Stuck on "retrieving character list"

Yeah please, an ETA on the fix would be amazing. i too would really like to not miss the first raid of the season :smiley:

2 Likes

Same here. Ravenholdt EU

Yesterday my HS did not work, today I am stuck on Retrieving character list.

I successfully was able to choose another realm this time.

Chose a realm that I had some very old characters on which I’ve not played in a long time and it’s the same.

Get the same issue as before where its stuck on retrieving character list.

Main char with the issue if it helps; Kwruuid
On twisting nether.

Same. “Retrieving character list” stuck at ~80%. Been waiting 10-15 minutes without it erroring out.
Have to force close WoW, “Back” button doesn’t work. Escape doesn’t work.

1 Like

Mines been like this for 16 hours now… You might be waiting a while…

My blizzard support ticket was useless, I’ve no idea what this generic response is; blizzard support has gone down hill. This was my response:

“ Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to follow the provided steps. I’m sorry they didn’t resolve the issue you’re experiencing. It’s frustrating when troubleshooting steps don’t fix a problem.

Since you’ve exhausted the steps available through customer support, the next best course is to seek assistance from the broader community through forums, consult with a local tech expert, or contact your Internet Service Provider if you suspect a connection issue. Sometimes, the issue might require more specialized knowledge or diagnostics tools that aren’t readily available through our standard support channels.”

I think the ticket support employees need to check the forums themselves.

I think it maybe AI generated. If you go further with your ticket you get a GM response.

Although I do agree. Ask the community for a server side issue isn’t a response that make Blizz look good.

Got answer on my ticket.
"Hi there,

Thanks for your ticket regarding an issue connecting to World of Warcraft.

If you haven’t already done so, as a first step please make sure you complete the troubleshooting steps from this page, which should resolve most common causes:

If you’re still having issues and specifically are getting stuck on the retrieving character list step, this has been reported by other players as well and is currently under investigation.

More info and updates on that issue here:

Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work to address this, and hopefully any underlying issues can be resovled quickly now!"

Hopefully they are looking into it.

Ive just deleted WoW And re-installed just for the fun of it and nothing helps. We are kinda screwed until a large enough player base gets affected so this gets pushed to the top of the prio list i guess.

At least its what it feels like. Fingers crossed it gets figured out.

How did you manage to submit a ticket anyway ?

I have the same issue, yesterday i used hearthstone, nothing happened, tried to relog, cannot login coz error that character exist, and today i have infinity retriving character list, hope they find a solution quickly

Just press the “Not resolved” button until you get to the ticket writing page. Obviously go through the steps they recommend, but still.

It is 100% blizzard servers problem. My friend loged into my account on his computer and had the same error. On his account he has no problems and can play…

This issue has nothing to do with US… Its all on blizzards end…
Giving us a “Try this” answer doesn’t do anything.
Our characters are currently Non-existent on there servers.
So we have to sit and wait because they messed up on some Hotfix!
Why they cant just delete the hotfix and fix it later… Who knows…
But glad to know ill be missing out on the raid tonight.
Only been 20 hours Blizz… How hard can it be to Troubleshoot…

I mean 1st line CS is only gonna be able to say so much until whatever the hell went wrong on the backend gets fixed. So can’t blame em too much for that. At least it was a person that responded be happy about that.

In the meantime… Welcome to the thread ive been using it for emotional support the entire day.

Yeah I have tried 3 different computers and 2 different networks nothing works.
Tried 2 other accounts and they worked perfect…

2 Likes

War within waiting room boys

Yeah, this was my second ticket. Also, along the way I’ve added more and more to the ticket. I don’t understand why the generic auto response even takes so long to reply to either it takes hours to get a seemingly AI generated reply.

Also, I can’t even reply to the ticket because they marked it as resolved after that last helpful message lmao.

Oh, and another edit; they were somewhat helpful to show me where to go if I am having issues with Call of Duty:

“Contact Activision Support if you’re experiencing issues with playing/launching any Call of Duty game. https://support.activision.com/contact_us”

What meme lords.

It is clear that the issue is server side.
Account can’t be logged in from any IP, computer, etc.

Blizzard’s own systems (like unstuck) don’t see any characters on the affected accounts.

Until the guys from support can get to someone who can analyze the issue we won’t get any answer. I don’t think they have guys like that in Europe at all, and it’s already weekend in US, so I guess we are not getting any answer till next week :slight_smile:

Actually my bad, the time difference is the other way around, we still have a chance :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately no updates on this as of now, but flares have been sent up and hopefully progress can be made on the issue soon!

I realize it’s not a great start to the weekend for those impacted and we appreciate your patience as we continue to investigate.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, Tyrskorn. Hopefully you’ll have better news for us on the next.