Stop banning people for using a bad word in Solo Shuffle

I do not mind the filter my self, but at times, I have to ask my self why is that word banned, like I tamed an icebear, wanted to name it snowball, but nope it is locked due to mature language, what I find redicilous again, but the offcourse offencive words that truly are offencive and not just some sill slangwords someone might use that most people do not even know exists, it becomes realy silly

@OP:
People underperforming feel violated when you are toxic to them. For that reason, they will report you, to get back at you. What I generally do is, become sarcastic. Tell them what a greaaaaat job they did and you are a fan of them. Ask them to whisper you their battletag to add as friends. Then ignore them right away, bu-bye.

schools went OTT with gen Z and below on what is socially acceptable …

reality there is nothing wrong with certain bad words, and having the freedom to use them in the right way actually builds a stronger minded individual

Bears repeating.

It would be better to just swear IRL (if they absolutely have to) and move on with their lives. Typing it ingame isn’t about spontaneous frustration, it’s about “getting back at” the people who disappointed their expectations.

Resorting to swearing and anger over so little is the sign of a weak character in my books. A lack of composure is rarely a good look.

6 Likes

GOOD!

It’s time they punish the slightest toxic thought in this game.

I played FF14 (and would still play it if it were not for crashes on my PC) ESPECIALLY BECAUSE of the friendly and nice community there!

I really hope Blizzard goes ALL IN and purges all the bad behaving parts of this community.

1 Like

swearing has muiltiple levels…

used correctly you can swear to someones face and cause no harm but instead effectively voice your disgust.

swearing is a good thing and should not be demonised.

there is obvious boundries with this some words for example should not be used ever …

but the general swaers which i am referring to are a expression more than anything else.

(typing left handed is failing me tonight lol)

i dont think people should be banned for a single bad word. But there are people especially in more competative stuff like wow arenas wich feel the need to constantly trash talk and insult people. Some people and especially alot of kids seem to think swearing and insulting all the time is the same as being assertive or being a leader

Repeat offenders should get a short punishment tbh, like how you sent a angry little kid to their room when they are being bad. Also remove their rating! No pudding for you , naughty kid!

I’m curious to see the numbers if wow had “comm sharding” as in a alternative adult version for all communication channels and methods. You enter at your own risk, sign the “yes im 18” agreement, wave all rights to complain goodbye.
You could literally say ANYTHING (not criminal like ip doxing, selling drugs etc) run verbal shii-talk bombs with every toxic word to the power of mega rage… and they can only ignore and mute you, clap back, or just go back to the default snowflake baby safe space channels.

I guarantee you with absolute certainty, that 90% of all users would use these new adult channels, because there’s no risk of having some PROUD LITTLE MANCHILD GUGUGAGA CRYBABY report you, and locking you out of the entire game, for which you pay for, and have tens of years invested collections and progress, just because you said “F u” a couple times and all it takes is 40 people…

Think about that btw, how ridiculous it is that you get banned based on the subjective ‘muh feelings are hurt wubbuwabba’ of some 40 people, who don’t even make up 0.0001% of the 4 million users. Absolutely insane policy.

I guarantee you once more, that everyone would ditch the current default channels, because they are truely toxic, where these creepy ‘almost became a school shooter’-snowflakes just report anyone for anything, just flame baiting and report hunting to get a tiny dopamine hit. Pathetic and disgusting. Every healthy player would go into the adult channels where reporting is disabled. And you all know it.

Blizzard chat policies for the last 5 years have been a joke, run by some leftists with brainrot and a power agenda to stomp out healthy competitive masculine energy, behaviour and social norms. But as you can see, most players bow down to this crap because A) not much you can do when the company in charge won’t reply unless literally 10 million players go on strike and demand change united, and B) they are just too addicted and rather be slipper whipped into obedience so they can play their game in silence.

Or behave like a grown up.

Did you ever consider you are the snowflake!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that if Blizz start banning for toxicity, there will be no players left whatsoever. Even those who preach “peace and love” now will be banned at some point in time, that’s 100%

1 Like

I doubt that. Since they have no reason to be toxic in the first place.

1 Like

Why not just play the game ?
why do you feel the need saying BAD words in chat while playing a competitive match

Toxicity is a very flexible term that can be applied to literally EVERYONE.
To some it’s a constant character’s trait, to some it’s a rare occasion but we all are, well, toxic (with or without realising it)

From my experience, people do this because a multiple amount of reasons:

• Sunk-cost-fallacy (people don’t like investing lots of time and then getting screwed over by others / the game)
  • Bad behavior in general/IRL
  • Insecurities in playstyle (they vent it on others instead of looking for their own mistakes) (happens sometimes to me too, but I don’t blame others, I blame the game instead!)
  • Elitism/Toxicity (feeling “superior” to others, like some sort of “upper class” in society)
    *General venting of stress

No, those who would be left to play would be those that 1. don’t see the game so seriously and as a priority 2. are well-mannered enough to not behave badly, even if they see the game seriously and as a priority.
I personally would welcome both types of players around me and would be happy the toxic types will be gone.

4 Likes

You do realize that wishing some category of people gone is a toxic trait, right?
And that’s exactly what I’m talking about: cotton-candy clouds and vanilla stars only exist in our fantasies, and people who claim to be “completely non-toxic” often don’t even realize that they indeed are

Yeah, because people whom log in the game during evenings after a long day of work need to hear your 12 year old self throw swear words lmao. Get over yourself and stop acting like a snowflake. People whom think throwing swear words is cool should get a perma ban honestly. 10 days suspensions are not enough. Go swear irl in front of random strangers and see where that will get you. Or I guess you do not have the courage to it and have to do it online because there are no consequences to it. People like you are the real snowflakes, getting offended over this. Just do not swear and you won’t get banned.

:point_up_2: And this guy here, I suppose, also believes he is not a toxic player

Only from a business perspective, meaning Blizzard won’t be having the toxic players money. From community perspective, them gone would be a complete blessing.

I play games since 1994 and MMOs since 2008 and never said a bad word to another player. I have thought bad words and curses in my mind but am mature enough not to type them. Maybe it’s a scenario that is more acceptable for you? Everyone might feel angry but the difference is how they behave in public.

Nope, not only from this perspective. You imply some people should be banned because they do not keep their thoughts inside of their heads like you do and articulate them out loud. So, you basically say that if people who are different from you do something that you do not, they shouldn’t play the game. And again, you don’t even realize it, thinking that you are pure good

1 Like