STOP designing the game for RWF playes - Complex tier set bonuses for 10.1

All the available tier set bonuses for 10.1 have been revealed here:

Blizzard Revealed Every Tier Set Bonus in Patch 10.1 - Wowhead News

Here I show some examples from the new tier set bonuses:

Death Knight

Blood

• (2) Set Bonus: Heart Strike and Blood Boil deal 20% increased damage and have a 10% chance to grant Vampiric Blood for 5 seconds.

• (4) Set Bonus: When you would gain Vampiric Blood you are infused with Vampiric Strength, granting you 10% Strength for 5 seconds. Your Heart Strike and Blood Boil extend the duration of Vampiric Strength by 0.5 seconds.

Fury

• (2) Set Bonus: Rampage damage and chance to critically strike increased by 10%.

• (4) Set Bonus: Rampage critical strikes against your primary target cause your next Bloodthirst to deal 50% increased damage and generate 2 additional Rage, stacking up to 4 times. It also has a 100% chance to critically strike.

Protection

• (2) Set Bonus: Shield Slam deals 15% increased damage and reduces the cooldown of Last Stand by 0.5 seconds. During Last Stand these effects are doubled.

• (4) Set Bonus: For 10 seconds after Last Stand ends, Shield Slam unleashes a wave of force dealing damage to enemies in front of you and reduces damage they deal to you by 5% for 5 seconds.

The take from Zhujiang

I will try to keep it brief: I´m so so tired. STOP MAKING THE GAME FOR CLASS DISCORD MODS AND RWF PLAYERS.

Classes are already needlessly complex and makes the game almost impossible for new players to get into. Even some WoW veterans just wanna quit when they realize they have to create WAs just to play their class somewhat optimally. The talents in DF added massive ability bloat, which this game suffers from. The last thing we need is added complexity to this game from these tier set bonuses.

My Earlier prediction

In the above thread I literally predicted how the bloat from talents and lack of passive dmg from stuff like corruptions / azerite armor would make the raids harder and the clear rates for this Heroic Raid tells us everything. As always, when the game gets harder people leave (See Cata and Shadowlands). This is bad.

The raid participation numbers are ATROCIOUS. Blizzard clearly realised this as well, given the fact the borrowed power they added in .7 is basically passive dmg / healing designed to push guilds over the edge of whatever content they are hopelessly stuck on.

With the added bloat and complexity from the tier sets. We will see the M+ and raid skillgap even further. This is of course exacerbated by the tuning on everything being so tight (because the game is designed with the top 1 % in mind). It is also made worse by the fact that Blizzard for some insane reason, designs everything with actually HAVING tier sets, like we saw in Sepulcher. Instead of having tier sets being something that could be used to outgear content.

I am so so tired. Don´t get me wrong, will this change alone spell the doom for WoW? No, but WoW is dying a death by a 1000 cuts from a dagger wielded by an annoying theorycrafting Class Discord mod and it sucks.

18 Likes

I disagree, i think theres 1 or 2 speccs that are complex and theyre both being dumbed down alot in their reworks in 10.1.

Id say most classes are pretty easy to play uptoo a 70-80 percentile.

Im unsure how u deem a bumch of passives to be complicated their not. Ur just gonna do jr rotations and additional things will go off, they require no real coordination

However RWF is a large reason why every time new content is added it needs nerfing for the following month to become reasonable. So i can agree i think RWF does csuse some damage.

However it was the forums screeching for unpruning. And it was the forum screeching that tier 1 sets were boring. Rwf players werent the only voice here.

Incorrect. Borrowed power isnt loss is why the games harder now.

WoW had notoriously been known to be balanced on a point that pro players will do it at the start, and the rest would follow as they geared.

Gear was used to heavily bring in accessibility. By overgearing the content came fairly quickly. Now ur resching +16s by 390 ilevel and its no longer the case.

The continous push for gear scarity is whats caused it

Also to add to this, i think the weakening of both rhe healer and tank roles is to cause for this also. Remember at rhe start of DF warrior could litterally carry a group alone?. Why did they delete it? Because it eased content.

They buffed player hp and m+ mob damage, then didnt buff healing. No wonder now damage is so much tighter.

Borrowed power made optimiskng alot harder and increased the demand for 3rd party sources of information

I agree with the jist of your post. However i dont agree with what u have concluded responsible for the spike in difficulty

The difficulty has resulted from

Affixs conflicting with dungeon design. Affixs existed to make up for a lack of mechsnics in dungeons. They have overstayed their welcome.

weakening of the tank and healer roles.

Crippling accessibility to gear causing players to do content at a drastically lower ilevel then in previous expansions

2 Likes

When the man in charge gets his jollies from spreadsheets and math this is the result.

9 Likes

Let’s be fair; most classes are easy to play to the 50th percentile.

That’s why it’s the 50th percentile.

If most classes were easy to play to 70-80th, then that would become the 50th. That is how percentiles be.

Meanwhile OP, I raise you the mistweaver 2-set where we get mana back.

Because the devs still think we have mana shortages, and this is how to fix them. Vs evokers who get a 15 and 40% buff to their two biggest party heals.

Well that’s fine, I gave up raiding anyway, I’ll play FOTM healer from here on.

You won, devs. I no longer play what I like, I play what is strong because I do actually want to play the game.

2 Likes

Well, i dunno if the sets qualify,but i completely agree. It is super frustrating how the dev team’s priority is always the pro gamers. Can’t have catalyst earlier cause of pro gamers, Can’t have valor unlocked cause of pro gamers, can’t have personal loot cause of pro gamers, have to release content overtuned for pro gamers, can’t have major meta shake-ups cause of pro-gamers, etc. It’s extremely frustrating.
Despite what Ion said in interview before DF, the devs have not learned and are still trying to fight with pro-gamers and we are all taken for granted.

13 Likes

From what I see every single 2 piece effect is passive with zero impact on you.
Im even bored on the arms effect, its the exact same as now just for everything instead of only MS and cleave
And the 4p will probably just make people talent fervor of battle and not change a single thing about rotation, but im not sure on that yet.

dont tink much impact u play style honest 2 set pretty weak

I agree with OP… New tier sets are just bad :frowning:

1 Like

Warlock ones are tied to super niche abilities. Most classes have theirs on their signature abilities that you generally pick up anyways while warlocks have theirs on some whatever abilities.

Well, I am for sure 100% happy with the Holy Paladin set bonuses. Finally something that actually is beneficial neutral.

They are not even looking at spread sheets. If a fire mage takes another damage spell in talent tree your dps drops by like 30%. Ever seen a single flamestrike this season?

If a veng dh takes elysium decree and sigil of chains he is also doing 30% less dps than passive talent.

Like there is nobody looking at spread sheets. You only have one optimal tree and rest are garbage.

Fire

• (2) Set Bonus: Phoenix Flames applies Charring Embers to all enemies it damages, increasing their damage taken from you by 6% for 10 seconds.

• (4) Set Bonus: When your direct damage spells hit an enemy affected by Charring Embers 30 times, gain Hyperthermia for 6 seconds.

HAhahahah 30x times :smiley:

Yeah totally meant only for raid content :smiley: so bad. How can you design a 4
-set so that it is only useful in boss fights

1 Like

Fire mage tier looks giga underwhelming sadge

1 Like

“giga”

“sadge”

tier bonuses have been boring for years

Not sure what make you angry all sets you listed are pretty boring in my eyes. Its just get it for sale of getting it with catalyst and forget

1 Like

How are some passive effects overcomplicated for you? Just use your specs toolkit normally, and enjoy the passive effects you get from tier jesus christ.
OmG, blood dk set is too complicated, I literally just need to do my normal rotation, and occasionally I get a buff. Wow, very complex, much hard.

I can be the first in line when blizzard needs to be criticized for valid reasons, but holy hell I feel bad for the devs when people like you throw crap at them, with the stupidest opinions I ever seen.

Honestly dude if any of the set bonuses are too complex for you, just quit the game. It’ll be better for both you and us.

How is a passive complicated?

Why do you speak in the 3rd person?

I haven’t seen any asmon clip complaining aboot this!

Oh no, from what I have heard the RWF people also hate it, they don’t want to make the game based on their minority. But also Blizzard releasing overtuned raids are not fun for them either, cause lately mythic bosses gets released that are mathematically impossible to kill and RWF people are pretty much the beta testers then. This is not fun for them either, as they get stuck on multiple bosses due to improper tuning by Blizzard. The worst part is when the boss is then heavily nerfed, and defeated effortlessly on the first try after the nerf - this takes all the fun out of the challenge.

World first raiders have the same interest as blizz: for the race to last as long as possible to maximize the twitch hype.
Whether it’s 100 hours of split runs or wiping on an unkillable boss makes no difference to them as long as 50k people are watching.