State of MM Hunter

NL is a real strange dungeon sometimes. Some of that stuff really hurts and the mechanics are a bit daft sometimes (like on the 2nd boss, why, if you have a 2nd intermission, do the hands appear without any kind of vocalisation? Seems a bit buggy). But some of those circles just cast so rapidly…the Naraxas circles, the stonefall circles. And I do try and get out of them but sometimes it’s the fact I don’t have the most stellar PC that causes problems (an old 2060 laptop after a cat incident destroyed my 3090Ti). Sometimes I get a spike just as a load of mechanics come in and it only takes a split second to mistime these mechanics. A grace period would be nice a la penultimate boss in Azure Vaults with his frost circles.

Also I’ve noticed I can have all of my defensives up for some mechanics (without going full on turtle) and I still get slapped more than other classes. I am just fortunate enough to be generally better at ducking-and-weaving than most people in a fight. Not bad for a 46 year old, wonder how long my reactions are going to last before it all goes to crap :smiley:

1 Like

I think I made an eloquent reply to this one in my previous post. Those top logs at least show what the specs can do when most error is removed, it’s a fairer comparison. And MM doesn’t fair that well. However I’ve found my skill and experience with the class makes up for people trying to pick up “flavour of the month” classes. Still, in the right hands, I can’t touch a retri pala for example, it’s silly.

1 Like

I mean honestly your post implied PvE since you were talking about NL, so responding to all of my things about PvP is kinda irrelevant and not something I super care about ngl.

But basically every spec IS competitive. As you even allude to yourself, the issue is purely a player issue. Finding a group is not an MM issue, it’s a virtually every spec in the game minus about 3 issue.

My reply was beyond PVP

How do you call a spec competitive when you’re between 120-130k overall and most meta classes and specs are at 140-160k with less gear than us, seriously shirt the fork up.

Guess what, those meta specs are literally called meta because they are doing more damage than everyone else. They are not just beating hunters, they are beating everyone.

Your numbers are meaningless when in some dungeons people are doing 200k and others 120k, completely depends on a million factors.

MM is pretty average, but saying it’s not as good as the meta specs is not very useful considering that’s literally why they are meta specs.

How old are you, 12?

Dude, you’re whole argument is : we are not the worst, so it’s okey.

When you’re applying to a group and you need over an hour to find one because beside you you got 50 people playing meta with the same ilvl and MM+ rating, yes, this is a problem. That’s not okey.
When half the specs and classes are meta, they are average to each others and MM which is indeed, average, just become dogshirt.

There is worse than us and I advocate for those spec to be tune up aswell.

Most of us don’t have 8 hours a day to play this game so spending over an hour because Blizzard doesn’t care enough to allow us to play is indeed a fork up from them.
This shirt has plagued the game for years, they want to win people back ? Start putting some effort into balacing THE FREAKING GAME. It’s not a kind gesture to do so, it’s the BARE MINIMUM.

You’ve completed 84 keys this season, I’m sure a few failed as well. So thats 84 hours just in queues because surely you aren’t exaggerating.

You’ve also completed normal and heroic 4 times, as well as having done lfr. You are indeed lacking time in game.

What? Really?

This is why its so hard to have decent feedback here. What you’ve said is patently rubbish, yet you no doubt expect people to take you seriously.

Survival is actually pretty good right now in both raid and m+. But as for mm/bm , all other range specs except affli warlock currently outperform them it seems.

They’re giving BM an extra 5% DPS so, woooooo, all is fixed…yeah

1 Like

Spread over weeks he doesn’t need 8 hours a day. I didn’t. Plus he might do the majority of his keys with friends/guild. But I can testify that sometimes when I want to do a key quite often no one is around so I pug some. I’ve not had a hard time getting into pugs but I know that is going to dry up now I’m closing on the 20 kind of level just because of how bad hunter is perceived as - liable to go pop, mediocre damage. Balance is critical in these things and bringing something to the table that is unique.

That’s your argument ? You check my profile and invalid my whole argumentation based on what you made of it in your mind ?
That’s where we are at ? An interesting conversation, indeed.

MM is weak in key, low surviviability, lack of impactful utalitaries and even our iconic burst aoe dps is weak, we need tuning.
I don’t see what’s there is to discuss here, it’s pretty much agreed upon by anyone trying to do competitive content at a decent level.

Right now, picking a MM is a liability for any key, it’s just a fact and I do not want to wait 6 months to MAYBE get out of the sewer next season.

1 Like

It’s what they did to me mate. Picked on my logs and decided “how can such a lowbie be entitled to any sort of opinion?”. Doesn’t matter how well-reasoned my original post was and how I highlighted the evidence of such, whether numerical or anecdotal. No, this place is horrible and the attitudes of people here really doesn’t make me want to play this game any more. Especially at a point in my life where I am trying to get over perfectionism which is one of the most harmful things in my life (part of ADHD/RSD) and I encounter this kind of attitude? WoW is a bit of a toxic cesspit I’m afraid.

then don’t play anymore, or don’t read the forum. Didn’t you say you were quitting because you were offended when Jerby x-rayed you ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.