State of Retail Servers

Let me see 425 accounts, 777 toons

• 600k Gold per char transfer ( 2 tokens each )
  • 900k for the Guild. ( 3 tokens )

That will be a total of more than 467,100,000 Gold :star:/ 10,140 Euro

Should I begin a Kickstarer or Sell a kidney :joy: ?

5 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly. Our realm was promised to be connected when they did the last round of connections prior to SL launch. They promised to connect all low population realms, ours was one of those, yet it never happened. Since then we’ve become even more deserted. Our guild loses as many to transfers off realm, as we get new recruits in, if not more.

I see all this news and updates about various Classic servers getting the attention, and it just feels really bad that the servers that Blizzard spent years battling against even having, are getting all the attention, and those of us on retail seem to be getting none.

Now I realise that’s probably not true at all … but from a personal viewpoint, as a guild leader and as someone who has played (and run a guild) on the same realm for over a decade, I’ve seen the realm slowly get smaller and smaller, recruits harder to find and virtually every tool I use to try and keep the guild running either removed, “improved” (but not), hobbled or broken completely. All of which gives many of us the feeling that we’ve been deserted.

• The in-game calendar is not fit for purpose.
  • /who no longer works.
  • Guild chat fairly regularly either lags or stops working completely.
  • Permissions for various ranks have been oversimplified.
  • The in-game guild finder doesn’t work properly/isn’t truly fit for purpose and, for some, is just constantly broken.
  • Whispers occasionally break, sending battlenet type chats to non-battlenet friends, and therefore scrubbing the names from them.
  • The armories break fairly regularly, so we’re unable to see character or guild pages.
  • Guild perks were cut down to size dramatically - remember the guild summon?! Instead of one summon, we now have to spend ages summoning people individually.

There are others, no doubt, that I’ve missed, but, for a game that is supposed to be all about getting people to play together, it feels like Communities have been pushed at people at the expense of guilds. And then even those have seen very little attention after the initial flurry.

Add into all that the fact that there are so few people on our realm that, when we do see someone, it’s like that feeling when you’ve bought a new car and you see someone else driving the same model - you feel like cheering at them.

Plus our auction house is either silly expensive for a lot of stuff or, in some cases, what you need just isn’t there. For example Blizzard have given us these crafted legendaries that go up to level 6 … but if there’s none of the type/level you want on the auction house, you’ve got no chance. It would mean spending a stupid amount of gold, time and effort just to level that profession and legendary base item yourself - not many really want to do that.

I’ve seen people looking for a specific base legendary item, and absolutely no-one able to make them (or willing to).

5 Likes

it really doesnt matter whether you focus on the timer though, so you are in a way stressing yourself needlessly.

what matters is that everyones doing their job right and you should focus more on what you re doing than the timer anyways.

if you ve wiped a couple of times then sure, you can look at the timer and estimate whether you can still make it or not but from my experience, noone is hyper focussed on the timer.

sometimes i dont even look at the timer until we are at the last boss to see how much time we ve left because im that busy.

so…

by playing the game. by getting your rotations right and cc/heal/pull the right stuff. nothing more, nothing less than that.

in my opinion, if you re constantly looking at the timer then you dont pay 100% attention to the mob packs, which is a problem and is setting you up for failure because then mistakes happen.

4 Likes

Today i transfered my main from defias brotherhood desert to ravencrest,best thing i did since it looks like another game,full of ppl everywhere,people in goldshire dueling etc,stormwind was attacked,things i didnt see in defias since legion,im really happy with the transfer,too bad we have to pay for it.

1 Like

they scrap lfr and they scrap raiding all together why don’t you people understand that raiding is not worth the resources if a majority don’t experience them Ion and the devs before him have said time and again LFR is necessary to justify the resource cost of building the raids so if LFR goes your raids go Poof but hey please take away the raids we can go back to 10 man dungeons instead i’m for it

1 Like

Apart from this one:-

We did have Migrations when the servers were too full. I remember because Pieces left Draenor for Stormscale because the server lag they were getting even inside Castle Nathria was too much. Some friends also took the opportunity to move.

Blizz just seem to ignore the problem for far too long when it’s the other end of the stick.

They don’t seem to offer FCT/FCM in Retail for underpopulation reasons, only for over population. We really need another round of merges. The last ones ended abruptly and were never started up again.

2 Likes

I didn’t said take them away
i said reduce them to a smaller size so everyone can have FUN
did you ever played outside of LFR?
They can scrap normal and put it into LFR so we will have like LFR/HC/Mythic
and they can cut down from 20 man because i was in guilds and the problem was not skill
problem was to get 20 people ready to play in certain time
so reduction is needed to 15 or 10

i’ve raided in vanilia, tbc and wolk never finished a single raid though :smiley: and i’ve done LFR Since Dragonsoul

and i like it for the most part the only negative thing with lfr is putting up with elitist d bags that want to see it removed despite they representing 1 % while the lfr people represent the majority

1 Like

They simply make free money from this garbage state. Unless the company changes their approach to game, stop focusing maximum profits at cost of long term health of the game and company’s name, you are just pucked. And considering all the lawsuits and the upcoming money damages they will have to pay, I see your future kinda grim. WoW should be sold to a company, who wants to work on this game. Blizzard just suffocates this used to be great game…

I don’t see there’s any need to change the way raiding works at the moment. It allows the most number of people to play in the most number of ways. LFR is there to give the opportunity to those who don’t want to manually pug groups, or aren’t in a community/guild that arranges these things for them, and is also often used by higher level players just to practice tactics/use of an alt.

Normal and Heroic are both flexible raiding, which means that more organised groups can raid at two seperate levels with a group size from 10 to 30 - which covers your request for raid sizes of 10-15.

Scrapping Normal and just somehow combining it with LFR would essentially take us back a step, giving less options for people.

I understand it is difficult for those guilds who might want to run Mythic raids to get the numbers - but I also understand that, at that difficulty level, there has to be a certain amount of specific tuning involved and, even from the Normal/Heroic experience, taking only 10 people in to that level raid feels very restrictive - one person dead is much more of a handicap in a smaller group size than a larger one, for example; 10 people mean less chance of having a good mix of classes (once or twice we’ve done smaller raid sizes and had no battle rez, for example; we regularly have no warlock; sometimes we won’t have a priest buff because we have no priest … etc, etc).

Once upon a time, you had to find way more than 10 (or 20) in order to raid, so I think what we have now is a good balance of options to cover the majority of needs. We just have to acknowledge that no-one can make everyone happy, all of the time. So there’s always going to be a few who feel something isn’t specifically tuned for them, and therefore it’s not fair.

1 Like

What are you on bout? :smiley:
i said i don’t want removed LFR i just want from them to scrap Normal cause normal is the same diff as LFR but you need to put this raid together manuly
so my suggestion is to scrap normal merge it with LFR and raise the ILVL of reward so people have good items from LFR too
cause right now your LFR gear is beyond useless my friend
Basically what i’m suggesting is helpful to you :smiley:

actually putting it together manually would go against the point of LFR it would be no different from a normal raid then

as most know LFR stands for Looking for Raid just like the LFG tools stand for Looking for Group if you had this things manually there be no point to the function and we’d be back in the crapstic days of shouting for raid members

The current difficulty level of Normal is higher than LFR. By this I mean that if you had the same group run both, they’d find LFR much easier, more forgiving and would have slightly different tactics. Hence the difference in gear level dropped.

And, as far as I’m aware, you can’t have an already put together group enter LFR together. And I know a lot of people who simply do not like doing LFR because of the randomness of the people they may be put with. Some of us prefer to stick with a guild group.

Which means that, if your suggestion happened, for those guilds who currently didn’t raid Mythic, you’d be taking away a whole level of raiding from them. So no, not helpful :wink:

If you’re raiding LFR solely for gear, and don’t enjoy doing it - don’t do it. You can get the same level gear (or much higher) by several other means.

If you’re raiding LFR because you enjoy the experience, and not doing it for the gear, then it doesn’t matter, surely?

But anyway … this is going quite a way off topic, other than of course the fact that, for guilds, raiding can be much more of a struggle on less populated realms.

I’m just saying why the state of retail is how it is

m+ is right now more popular in wow then raiding

and it’s simply because of 2 factors

You can play it whenever you want
and you can play it with your friends.

This is why they will reduce raiding size in future you don’t need to believe me but it will happen :smiley:

it wont happen lol, raiding is one of the biggest reasons people play, to participate in large scale pve

Lmao, are we even playing the same game?

I tried classic out, I quit after getting to around SM because everyone just wanted shaman as healers. Priests were out of the question. They’d rather sit and wait for a shaman than take a priest.

they all try to relive the past granted i was never a fan even back when it was current i spent most of my time avoiding the community :stuck_out_tongue: 90 % of the population just sat in ironforge or org and did NOTHING i was generally out doing something

i loved ironforge as the main hub, i was outside duelling people at the gates, and then very often horde would try to raid the city…
those days were the most fun and the game was thriving with people. 1000s of people

i spent most of my time farming or leveling alts :stuck_out_tongue: i only ever come to the hub to sell stuff heck farming SM solo is how i afforded my alt’s mounts :smiley: solo’ing that was one of the few places my Loladin was fun since no one liked ret in vanilia :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t realise you were one of the main decision makers in Blizzard - congratz! In that case, can you get them to do something about our low population realms?