Stuck on "retrieving character list"

Cheers Tyrskorn, i really appreciate you giving us a update. The situation does suck but i in turn will do my best to remain rational in the face of potentially missing our first set of splits.

I haven’t been able to choose a character since yesterday after i doing wq get dc, can you solve this? I tried on 3 different computers and networks. Retrieving character list stuck all time

Same here. To add: as others pointed out the issue is most likely on the server’s side, rather than client’s side. I have both EU and US accounts and have no issue with logging into US account with the same client etc.

Have the same issue but the funny thing are answers from a customer support which are definitely generated by a bot. This is the most frustrating thing when the bot says “It’s frustrating”. It’s okay when bugs occur, but the customer support is one funny thing.

Customer support tickets are the worst here, they’ve gone down hill for years. I hit a bot twice that told me to do troubleshooting then said I’ve exhausted all the troubleshooting steps so speak to my ISP or go to the forums and then closed the ticket lol.

Hourly check gang how are we doing… Are we hanging in there ?

been here 22 hours now… No not doing alright

Did you officially miss your first raid ?

I started playing WoW again yesterday after not playing DF at all and SL for less than a month. Good vibes so far. But hey, played more than two hours so I cannot return the expansion.

Just gone on CS instead.

Same problem happens to me yesterday, game froze in the end of a dwelve, then “character with this name already exists” appears. Today i’m stuck in characters selection screen loading in loop…

almost 24 h now… are you guys still having the issue ?

Yes, dont understand how hard it can be to fix it…

1 Like

Hey guys, you are not alone.
Same thing here. Yesterday I got stucked in the delve, game crashed and “character is already logon” message appeared. Since today I am stucked on retrieving character list.
Tried everything. Removed caches, wtf, reinstalled game, flushed dns, nothing is working. Tried to logon from different computer/network with no luck.
And yes, classic wow is working for me.
Cannot see my retail characters in unstuck service.
Also tried to raise a ticket. Got two answers from bots :smiley: and then ticket resolution with alibistic “ask the community.” Tried to raise another one, no response so far.
Are we actually paying for this behavior? :smiley: Cannot believe it, last time I played wow was like 10 years ago and everytime I`ve got a problem, GM responded to me, no bot. Not now.
Missing my first oficial raid at this very moment.
At least I am not the only one…

1 Like

Sucks to hear man honestly.
Hang in there Dragonflight and sofar War within have treated me really well. Unfortunately something went wrong with Delves since last hotfixes and it appears we are a minority affected by this extremely strange issue.

I have the same problem since yesterday evening on a german server. I was stuck in a delve between two walls. My teammate could join the delve with no problem and I was just stuck there. I wrote a ticket but I got no helpful answer. I don’t think that they will fix it before monday idk. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Glad I found I’m not alone.
Same s***: yesterday in Hallowfall suddenly I couldn’t interact with anything, no spell work, could only move but that’s it. → I left and connected with another char, tried once more before leaving → “A character with the same name is already logged”.
Tried to login this evening and have the issue since 3H now.

Tried most of the usual proposition (repair, dnsflush, reboot, remove WTF,Interface/Cache)…
Obviously save your time on that, it’s 100% server side issue.
Shame, give us free days of playing :confused:

1 Like

Glad that it was notified at least.
Please, can you try to work on your customer support? Generic responses by bots are not really helpful and even more frustrating when we deal with a gamebreaking issue, which is totally on you side, not ours…

Same problem, can’t play…

Same sh#t. 24 hours…