STOP designing the game for RWF playes - Complex tier set bonuses for 10.1

Fire

• (2) Set Bonus: Phoenix Flames applies Charring Embers to all enemies it damages, increasing their damage taken from you by 6% for 10 seconds.

• (4) Set Bonus: When your direct damage spells hit an enemy affected by Charring Embers 30 times, gain Hyperthermia for 6 seconds.

HAhahahah 30x times :smiley:

Yeah totally meant only for raid content :smiley: so bad. How can you design a 4
-set so that it is only useful in boss fights

1 Like

Fire mage tier looks giga underwhelming sadge

1 Like

“giga”

“sadge”

tier bonuses have been boring for years

Not sure what make you angry all sets you listed are pretty boring in my eyes. Its just get it for sale of getting it with catalyst and forget

1 Like

How are some passive effects overcomplicated for you? Just use your specs toolkit normally, and enjoy the passive effects you get from tier jesus christ.
OmG, blood dk set is too complicated, I literally just need to do my normal rotation, and occasionally I get a buff. Wow, very complex, much hard.

I can be the first in line when blizzard needs to be criticized for valid reasons, but holy hell I feel bad for the devs when people like you throw crap at them, with the stupidest opinions I ever seen.

Honestly dude if any of the set bonuses are too complex for you, just quit the game. It’ll be better for both you and us.

How is a passive complicated?

Why do you speak in the 3rd person?

I haven’t seen any asmon clip complaining aboot this!

Oh no, from what I have heard the RWF people also hate it, they don’t want to make the game based on their minority. But also Blizzard releasing overtuned raids are not fun for them either, cause lately mythic bosses gets released that are mathematically impossible to kill and RWF people are pretty much the beta testers then. This is not fun for them either, as they get stuck on multiple bosses due to improper tuning by Blizzard. The worst part is when the boss is then heavily nerfed, and defeated effortlessly on the first try after the nerf - this takes all the fun out of the challenge.

World first raiders have the same interest as blizz: for the race to last as long as possible to maximize the twitch hype.
Whether it’s 100 hours of split runs or wiping on an unkillable boss makes no difference to them as long as 50k people are watching.

Yes they always claim this. Until they accidentally go mask off like recently where they ended up in the entire ´´akhtually high views in competitive scene = more people playing the game´´.

Without a goal to strive for by watching the best of the best games wither and die
No viewership and interest = No new faces
Dragonflight has failed at this
Its one of the main reasons every xpac had a major spike in new players but dragonflight was much less

Like they genuinely think they are saving WoW.

What makes this more sad is that when Asmongold plays the game and just does a dumb mount competition or transmog, the game gets like 70k twitch views. Meanwhilst Pvp and MDI get what? 10-20 k views? I know someone is going to make the argument, but the RWF gets a lot more views!! Yeah for what, 2 weeks?

Meanwhile if Asmongold plays the game WoW would be getting extra 20-50k views constantly. Applying their warped logic the entire game should be catered to have Asmongold play as much as possible to generate interest and hype for the game.

1 Like

Yeah thats totally why Limit had to call it quits during a previous race because the race did in fact took way too long and Echo went on to claim the kill with no competition anymore (they would have likely won anyway but still)

3 Likes

I disagree. RWF doesn’t want it to take very long, I’m not sure if you remember but during Jailer… or was it Sylvanas? But Limit (Liquid) pretty much stopped raiding cause the stuff just took too long and was not fun anymore and everyone was burned out.
RWF is really not in a good state right now with the overly tuned bosses.
I think Maximum from Limit (Liquid) also talked about not so long ago that its really not fun and people are quitting RWF if it keeps going like that.

1 Like

RWF raiders? For frost mages it’s just a little bit of extra damage for 2-5 target AoE happening passively using Brain Freeze and more Brain Freeze procs. It literally takes 0 extra brain to use it. Just use the Brain Freeze you’re getting.

Also, more Brain Freeze means more Icy Veins, which means a more even damage profile.

Idk about the others, but Frost seems perfectly okay.

I’d like to give a proper reply to your 3d, but there’s so much dumb crap written here, i honestly cba.

You guys will only be happy once every class is reduced to literally 3 buttons.

2 Likes

With these being limited to Tier Sets is fine. If you’re raiding then you should know your class well enough to understand Tier Set bonuses.

Or is this an issue because Tier Sets are easier to get these days and may end up in the hands of numpties who might get discombobulated?

1 Like

Do you want the game to fail?

Legion was the most successful expansion post-Wrath. This isn´t up for debate. It was.

Legion had pruning = good for casuals
Legion had Titanforging = good for casuals
Legion had RnG legendaries = good for casuals
Legion had AP = good for casuals

Of course you don´t want to argue, because you know deep down inside you are wrong. It´s gonna be great when the S2 participation numbers are awful and people are going to blame BotW2 and Diablo 4 release as well as the game lacking positive kiss affixes :clown_face: :clown_face:

4 Likes

It’s fine.

I can’t believe people can look at the talent trees, which is full of stuff at least as complicated as this, and then conclude that the set bonus is the problem.

Originally the talent trees had 3 and even 4 point talents. Reducing them to 1-2 point nodes means people have A LOT of stuff.

Lol. I can’t wrap my head around that logic at all.

Isn’t it funny how the most casual friendly version of the game, vanilla, had none of it?

and legion paved the way for bfa and shadowlands, but you’re not ready to understand that.

Edit: next time try to not vomit here what you heard from asmongold.

It was jailer. They dropped to rank 4 because of their burnout and running out of time. Sylvanas got mocked because of how hard she got nerfed through gear. Max dubbed her the easiest CE boss in history.

1 Like

I can see an argument for this. Although I’m not sure I agree entirely. Titanforging if used correctly can keep content rewarding but it also removes the idea of being done with gearing leading to an endless treadmill of gearing. I’m on that just now with WQs adding +3 item levels every now and then so my gearing is inching up week by week.

I don’t see how either of these are valid in any way.
A lucky casual could get a tasty legendary sure but most aren’t lucky.
AP grinds aren’t good for anyone. In fact they hurt casuals more since they’re always behind as they aren’t grinding the AP like the Hardcore players are.