Stormwind will be the final raid of BfA

I love how a hypothetical raid on Stormwind (Which isn’t going to happen) somehow transmutes into Blizzard having another pop at Night Elf Players? Seriously! Is there any topic that could be started, that within a brief span does -not- get turned into a Night Elf Whinge thread?

Sylvanas didn’t go far enough. She should have wiped them -all- out, instead of -some- of their civilians and next to none of their army. /sarcasm

1 Like

ftfy :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not sure what the problem is? I just illustrate the hypothetical effects of a hypothetical scenario. You do not want to discuss that? Then why bring up the scenario at all if not to discuss what effects it might have.

Think you’ll find that a) I didn’t bring up the scenario, and b) I am pretty certain it won’t happen.
If you actually want a discussion about it, I’m perfectly willing, but not if it has to be all about Night Elves and how it effects them, people are getting to saturation point with Night Elves, which may be why Blizzard smacked them so hard in BfA, customer feedback.

I got a pretty easy solution for that: Ignore posts you do not like. Really. It is super easy.
The consequences for NE was the first that came into my mind (I mean besides the Alliance in general getting pretty screwed with this ending and many old NPCs being wiped out). What else to bring up? How the Horde is loosing another Warchief? Players who chose being loyalists being forced into the rebellion? I mean there is so much wrong with this scenario I can spend 2 days writing it all down.

1 Like

That only works when the forums are not constantly derailed, and conversations about completely different subjects are derailed with “but what about the Night Elves?” “What? This is about a totally different subject!” “Yes, but the Night Elves have not had their vengeance, Sylvanas must be killed” “This isn’t a topic about that?” “Yes, but the Night Elves have not had their vengeance, Sylvanas must be killed”

It isn’t super easy at all. Its harder finding a topic even on the most esoteric of things that does not somehow all come back to Night Elf pity.

Which is fine, because it isn’t happening. I mean it happens to the Horde, because they’re the baddies and no one gives a stuff how they feel, but it isn’t happening to the Alliance, so calm thyself and fret not.

Fun fact, many Blood Elf fans are praying, with fingers and toes crossed, that even though he is the best candidate, Lor’themar Theron is not the next Warchief.

Its a poisoned chalice, Warchief’s exist to be raid bosses, villains who make no sense, killed off to fill a quota because an Alliance monarch dies (Looking at you Vol’jin), and ephemeral figures who have no impact on the game. Being Warchief really is like a spiked game of Russian Roulette.

That would involve three factions, Alliance, Sylvanas Loyalists, and Horde Loyalists. Essentially It is meaningless, as Blizzard do have this fetish for breaking the Horde in half every now and then, I mean it has been their motif since WCI . I mean ‘the Rebellion’ as you term it, is the Horde, Sylvanas’ cult is the aberration, not the norm, so I can see why they went with the quests supporting players who actually want to play Horde, but even so, it is weird.

Not sure it is the sort of weird I could spend 2 days writing about, but it is weird…

It is almost like NE players feel very screwed over by the story. Do not blame them, blame Blizzard for even creating that scenario. And when speaking about a hypothetical Stormwind raid that topic will of course come up.

If it is not happening, why are you in this thread? I mean isn’t the point of writing here to discuss what if?

There I agree. Blizzard ruined the position for Warchief with their storytelling. Nobody will take the position serious anymore. Whoever Blizzard put onto the throne next, the playerbase will just wait for that character to die or turn evil too.

1 Like

That it sticks out how is it possible that a raid on the human capitol would translate into an FU “specifically” for Night elves.

Don’t get me wrong, they have issues. But that claim seems overreaching…

1 Like

Because whatever might happen to Stormwind, it will get rebuild. While the NE will probably not get a new capital city ever (Blizzard is way too lazy for that) and will get their remaining civilian population butchered.

Boo Hoo. Welcome to the club, at least 90% of your species wasn’t wiped out.

No it won’t. The Hypothetical invasion of Stormwind will come up, not the impact it will have on the Night Elves! That’s not the aim or target here. See what you have done now? That’s the reason people are sick of Night Elves. This is about Stormwind. Not Night Elves.

No, it was one mad persons daydream about Stormwind being the final raid of BfA, that’s what the thread was about, so people were discussing the likelihood or unlikelihood of that, then you tromped in with “What about the Night Elves!”
We were all pretty sure the basic premise was flawed up until that point, then its like “Oh Gods, -this- again”

Yeah. I really want me some of this Horde Bias that people keep whinging about, so that I can have a Faction leader who lives long enough to let the paint dry on the sign outside their door. I know that killing Warchiefs has been Blizzards thing since forever, but their team clearly aren’t historical scholars, or any sort of people who know how such a society f*cking works, or never even had a conversation down the pub with anyone who knows how it works. Why is the Battle of Thermopylae famous? Why is 300 a Film. Because the King of the Spartans went there with 300 men and held against the Persians. Oh, and loads of Helots, oh and 1,100 Boetians, but he -Went- there and he -Died- there. Famously. Most rulers send troops, they don’t join them. This trope of ‘The Warchief must die to make the next expansion make sense’ is getting very tiresome indeed.

Not everything has to be about the Night Elves, other people have their own favourite races too.

Well I do not see any point in continuing it. In your desire to stop NE posts you only make more of those.

1 Like

then again it was bownsambdi who pretty much conviced Rastakhan to attack, had he surrendered and listen to the Alliance, he probably would be alive today, but nah he thought he was invincible, thanks to Bownsambi playing him totaly.

Maybe if you didn’t hide while Lordaeron was being wiped out by the Scourge, you might have been able to prevent their advance.

Or better yet, designing a defence system that requires more than one traitor to disable.

I didn’t do anything, I don’t live in Azeroth. However, assuming we are talking so literally, perhaps if humanity were better parents, and did not have this tendency to let their crown princes go off on a jolly to dangerous/undiscovered places without a suitable bodyguard detail, they could have saved the entire world a lot of hassle?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.