Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

big true. not one char was made and intentionally ignored the first chest they saw.

hm, i should read this…

Just got this from a channel I am subscribed to.

Rejoice Worgen fans, your hour has come.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Wimby I have sent you a friend request on Discord if you want to keep off-forum contact.

The new models are a massive improvement, almost makes me want to roll a Worgen for once!

2 Likes

The Hearthstone-tavern is amazing, even though none of the assets is something new. It’s basically the Alliance WoD inn with a mage tower and some Gilnean/Kul Tiran assets but they all work together so well.

Seeing this I really wish they would rework the entire world. Just imagine for example the “Pig and Whistle Tavern” in Stormwind with these assets and style.

5 Likes

Why are they even adding that place, does anyone actually care or did anyone ever ask for it?

As someone on a roleplay server I simply hope that the tavern can be visited at any given time. It’s such a spacious place that you can do all kinds of roleplaying events in there. From festivals, to great celebrations down to essentially Cluedo.

3 Likes

Forgive me, I doubt they created an entire area just for the roleplayers. When did they ever do that? No, there must be a story or thematic reason. They just released a new Hearthstone expansion, didn’t they?

1 Like

Something I just realized: The human player character might have originally been a farmer in the Elwynn Forest. I watched a youtube video where someone was talking about the storytelling in Classic and the first quest in Northshire was also shown with the text slowly being written.

https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=783/a-threat-within

I hope you strapped your belt on tight, young “class”, because there is work to do here in Northshire.

And I don’t mean farming.

Why would Deputy Willem talk about farming? Because the character was nothing more than a farmer.

No but you might still be able to use the area for roleplay. That is if you can always enter and visit the tavern even without a quest or a specific event.

By the way: I like how the forum cannot recognize wowhead when you use the Classic database. I got an error that my posts cannot have links in them.

2 Likes

Or maybe because farming is one of the easiest and most relaxing jobs you can have in a world like Azeroth…

A farmer who throws Frostbolts around? Well, that’s an interesting farm life right there…

1 Like

adventurers and heroes are made, not born.

i’d be worried if someone gave birth to a preset megalomaniac, mass-murderer with a faction ethic that changes as fast as the wind blows.

3 Likes

I just realized that Danath is the last member of House Trollbane. And he is a 60 years old dude who still doesn’t have a spouse. House Trollbane is done. A royal family that existed for 3000 years, whose founder was King Thoradin’s most trusted advisor and general, gone extinct because Danath couldn’t get laid. Disgusting behaviour on Danath’s part. Poor Ignaeus.

I bought some watermelon, and it has brought me happiness. I think you all needed to know that. :watermelon:

5 Likes

Are you black? Just asking to test the stereotype!

Apart from that… I won’t stoop to asking what you did with that melon that made you so happy. But happiness is good, you do you.

1 Like

I am visiting this cursed forum prematurely (I scheduled my glorious return for tomorrow) just to tell you I am very glad you got your watermelon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us. I will write it down in my memoirs!

Meanwhile I’m making myself unpopular in the Classic-forum, because I want somewhat drastic measures in order to ensure that the PvP-servers maintain a certain faction balance. I don’t want to play on a server where the balance is around 80/20. That’s not really fun for either faction.

3 Likes

You might get now why blizzard did cataclysm and blood elfs. That today’s inbalance in pvp servers started off early days of vanilla

Blood elves are alright, but I will never excuse Cataclysm. It’s one of the most one-sided-expansions in the entire game. Two out of three human zones feature meme characters and none of the zones has any kind of important story development. The fact that Worgen players had to play a Forsaken in order to get the full picture of their own story is just as absurd. (Let’s not even mention the fact that Worgen got more or less fully ignored after their starting zone. ‘Legion’ did more for Greymane and the Worgen than Cataclysm.) Not to mention the Twilight Highlands intro, which was completely gutted for the Alliance in order to introduce another meme.

And I think the faction balance was somewhat okay in earlier expansions. The Alliance was the PvP-faction with humans and their racial, while the Horde was the PvE-faction (trolls and Isle of Thunder just as an example). Nowadays the Alliance is bleeding players, mainly because of the mindset of people: Raid guilds go to the Horde, so we follow, which means we’ll find more potential players there and so on.

2 Likes

The Zandalari mixed racial, as well as the Troll racial have become almost, the go-to races for raiding content.

Now, the Mythic+ races that Blizzard holds, many people are seemingly playing Night Elf, Dwarf or DI Dwarf because their racial do suit a Mythic+ setting, but there’s no point to them in a raiding setting, because your not against the clock.

1 Like