Stop ingame adds, i pay to play a wow game not to see ads

Dear Blizzard

I am not a world first nor i am i someone who keeps the game alive due to pay, but when i pay i want to play an add free game, guilds like Thriumph made it a add spam, and all addons make it to add spam ingame where it’s unbearable to play cuz all the add spam, why should i pay to play and not get paid to play if i need to see all adds? i log in and i get adds spam. i dont want that. everywhere i see i see people spamming what addon they play with. it’s just to much noice. FYI i dont use addons.

er, what ads are you talking about?

1 Like

The only thing I can come up with is RestedXP which send a message every time a player “dings”. It is mildly annoying but not what I would call spam.

Oh that? Horrible addon.

I didn’t even realise he was talking about addons, I assumed he was talking about some weird in-game advertisements that he had dreamed up in his own mind. Clearly typing ‘addons’ instead of ‘ads’ was four keystrokes too many.

Better stop there and not give Blizz any ideas before they think: "Hmm… having a boss fight interrupted in between stages with ad ad for Grammarly could be very, very lucrative…"

Also Questie is making looking for Quest look different when you have it activated - something with [numbers] :wink:

Questie has an option to turn off the group notifications. I think it should be off by default.

It is not, I think, At least I always get the “7/8 items for Quest XXX completed” notification.
And when I see people looking for help, it says something like: Looking for more to [17]Help needed in Auberdine [234]" with those extra bracketed numbers added to the Quest name. I don’t use Questie.

Yeah, I wasn’t clear: I meant I think they should patch it so that it is off by default, currently it is not.

2 Likes

hide the chat window, simple solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.