Stop banning people for using a bad word in Solo Shuffle

Agree 100%, it’s time Blizzard started to take measures. I wish even harder punishment from Blizzard also for toxicity.

2 Likes

I think people should be given the chance to ‘change.’ A small punishment at first, growing on repeated offences and then a perma ban for those that will repeatedly not behave.

I mean I pay a Premium to play the game in an enjoyable family friendly environment. That includes not being subjected to foul language and belittlement from toxic players.

So if you’re getting banned for saying naughty words, the system is working properly.

3 Likes

You probably find this hard to believe but if you try really really really hard you just might be able to shout swear words using you voice.
Some people can go for weeks without typing a bad word. I know!! weeks!

1 Like

players cant even have heated gamer moments anymore and endulge themselfs in the depraved behavior without consquences. :pensive:

Litteraly 1984

7 Likes

I would pay an even bigger premium for the right to trashtalk my fellow players.

A “mean word pass” or something.

2 Likes

Mhm, I play at super low ratings and the only ones swearing are the ones who mess up the worst. So I’m not sure it’s a big issue tho.

Regardless of the point that we do have Mature Language Filters…which idk, people seem to turn off to just be able to complain about it?

I’ve been frustrated and played online since 1997ish and never once I have called someone a ‘bad’ word. If you cannot cope with the environment then maybe don’t subject yourself to it.

There is no excuse or reason, ever in WoW to actively type abuse to another player. None.

3 Likes

Why do you need that when there are plenty of games without a premium sub? Not doing the usually “Lol, play a different game”, but actually saying games without Premiums are usually alot more anything goes.

WoW’s Social Contract pretty much explains what is considered acceptable. I just don’t know why people just can’t be nice to each other.

5 Likes

I play literally 0 video game other than WoW.
It’s the only game with that class design and combat.

I’m not really sure the 1984 reference.

you can hardly consider WoW a free world. It’s a Digital Universe owned by a Corporation for playing a game. That means they can set whatever rules they like.

Assuming you’re living in a free country, you are free to walk away from Blizzard rules in their game anytime you like. Nobody is forcing you to play if you don’t like the rules.

1 Like

Same here, It’s a great game.

But what makes it better is that I can go about my day in a pleasant and friendly environment without fear of hearing what another player did to my mother.

2 Likes

What did I do?

i used to be silenced for throwing bad words on battlegound while drunked and you know PvP emotions took me :smiley:
but i think WoW is not a place for that behavior anymore

if i want want to be extremally toxic and grief other players i have games for that
like Rust or Dota 2 for example

3 Likes

As a mother lover myself, I do wish I could freely talk about our shared activities with their offspring.

1 Like

Takes a conscious effort to type in an insult though doesn’t it?

It’s hardly a heated gamer moment.

2 Likes

You don’t even have to use any bad words at all, people just abuse that system freely now. You don’t have to curse at all to get reported.

And that’s why I’m glad Blizzard are happy to use the Ban hammer in these situations.