Stopped tanking

Had to get this off my chest (yeah yeah, git gud scrub):
I stopped tanking today.

Why?

People are way too toxic in M+.

A dps messes up: noone even notices, a healer makes an error: only the tank notices and he’s understanding.

A tank messes up? Better wear your hazmat suit.

29 Likes

Okay.

3 Likes

Tanking myself first season ever. Only experienced very mild toxicity towards me, even tho I am a pretty bad tank.

I think you should start from honedtly evaluating yourself, and first and foremost never blame anyone else. Because I remain absolutely queit about others people gameplay when I play with them, I get similar treatment back tbh.

4 Likes

Git gid.

2 Likes

tank is like a goalkeeper. when tank makes a mistake ruin the run. If a forward misses a shot the match continue with no problem

3 Likes

This is but a symptom.
The cause is people being lousy to strangers as usual.

Unlike a certain other MMO, this game has not taken any measures to encourage good conduct.
Also WoW endgame in the recent expansions increasingly encourages an increasing % of players to act like if the game is their job.

13 Likes

Had to read the thread title twice :laughing::laughing: stopped as a tank in Legion after I got the artefact weapon, settled with fury and never looked back

I tried tanking once as a blood dk but people woulen’t let me tank first and if i remember correctly i was kicked for wanting an apology for them not letting me pull but it’s been years so i dunno

I understand you. I used to main a Shaman healer. After sometimes when i needed to pug i just stop. People are very toxic.

https://wompampsupport.azureedge.net/fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Fmobile%2F000%2F017%2F039%2Fpressf.jpg

The higher the keys, the more toxic it gets. Gotta find an epic hazmat suit.

Did an M+ 13 run last night with 2 wipes (and it was timed), people laughed it off and we moved on because we understood that its a game.

Unfortunately the opposite happens a lot more, making a small mistake leads to players flaming each other or just flat out leaving a key.

With the datamined social contract thing for 9.2.5 I wonder if Blizzard may be looking into taking more control when it comes to player behaviours in game. Maybe they will follow in the footsteps that the other MMO has taken, that can only be a good thing if true imo.

Yeah lower m+ are very forgiving timed 18 recently with multiple wipes (drunk run kek)

The key was actually a 14 before where the tank left after one pack, there were no wipes and people were doing interrupts etc. The arrogance isn’t limit to high keys.

1 Like

I dont have problems with tanking. Maybe i’m not playing m+, only raids but i learn how boss works before i join. Never have problem with people. If someone is angry as little kid, he just leave and we move on. Tank is my main spec.

Only when you aim for progression in rating and key level.

I recommend looking for people that are totally ok with just completing the run. They are usually very chill and patient.

Not even then. Think I’ve met like 2-3 toxic people during all of S3

1 Like

I think most of the toxic players are at the very top of the key levels.

People at the very top are not posting here on the forums about toxic groups though. The lower keylevels seem to me to most toxic. Allthough i also think the toxicity amount is very exagerated.

6 Likes

could be…