing on Horde side and sometimes can be hard to find groups, but it is not that bad. The main thing that keeps me here is that community is great, people are very understandable and helpful. Seeing same people or grouping with them makes me really happy. There’s a lot of new players or old players who played when Vanilla came out and having this type of variety is awesome.

I really enjoy my time here. I met a lot of good people, found an active and friendly guild who is still in leveling phase and planning to start progress in raids. We are not rushing and having a chance to experience everything with really nice community all over again without boosts or being caried makes me excited and can’t wait start planning tactics or collecting pre-raid BiS items.

P.S. Also have to add,the biggest advantage of PvE cluster is that there’s much less bots, gold selling or boosts in chat.

3 Likes

I didn’t say empty. I said a bit little players

I am kinda afraid it won’t be too long. People will start migrating there and bots will follow. After that we will be left with second pvp cluster

Yes, fixed. but it’s not really ‘few’ players either…

For horde a bit few. On alliance situation is pretty ok

I abhor gdkp, but Firemaw PvP is still probably the liveliest server.

There’s groups for almost all dungeons, tons of people, tons of world pvp.

Sure there’s lvl 60 griefers but there always had been. It’s not as bad as some try to portray it. It is worse than in vanilla that much is true.

Stranglerhorn Vale is Vietnam, but that’s part of the fun.

Can’t say much about the lvl 60 situation. I’m levelling with some friends, looking forward to dungeon gear and finding a neat raiding guild.

There aren’t that many out there because of the gdkp cancer but considering how many ppl are levelling I’m hoping we’ll be able to find something, if not…we’ll baldures gate 3 is pretty good :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.