Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

You do however, have to admire the fact that the writers of GoT managed to write a plot about a character burning an entire city that was worse than War of the Thorns. If your characterization makes less sense than Sylvanas’, you have officially dug beneath rock bottom.

12 Likes

Indeed. Even the way how both Cersei and Sylvanas somehow has the heart of the people despite one blowing up their religious figure, the house who helped the poor the most and dozen of citizens and the other one who did nothing in Legion despite push her own interests and burn a tree full of innocents in a war only she wanted.

10/10 writing.

Also Drogo got super buffed to the point where I think he can beat Deathwing in a fight easy.

3 Likes

The WoW writing team’s dream finally coming true!

I am still catching up on GoT… currently at season 6. I have watched everything apart from the current season, and the one before that, but I just wanted to watch everything again. Is also a great distraction while leveling or doing WQs.

I am starting to regret this. As expected, 1-3 were great but the plot is already making it boring.

5 Likes

She wasn’t the only one that wanted war.

How she tackles said war is an entire different thing.

edit: Regarding the other comparison you brought…meh. Not really a fan of religious extremists. Collateral damage was the condemning thing tho.

How exactly do you derail an off-topic discussion thread? But if I recall it was you and your ‘Forum Scum’ discord clique that helped spam report it to get locked after call out’s about your toxicity and harassment organised in your channel.

5 Likes

I can confirm that, I joined the discord of yours hoping for a nice community to hang around with but was quite shocked by the horrible images and things posted there…

…I really think you guys should stick to that discord instead of making even more off topic threads. :sob:

2 Likes

Totally good faith recommendation heard… and ignored.

And I can say that I never said anything there that I wouldn’t say to their faces, if there was no ban-happy authority and report-happy playerbase here. But I guess talking openly about dislikes is quite a shocking thing to some.

2 Likes

An unused Cataclysm-theme by Neal Acree. It’s awesome as hell. Perfectly fits humanity in Warcraft.

Judging from the name I think it might have played in Arathi. Maybe in a questline showing the rise of the Empire of Arathor. Considering that Blizzard admitted that they ran out of time to rework Arathi even though it’s an extremely important zone in the lore.

2 Likes

That’s really amazing, I never knew it existed. Cata music is probably the best imo, and the track you posted certainly adds to that reputation.

And yes, a shame that Arathi never got the revamp… it’s a beautiful zone, maybe a bit bland but the mood and ambience of the zone fits well with the lore. The rise of Arathor is also interesting, since I liked that small tribal aspect that the Humans still had back then.

1 Like

Nice. I like it.

They needed the time for more important things, like getting the Indiana Jones parody just right.

2 Likes

They really messed up there. Uldum has a great questline with the Tol’vir, slowly building up to a war while we get the chance to explore their culture, and then the other questline pretty much ruins the zone by bringing back Harrison Jones and going as far as parodying Hitler (wtf). Cata had a lot of potential, but some of it got flushed because Blizz didn’t take the time to create some interesting questlines.

1 Like

Yeah, I recently quested again through the Stonecore… really, not bad at all. Hyal was ok, especially if you like elven stuff. Vashj’ir was also quite interesting, though it did take too long to ramp up, and one leveling zone just isn’t enough to get used to 3D-aggro. I always oved the Twilight Highlands. But Uldum… they really took the joke that was funny in the office much too far. If half the zone is an Indiana Jones parody that I am supposed to take as lore, and quests like “roll over 1000 random gnomes, because they cray-cray”… the better ideas like the Tol’vir story just get lost.

It didn’t help either that the Alliance zone quest remakes were extremely superficial (added to the offscreen loss of zones). Some zones didn’t feel reworked at all (like Arathi and Dustwallow), some were dominated by parodies, like in Uldum (CSI Westfall and John J. Keeshan come to mind…) and the rest just weren’t that interesting. The better leveling zones were where our story mirrored the Horde side, mostly, and that’s not a great place to be.

Not to mention the destruction… yeah, ok, I get it. The cataclysm did some damage. But draining the Loch and flooding Menethil just made the zones more ugly, and it seems the damages are never going away. Other places got destroyed while questing through them, so you could have an ever-burning Sentinell Hill or Bael Modan (in Astranaar you could at least kill the fires).

I hear the Horde experience 1-60 was more of an improvement, though from my perspective it always felt like there was quite a lot of stomping Alliance without any real Alliance retaliation going on (Forsaken in Hillsbrad, randomly destroying Nijel’s point in Desolace), which doesn’t seem like a great model to follow to me.

So… all in all a really mixed bag. Especially for the Alliance. I don’t know what exactly was ruined throgh time constraints, but some of Blizzard’s priorities just seemed questionable.

3 Likes

Hail Emperor Thoradin the Great.

You can always hope for a new revamp.

…to make things worse?

Or better?

Good one…

Magatha…….plot armour…too strong…must…make…peace with the Alliance.

2 Likes

You’re at the right level to do some questing in 1000 needles and do Magatha’s bidding there!

2 Likes

Of course, anything for the redeemed Lady Grimtotem. She was tricked.

2 Likes