Stop including a boost in base edition

Stop including a character boost in the base edition of every expansion. I’m sick of seeing that being the reason for the base version of the expansion to cost 50€. Remove it entirely and set it back to 35€ (or at least 40€), there is no justification for having a character boost in the base game anymore.
Just stop it.
… or at least offer us a “lite” edition with JUST the expansion and nothing else. Should be a no-brainer.
… or, if you cant lower it, let us swap the boost for like 1000 extra tenders or something, since at least THAT will be valuable for players like me and will be easier to stomach the price itself.

25 Likes

Still got my boosts from all past expansions collecting dust.

12 Likes

eh, I ate the baits with whole fishing poles… kept using boosts on characters “I’m never gonna play” and now I play 8 characters and I hate myself.

Same lol xD Think I got like 4 icons of unused things up there now…

1 Like

I used the DF boost on a character, didn’t like the outcome and deleted it. And I was like “easy comes easy goes, I didn’t buy it for the boost anyway”.

5 Likes

Did you use the in-game suggestion feature? I don’t think Microsoft business management will read this forum.

The base edition of DF didn’t come with a boost, you had to buy the Heroic edition for a 60 boost and I don’t recall base DF being significantly cheaper anyway.

2 Likes

You thing 8 characters is enough reason to hate yourself? I have 75 on two accounts and I have absolutely no life.

1 Like

that’s dumb - demon alts can be useful for seasonal events or profs. just undelete it lol

Slaving for some grind instead of playing the game in a way I’d like to is what’s dumb.

I like to level alts with Chromie Time so a boost is absolutely worthless to me.
I mostly use them on one of my alts I almost never play on a class I find meh to have an extra max level for mount farming.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think that is the reason… it just -is- that much, like most other games these days.

2 Likes

The only boost I used so far was to boost a Rogue so I can open the lockboxes :smiley:

Don’t think BFA did either. I think I used a couple of boosts in Legion for Class mounts, they’d been sitting there for a few expansions waiting for a good excuse to use them.
Between fast leveling in Legion with the Invasions and a couple of boosts I had all classes at max level. Up to then I really only played two characters with some lower level alts that didn’t do a lot.

If I get a boost in TWW then not sure what I’d do with it. Can’t use it on an Allied Race. Have so many alts now that are mostly stuck at 50 or 60 as I don’t really have anything to do with them.

If they remove it, they’ll still charge €50. The price would have gone up anyway, with or without the boost included.

3 Likes

I’m all for it, but it will probably never happen, they probably just wanted to increase the price of the game and used the boost as an excuse to do it.

Just like they wanted to sell more heroic editions and so added the 3 days “”“”“early access”“”“” to it (they just delayed the normal release date by 3 days).

Both cost them nothing and bring them more money. And yes, it is disgusting.

1 Like

Funny you should say that, cus i just looked up the price for the Dawntrail expansion for FFXIV (that comes out in just a few months)… and it’s 35€. It’s no excuse.
The only reason it’s at this price is because they have like… what? 4 or 5 different teams working on WoW-related stuff at the same time, but only one source of income from the expansion sales (aside from the sub itself and ingame shop). We’re basically paying them for stuff that people won’t even touch for years to come (or even at al).

1 Like

The expansion consts as much as people are willing to pay for it.

Regardless of the perks it gives. 50E sounds about right. For a product you will enjoy for 2 years.

As for the boost, its intention is to try to convince old players from joining. Telling them that they dont have to re-level their char or whatever. Thank can jump in streight away as if they never left.

Its marketing. Not pricing.

Interesting. Isn’t their monthly sub about 2 euro more expensive though? Swings and roundabouts.

You are delusional if you think this will happen. Triple A companies are thinking to increase the base edition price to 70/80$. Just look how Tarkov (250$) and Sea of thieves(1st “quadruple” game 70$) are ripping their customers