Staying with classic questions

My friends and I are going to stay with World of Warcraft classic and not migrate to Burning Crusade on our server, Netherguard Keep.

It’s got me wondering though. Currently we have three PVE servers: Netherguard Keep, Pyrewood Village and Mirage Raceway. I would guess that there will be one new PVE server created for classic and the folks that decide to stay/pay £30 for character duplication will just get transferred to this one server. Does that sound right to everyone else?

If they do create more than one new PVE server for classic, isn’t there a chance that you end up on a different new classic server to your friends?

I’ve also read that your name will be held on your existing server for a time and released at an unspecified date in the future. This is if you do go ahead and transfer to Burning Crusade though. I’d imagine this wouldn’t be a thing for the new Wow Classic servers though (unless the do make three new PVE classic servers). But if three servers funneled to one then what happens if both Legolas and Gandalf from two of our existing servers decide to stay or pay for the character clone?

Edit: Also will your name be released on your existing server once you decide to stay with a World of Warcraft classic server?

I moved to Mirage raceway from Zandalari tribe , it’s a very active server so i highly recommend

When May 18th arrives, what will happen to the people on Mirage Raceway that decide to stay with Wow Classic? Will they get moved to a server with people from Pyrewood Village and Netherguard Keep or will a new server be created just for the people who played on Mirage Raceway?

To my understanding, you’ll be prompted to another realm when you choose to stay on classic. I’m willing to bet there’s gonna be a list of them of which you can choose from à la char transfer. Just make sure you and your friends pick the same one

There is an article accessible from the launcher. It explains some stuff about “making choices in Wow Classic”. Perhaps the info there can be of use.

I hope that’s not the case, I would like to remain on the same realm and it stays in classic eternal, merge them at a later date if the population is low. As a PVPer ranking up I don’t want to be mixed with a bunch of other people who are ranking up and then have to compete with them. Considering how little consideration Blizzard has for PVPers and how they have not told people what’s happening clearly in the upcoming weeks I doubt they have even thought about this.

They do not create new servers; they “clone”, duplicate … whatyamacallit all servers, so that they exists in both eras. Only your toon can exist in one of them only if you do not pay to be cloned.

That was my guess, sounds good to me.

The realm structure is being copied into Classic era realms.

So if you are on Firemaw, you will be on Firemaw-Classic.

Well i find tbc boring i prefere classic and wrath of the lich king.

Same, but with the looks of it, Wotlk wont be pretty.

Then i can just go outside once that this lockdown’s over

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.