Stormwind will be the final raid of BfA

Shadowlands leak hype, truly the best timeline. Just cut out the shadowlands part and keep the bit where everyone dies.

3 Likes

Stormwind will be a raid. Just wait for it. Soon enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Facts don’t care about your feelings. Sit down, Erevien.

2 Likes

I can accauly see them do it.

1: horde gets to raid stormwind like they wanted for years.

2: it allows them to “subverting expectations”.

3: They get to anger the fans which they consider praise.

4: they have shown a compleet disgregard for morals, action and consequente, critism, etc.

I can see blizzard accauly do it.
So glad my sub runs out on the 11.
I dont see why i should keep paying just to be made angry.

2 Likes

It’s not happening. Besides, Blizzard doesn’t give a sh!t about what those hordies want and neither should we.

Siege of Stormwind with Sylvanas as the final boss to check off the warbringer trio.

Alliance and Team Rebels join up at the gates. Lots of Alliance characters magically showing up as Undead bosses because “Death changes you” and “Now I can see clearly”, only to give off a faint:“Finally… released…” and “You must stop her!” upon death. Writers insist there is no mind control involved.

I can see it happening.

4 Likes

Unfortunately this is a game where time invested = Character progression and unlocking items in the game.
I thought about not playing, as I share your opinion as well, this game makes me mad.
But than it ocured to me all the stuff I need to get ready for the next expansion.

Characters at level 120.
Gold.
Appearences, transmog library.

Assuming that Activision Blizzard has two teams and we are stuck with WoD team.
I want to see what the Legion team has to offer in 2020, not to mention there won’t be a faction war as well.

That’s the only reason I still play to be honest.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I’ve found another leak and it’s true that Stormwind will be the final raid of the expansion. The source, who is the uncle of a brother of a relative who works at Blizzard, explained it in detail.

• The first battle will be a naval battle as the united fleet of Horde rebels and Alliance approach from the sea. Basically a freebie boss.

• After land we will have to use the cities cannons to kill Galokrusus in the harbor an undead red dragon who got killed by Nathanos and then resurrected. Obviously he has free will and serves Sylvanas out of loyalty.

• The instance opens up and we have to go through each district killing undead bosses of former characters who all joined Sylvanas out of totally free will with great characters like:

Duthorian Rall and High Priestess Laurena as a pair in the Cathedral District. Rall is an undead shadow paladin while Laurena is an undead priest. Basically, dark versions of their former selves.

High Sorcerer Andromath in the mage district.

And even more famous characters! Other class trainers and even more famous character serve as mini bosses or cannon fodder.

He also mentioned that there will be a chance to save Hogger. He will then appear later in the fight with another boss.

• After we reach the castle, we discover that there’s an underground complex under it! The first boss will be an undead Mathias Shaw.

• We’ll fight Nathanos after it. Xal’atath, the dagger, has transformed him into an undead abomination who looks nothing like the former character. He’s killed and never mentioned again.

• A gimmicky boss follows. I dunno the source said, “Something like ‘Treasures of Zandalar’!”

• Bwonsamdi and Flynn (undead obviously) are fought after this. Because loved and liked characters who were build up throughout the expansion obviously must die in the same expansion.

• Sylvanas will be the final boss, but will survive because of some convoluted bulls*** like ‘muh honor’ or so. Or she will reveal her grand scheme™.

5 Likes

My conclusion isn’t about the leak at all. It just makes the most sense. They can’t pull another SoO without outrage. So we need a plot twist.

And they cab’t pull a Siege of Stormwind without outrage.

We don’t need a plot twist.

We already know the final boss is either N’Zoth or Azshara.

1 Like

We don’t. N’zoth shouldn’t be wasted on a single patch. Let that plot carry to next expansion.

Except we do. Refer to Ion’s statement and the final slide at last year’s Blizzcon’s What’s Next panel.

N’Zoth being the final boss doesn’t mean he dies, since Garrosh did not die in 5.4 despite being the final boss and actually caused the following expansion. N’Zoth wouldn’t be more wasted than Yogg-Saron and C’Thun, who literally didn’t make it past one patch (as opposed to N’Zoth, who has been active since Cataclysm).

Facts don’t care about your feelings. Stormwind isn’t the next raid. That’s not the direction the story is headed towards. Let alone the fact that another faction war raid would be redundant and that Stormwind very clearly isn’t designed as a raid.

It serves as better stage for it than Thunderbluff would do.

So would Ny’alotha. Yet that can’t be in 8.3, even though Argus (which could have been its whole expansion) was reduced to 7.3.

And no, it wouldn’t serve as a better stage, that’s your opinion.

As much as we are mostly relying on an educated guess, and thrown around speculating thanks to a wide range of “leaks” which might or might not be veritable, there is certainly something to this “theory”.

If I were you, I wouldn’t be as bold as to categorically state that Stormwind won’t be a raid (specially when you are chastising someone else for making a different kind of assumption).

There is a thread in the US forums that apparently has been recently updated with a link that leads to a new modelviewer of one of the ships that appear in that Stormwind raid leak (a ghost ship).

Mine is not an assumption. Mine is a fact. N’Zoth is the endgame and Ny’alotha is the Argus-type zone.

That ship model doesn’t prove anything, because:

A) It could be found somewhere else, like in Helya’s realm;

B) It might just mean Sylvanas has a B plot with the Shadowlands either in 8.2.5 or 8.3;

C) It doesn’t have to be related to BfA. There’s been many times where people datamined assets that would be used for a future expansion/patch of a future expansion.

Stormwind won’t be a raid. There was already a faction war raid, there won’t be another one.

1 Like

That’s awfully specific, even when we lack much information regarding what’s coming next.

For a “fact” to be such, you’d need irrefutable proof or evidence for it.

Not saying it’s not the case, but that seems as speculative as the case Erevien pointed at.
And his took into account what seems to be some datamined info.

Point being, that I would never stamp either theory as fact. Nor would I rule either out, given what little information we have so far.

Even if I’m mora leaning towards his, to be honest. (Might still be wrong, of course).

Which I have. Need I link the final slide at last Blizzcon or Ion’s statement regarding the final boss again?

I’m blunt. If Developer X says Jim is the boss, and you say Tom is the boss. You are wrong. There’s no way around that.

1 Like

Having Stormwind as a finale raid would be massive f you to the Alliance players and especially NE players. All those refugees? Dead now, happily serving Sylvanas.

1 Like

It was fake.

https://twitter.com/GFXbySage/status/1170965070509215745