Stop the FOMO: Play World of Warcraft on Your Own Terms

It’s important to remember that the wast majority of wow players aren’t hardcore twice-a-week raiders. We don’t have that kinda time!

I want to have fun in panda remix, but I’m a mount hoarder and seeing that countdown stresses me out! I want to level my hardcore, I want to have fun in cata classic, but I feel like I have to split my time in a 100 directions! And that is wow alone.

Wow need to chill it with any time limited events, I feel like since they stopped making reps truly farmable, instead relying on daily quests and world quests, I’ve felt less motiovated to try and max reps.
It feels bad, having a day where you’re like; I wanna spend all day rep-grinding, and then run out of ways to do it after 1 hour. Having to wait a day or even a week can be agonizing.

I love this game so much, but it feels like they are trying to wring more time out of me than i have…

1 Like

Yes, but they removed my post questioning it.

So because you want to play multiple games (which is fine to do). Those of us who want to indulge in just one game/version of WoW, can’t have nice events to make the game interesting?

I am a nobody, and I support this message. Stop feeling like you need everything, and if you need everything accept your grind as a challenge, but please stop being a victim to this god damn game.

1 Like

Hey mate, you can’t just put words in to peoples mouth like that.
Go have fun the events! I am too!

The exaple for me are the various wow games, but it could be other games/work/children/hobbies. Our time is what the games are after, and we only have so many hours in a day.

2 Likes

I stopped wanting to collect everything years ago and just go for the mounts/mogs that appeal to me, I use mop remix mainly to raise my alt army :smiling_imp:

Nah, just miss understood what you were getting at then.

But yeh exactly. People are caring far too much about what they do and don’t collect/have in a digital game.

I don’t care for the slightest that I missed out on both Plunderstorm and the Hearthstone event, because I was out in the wide world doing amazing things (not sat in front of my computer). I certainly wouldn’t be getting angry about only have 95 days to collect a few mounts.

Games are to relax. If it’s stressing you out too much, then find something else to relax you.

1 Like

You are throwing general advice to a very specific problem, while neglecting the - fact - that the gaming industry is taking advantage of this problem.
Meanwhile, Gambling has laws, because of this problem existing.
However - Gaming is by far worse, since it targets people at a very young age and coerces people into the addiction.

Your suggestions are nice; for normal people who already do what you are saying, but please acknowledge that in this case; You have no clue what would help, and you ARE making excuses for a company - I would hope you are being paid for it.

2 Likes

You’re blaming others again.

And you are completely ignoring the fact that you are putting yourself on a high horse above a problem you have - Zero - clue about.

Your advice was literally “Go touch grass” when I said, can you give people any other advice…
It’s clear how uneducated you are on the issue, and this is why armchair psychologists like yourself need to step down.
You are literally defending a company for free. I would love to be the company owner, having you as a costumer.

1 Like

now you’re blaming me.

Nope, just pointing out your ignorance.
Stop, and go touch the grass you are able to go touch, while defending big corp for free while they run the wild west on an issue that is wide known and regulated in its sister/brother type of activity; Gambling.

1 Like

It’s not ignorance at all.

The point is you’re playing a game you don’t like, and you’re blaming the game for it.

It’s moot of me repeating myself, it’s clear you are uneducated and unwilling to learn.
Good luck tho. :dizzy:

1 Like

It’s not about blaming “someone else” its you trying to make it black/white… The problem is not as simple, and that is also what I tried telling OP.

Boiling the whole problem down to “Then just… don’t?” is completely out of touch with reality…
Addiction takes place in a lot of things, and of course companies do what they can to take advantage of this.

If that wasn’t the case, Blizzard wouldn’t time gate things… Reindeer Antlers for dragon mount with super low drop chance… Mage tower (First iteration), putting obscure amount of rewards in MoP remix but time gating it… That is not to “Create a fun experience” that is to put a carrot at the end of a stick and saying “Well, you will have to farm to get these things”…

If they did as you say “care for the experience” they would just do a “At the end of the MoP you will get everything” or similar.

Why do you think there is so heavy regulations on other things? Multiple countries have alcohol advertising banned on TV and Billboards… France and Norway to name a two… Why? Alcoholics could just turn off their TV? They could just not buy it right? Drink Fanta instead?

Of course addictive nature is something people have to work on themselves. But Blizzard fully knows how to ramp up player engagement and that is through those time gated events.

To put it short, saying the fault lies on one half and neglecting the other parts role is too narrow sided.

EDIT: In before your “Well of course you have to work for things and not getting them for free!” - You do not “work” towards cosmetic rewards that are time gated behind a boss that takes 2 seconds to kill… Its literally just to make you come back over and over again and keep you playing…

4 Likes

Now you’re trying to insult me, because you’re failing to see that the game isn’t the problem here.

The problem is when people are playing a game they don’t like, say they’re being forced to play it, and then blaming the game for all their problems in life.

That problem aint the game mate. It’s not preying on people. People just need to grow some strength and get their lives together.

I’m not trying… :rofl:

1 Like

No, the problem is the predatory nature of companies that takes advantage of addiction.

Again, you can view things as you please. But that to me is literally like telling people suffering from stress and or depression to just “work on themselves and do things that makes them happy, and stop being depressed”.

Yes, some people are able to beat their addictive nature, but imagine if it was as easy as you boil it down to… AA-meeting would be super effective… “Oh you suffer from addiction? Have you tried not to?” insert clap from cured people

2 Likes

You’re assuming a lack of education. Again, concentrate on your own problems, not what you falsely perceive to be mine.

They’re not being predatory to addiction. They’re making a fun game to play.

If you get addicted to that, then you need to fix that yourself. Stop blaming the game, and take the steps you need to get better.