Story Forum Offtopic Lounge pt. 2

Thank you for that insight. She also has written a novel series called “ASYLUM”. Does that ring any bells?

Seemingly mostly a Thriller/Horror writer with some Zombies thrown in. Hrm.

I hope she does well, the Traveler-Books were something I quite enjoyed compared to other Warcraft stuff. So… fingers crossed that she isn’t just a diversity hire replacing a better man.

She appears not to be French but from Minnesota, which is a state in the United States of America.

Well, at least she is not French, that’s something.

There is a very fun paper by Gerald Cohen in which he calls French philosophy “bullsh¡t”, and it is one of the few occasions where I 100% agree with him.

If there is one thing I couldn’t care less about, it’s French literature.

I don’t know much about French philosophy. Descartes seems reasonable enough, Rousseau doesn’t, and they somehow saddled us with the horrors of postmodernism (which we germans made into a much more horrible weapon, of course), but that’s about it, so… I can’t claim to know enough to agree. But as hereditary enemy I don’t need a reason to dislike them (in a joking manner) anyway!

He wasn’t really a “French philosopher”, he didn’t really publish in French (although the Discours was written in French, but he didn’t like it that the peasants decided to give it a chance and wrote Descartes stupid letters after they did), for example, the Meditations were published in Latin. He also wrote most of his works in the United Provinces, and he lived there for more than 20 years before he was summoned to Sweden and the climate killed him.

When I am talking about French philosophy, I am indeed mostly talking about the contemporary writers, and those are indeed the ‘philosophers’ who came after Rousseau. Derrida, Foucault, Sartre, Althusser, all those communists, deconstructivists and postmodernists who didn’t really know what they were talking about.

Well, if you think postmodernism has brought only horror to this world, then you will certainly agree with the fact that French philosophers bring nothing but destruction to their field.

1 Like

Well, I think it wasn’t much of a threat, though, before the Germans got their hands on those ideas and put method behind the madness. So… like everything French, not a threat by itself!

1 Like

He’s a genius, not a Gary Stu.

Lady Daelinna, a question for you – do you think that Daelin’s and Anduin’s goals align, and if not, how can you agree with both characters at the same time?

1 Like

I think they are both perfect in their own ways. Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

2 Likes

At what time are the US servers going online? I am seriously considering affirming Blizzard’s idea that there is a hype around the story by seeking out some streamer…

Edit:
Their servers are offline by now…

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to update my “Anduin is a genius” list tomorrow. Stand as one! For the High King!

https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee

Aand it’s online.

And the first cinematic… well. I still like Saurfang.

Saurfang sure loves punching them walls.

1 Like

It’s the only masculine way to be frustrated when no one you can reasonably punch is around.

(And Towelliee is annoying…)

Watching the HD-cinematic… No one is gonna be happy, like expected!

1 Like

Yo guys, what the heck! Sylvanas just turned into a Lightforged angel! She flew into the sky to lead the charge against the Void! What the heck, what the heck! It’s Kerrigan 2.0 like we feared!

Sike.

There is a character I want to see become a meme, though, in the HD-cinematic. Sylvanas’ companion.

Alright dudes, Anduin just compared Daelin to Arthas. I’m done.

1 Like