Stuck at Retrieving Character List (Again)

Found a fix !!
Had the same issue and fixed it by deleting Config.wtf file in World of warcraft folder !

1 Like

Closed bnet alltogether, and now I’m stuck at downloading a 200MB patch at 100kb/s, good old times come to mind…

I’m sick of this

So this seem really be on the Blizzard’s side since so many are experiencing this issue. Everything seems to be ok for now.

Yip, same issue here - Sylvanas(EU) - with one difference, I was able to login back and finish a key. I get booted in Dornogal after.

My game crashed randomly about 30 minutes ago and I can’t get past retreiving character list either, I just started the war within after 2 days of grinding. The best part is I just came back to WoW to give it a chance and I get this lmao

I kept restarting and currently am able to log in. We’ll see if it lasts.

Deleted my cache folder and I’m back online :slight_smile:

It’s Wednesday evening, finally.

We all ready here, pumped up for release of our new content.

We manage to run through NM and do 7/8 without a single wipe, just our raid leader gets disconnected at the end, he is unable to roll dices on his set item but well, we expect him to come back.

It lasts for 5 minutes, ok, now he has lost his opportunity to roll on his tier set piece.

Now, all of us are getting disconnected one by one.

Soon enough, entire group gets logged off.

At the same time, we try to relog, but also check twitch. All premium streamers are still online performing their usual stuff.

What happened looks to be simple, it’s 9PM french time which means it’s lunch time US time. They decided to apply a hotfix during lunch break without any notification for US gamers, so that after lunch break, they can start again their race / raids on the afternoon / evening with the hotfix being applied.

This is ASTONISHING behavior. There is no consideration for us EU players.

Our raid leader lost his roll, we lost our raid tonight, on the launch day, for whatever hotfixes some low concerned people in US had to apply.

Blizzard reply is expected here, you messed up the release day / night of most of your EU players, except the big raiding guilds which were apparently not impacted for most of them.

For all others like us, you OWE us a reply outside of crap apologizing.

2 Likes

Deleted my cache and im back online :slight_smile:

Same. Was in a solo shuffle and got dc’d, logged back in to find I was kicked and lost 150 rating for abandoning it. Thanks

back on now after just waiting

Perfect worked for me too

same here boys
was just walking around dalaran at the start of THE WAR WITHIN, now my game is the war

Got dc in Hallowfall twice … after 10min or so I was able to log back in and got kicked again during a delve :frowning: Blizz fix your stuff

This worked for me;

1. Close open Blizzard programs.
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
  3. Click the Processes tab.
  4. If agent.exe is running—or Blizzard Update Agent in Windows 10—select it and click End Process.
  5. Navigate to the folder containing the cache directory:
  6. Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialogue.
  7. Type %ProgramData% into the Run field and press Enter.
  8. If a Blizzard Entertainment folder exists in the directory, right-click it and select Delete.
  9. Restart the Battle.net desktop app and relaunch the game.
2 Likes

I’m able to log back in now randomly, lets go bois

Agree with above.

Hi

Returning player to wow recently started again, earlier my game crashed and ever since has been stuck on retrieving character list. I have attempt all the trouble shooting steps and other steps advised in other forum posts but still no luck!

Anyone else having issues?

Why would you even need to ask that, when the 4 previous topics posted before yours, are all talking about the same problem? LMAO

I guess they are!