Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Ok, It’s time to end this. The video is on wowhead, go to the minute 1:34, there is an aerial view of the Alliance fleet. What I can see is that not only does the Stormwind fleet outnumber the Kul Tiran fleet, but there are only 5-6 Kul Tiran ships there, a miserably small fraction of the number of Kul Tiran ships shown in the Boralus cinematic.

Show, don’t tell. I don’t care if Jes-Tereth has some random dialogue where she says that “The Allliance fleet is in ruins”, as far as I’m concerned, there are still a ton of Kul Tiran ships in Boralus.

I don’t get it. Was that the Alliance version of it because the part where Lor’Themar looks all surprised at the very end was missing.

Inb4 Alliance favoritism

1 Like

And in the next shot down at nazjatar all ships look Kul tiran. Just accept it. The Admiral says the same. We warned you months ago.

Yes, AND THEY ARE THE SHIPS IN THAT FLEET, It doesn’t mean that they are ALL THE KUL TIRAN SHIPS IN THE WORLD.

And Jes-Tereth, that NPC that 95% of the players don’t even know about, says that the Alliance fleet is in ruins, usually Blizzard makes a distinction between the Alliance/Horde fleets and the Kul Tiran/Zandalari fleets. It remains to be seen if she was talking about only the original Alliance/Stormwind fleet, or also the Kul Tiran fleet.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/532679338601218049/593128952374099989/Screenshot_20190625-192225.jpg

Lots of kul tiran ships. What you think about this?

How many times must it be stated that there are no traditional Alliance shipwrecks down in nazjatar? They’re literally all of Kul Tiran design. L I T E R A L L Y every single one.

2 Likes

Nope, there is at least one Forsaken ship, and the Stormwind fleet could have been buried beneath the waves or destroyed elsewhere. I can only distinguish three Kul Tiran ships, a miserable amount compared to the 20 or so in their debut cinematic.

How many times must it be stated that there are no traditional Alliance shipwrecks down in nazjatar ? They’re literally all of Kul Tiran design. L I T E R A L L Y every single one.

And?! I am simply to ignore the fact that it is shown TWICE in the cinematic there are more Alliance ships in that fleet? You can count with your hands, right?

Oh don’t get me wrong. It’s weird that the cinematic portrays a wildly different reality from what we have in the game.

Anyone wanna tweet the blizz devs for clarifications?

Edit: The hell is it taking them so long to upload the Horde version of it. Ugh.

Just use your logic. You are Jaina. You have the strongest fleet on Azeroth at your disposal. You also know that the Horde has several camps and even a large fortress in your kingdom, from which they could potentially attack Boralus (and ships are useful in defending a settlement, they can rain fire down upon the attackers). Surely you would not send ALL the ships at your disposal just to pursue literally two enemy ships across the sea? It wouldn’t make sense, that would be overkill, you don’t send your entire fleet in pursuit of the enemy when that is not needed, and especially when the enemy has a strong foothold on your own nation (or did you miss that huge base in northern Stormsong?).

Can we finish this debate already. Both the Alliance fleet and Horde fleet were wrecked. Did we really think Blizzard would let the Alliance’s only major victory have any ramifications what so ever. Sylvanas screwed both factions over, and Azshara destroyed everything we had worked towards. The Night Elf fleet is still standing, so the Alliance still has the upper hand. End of story.

Ahahaha. Good one.

1 Like

I mean, it is. It is clearly elaborated in A Good War/Elegy that it was away by the time of the battle for Teldrassil, and it was not part of the battle over Nazsjatar.

So here’s the thing, logically the “Alliance fleet” does not have to include literally every ship possessed by every Alliance member.

Perhaps you people are forgetting that it is an ALLIANCE. Perhaps Jaina wishes the Kul Tiran fleet to act indepedently, so she has not given her Kul Tiran fleet over to the Alliance, so the two fleets effectively exist in mutual cooperation, but one does not have to be part of the other. It’s not like the Kul Tiras was annexed by the Alliance and now their fleet belongs to them.

After all, if this weren’t the case, why are we talking about a “Kaldorei fleet”? Shouldn’t we instead talk about the “Alliance fleet on Kalimdor”? Get my point?

So when Jes-Tereth says that the “Alliance fleet is in ruins”, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the Kul Tiran fleet is also concerned because, again, Jaina is by no means forced to turn over her fleet to the Alliance, it can still remain autonomous.

Indeed, during the Second War, the Kul Tiran fleet led by the good Daelin was still autonomous, it’s not like it suddenly ceased to be called that and just joined the “Alliance of Lordaeron fleet”:

You and me both know that the night elf fleet only exists in some sort of narrative limbo and that it will never again be mentioned.

1 Like

I am bummed that lor’themar didn’t got voice lines to speak only Genn. Typical alliance bias.

That we do not know, but it still exists, which grants the Alliance the strategic advantage. Come 8.3, Blizzard could easily use it as a means to bring the Alliance to Kalimdor for a final confrontation with Sylvanas.

And there it is, so predictable, so boring, you are getting so old and you are making me age with you as well.

Honestly, I am a bit bummed. The Alliance finally gets a significant victory over the Horde, with promises that the war will turn in their favor, and shortly afterwards, Blizzard destroys everything that was gained in the Battle for Dazar’alor. I guess there was to much hoping their Horde favoritism was over. Cannot have the Horde feel like the underdog for even fraction of how long the Alliance has been.

So bear with me, that tragedy was caused by Azshara using the Tidestone, and she happened to use the Tidestone precisely when the Alliance was about to end the Horde “fleet”? Remind me, was it Jaina who has “insane plot armor” according to the Horde stans?

That moment when there seems to be more Alliance Ships than Kul’tiran.

Also I do like how Lor’themar doesn’t even care they are being chased lol.

1 Like