Stuns should not be classified different and needs a fundamental change

Being a healer in BGs has been a hassle for a long time and something your team has overlooked for years. We’re the ones getting focused but also supposed to keep the entire team from dying.

The problem here is that you have three or four different classifications of CC. And this completely invalidates diminished returns. A player should not be able to sap you for 8 seconds, blind you for another 6-8 seconds and then stun you got 6-8 seconds. This is bad game design and it has been a constant bad in this game for years.

Having so many CC classifications is beyond ridiculous and just turns off new players from your game. Being a healer is basically like this: Sap, Fear, Stun, Blind, Interrupted, Stun, Fear, Frozen, etc

It’s not fun to play healer when this is the constant gameplay we face.
You need to VASTLY REDUCE the amount of CC in this game that can affect you, put it into a maximum of one or two different stun classifications and reduce the duration of them.

Not only will this improve gameplay for healers but it’ll also raise the skill gap of players. Something needs to change here and fast. Because constantly losing control of your character is why a lot of people choose to go dps instead of healer to begin with.

It’s an MMO, you want to control your character, not get that taken away from you for a vast majority of the PVP games.

2 Likes

I can understand where you are coming from but to be honest I think CC is ok how it is. Unfortunately as a healer your naturally going to be focused as you are effectively keeping the team alive but this is where the DPS should be protecting you by counter CC’ing anyone who is bursting you and trying to mitigate that pressure.

In a 1v1 context I do feel that Rogues have too much CC, being stun locked and then the rogue re stealthing is just too much in my opinion. I can imagine some rogue will now comment on this defending his class but everyone since classic has hated rogues in PvP for that reason.

1 Like

Inclined to agree with Malektor.

Stunlocks & cc chains happen to the best of us (flag+cart carriers, healers, anyone who needs to be focused) & it is a pain, but it’s also a legit tactic.

I agree Rogues have a ridiculous amount of cc (as FC it’s not uncommon to be sap’d 14s + stunned 8s + Blind 8s + another 14s sap).
But I don’t want to see cc’s nerfed (infact as WW, I want my own cc’s returned). I’d rather see Trinket give a few secs immunity so people can atleast pop a defensive.

Or if you go back a few years - gear and / or gems that reduced Stun Duration…

If my memory isn’t fooling me, some of the Meta gems had a non-stacking 10% Stun duration reduction and TBC has a dungeon Neck drop that gives a non stacking Silence duration reduction, https://www.wowhead.com/item=29347/talisman-of-the-breaker&bonus=4194

Finally Vanilla had https://www.wowhead.com/item=16009/voice-amplification-modulator.

If only there was PvP gear with things like this that worked in PvP only sigh

Yeah, as someone who came back after a 10 year break ( WOTLK ), it’s laughable how much CC is in the game. Just about every class nowadays has the ability to put you in 10 seconds of CC, can kick, and has a root/slow.

Cause you know, it’s so much fun to stay in CC.

CC right now is really in a decent place compared to how it was in previous expansions, and it is actually needed due to the weird pace of damage : either too low or too high

1 Like

Remove it to the levels where you would be happy and pvp will just be a pve race. Using cc and on the other hand also knowing how to avoid or counter them is something pvp is about.

You also seem to be coming from a random bg’s perspective which… yeah. Random bg’s should never be the focal point of pvp balance.

1 Like

problem whit stunns and other things, become only a problem if one team happen to have lets say 2 or 3 rogues, becuse then they can pretty much stun lock you to death and none can do anything about it, becuse they can cordinate their cc, this is also true for some other classes.

1 Like

No. Go play farmville

It is impossible for that to happen as you need 20s foe the diminishing returns to end. Simply put if you get sapped three times, or 14s then you are immune to sap/poly/trap etc for 20s. And in my world 8+8 is 16. In addition lets keep in mind that you’re supposed to have a trinket. Lots of people trinket first CC that is a 2s stun and then complain about being cc’ed for 30s straight, while this is only possible because they have no trinket, aren’t damaged at all, and leave combat. Three big conditions.

But yeah Rogue leans towards the CC class. People has always hated being CC’ed as the other guy said, and thus hated Rogues. But without CC coordinated team PvP would become PvP with 2 teams of human-controlled bosses hammering at each other.

You are a rogue , they are cowards on rated bgs.

I was killing a rogue on 10% hp this week on battle for gilneas , he got stealth each time.

You again with a very bright comment I see. Don’t tag me if you’re going to talk rubbish, much appreciated.

Whenever I get rogue on the base on rated bg , they get stealth when they are 10% health , they are cowards.

I have to disagree. CC is okay Right now. We can Talk about giving spamable cc like poly, clone, mindcontrol a cooldown and reduce slows for a lil bit. But thats about it.

CC in general is fine, class design isnt.

I didn’t come here to insult anyone but if you truly believe stealthing away at low health is being a coward then you’re an imbecile.

Stealth is a CORE mechanics to Rogues it is OBVIOUS they are going to use it. Also, ANY PLAYER ON THAT GAME will try to avoid being killed if he can. If you have the possibility to avoid death, and you choose to die because you want to deal 5k more damage you’re plain stupid and have zero understanding at any kind of battle tactics. I’m sorry, yes it’s rude, but it’s the truth.

I don’t know, nor do i care, about the class you play but lets assume Druid, it’s just like a Warrior comes to you, you are low, you czn bash root go away and heal, or you can spam spells and die, would you choose dying and losing the base, or would you try to kite to stay alive, defend, call reinforcements, or simply win a fight that you were losing ? That’s just it, a Rogue who restealths SURVIVES, and because he’s alive the base is either still defended with saps and a reopen until allies come, or if he was attacking the base is still threatened. And even if he leaves the base and goes somewhere else he will be in a fight MUCH FASTER than if he had died and waited at the spirit and so he will help the team more.

People who choose death over survival are idiots, and you act like one.
Also you derailed the topic, create a new one if you want to speak about something other than the current thread.

1 Like

Kid you say he can survive and go other place for help. Only thing he made was on rated bg was coming to lh. And he got stealth at 10% health twice. He didnt do something else on the bg. He sapped me several times and never got lh from me.

You are not rbg player you only understand constant damage : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/shadenox/achievements/player-vs-player/rated-battleground

A better Rogue would. A decent rogue should often cao if on 1v1 it’s actually dumb easy.

You are not thinking with a brain if you believe he should have let you kill him. Answer this, just answer this ignore tye rest of the message : would you LET YOURSELF BE KILLED when you have ways to stay alive ?

Dumbest comment yet, you think only RBG isn’t constant damage ? Too bad you never stepped into an arena.

Again you are arena player , if you die on rbg , you revive in graveyard. If you die on arena you wait for team mates if they die too you lose rating.

Yup , we were losing 1000-128 on battle for gilneas with 0 damage and suddenly we ninja capped all 3 bases and we won game in 20 seconds. If you are not damage on arena , enemy will wipe you out but you can win on rbg with voice chat and with team play on rbg.

I thought it was 15s before the sap resets, apologies if I’m wrong.

‘you have a trinket, use it wisely’ is great in 1v1, but when hit with cc chains like OP mentioned, Trinket isn’t worth much (& most of us don’t have a fight reset / immunity).
Besides which, I’m still salty my own cc’s were nerfed whilst it remains legit for others to spam theirs.

Can’t do that when you’re dead, hence the importance lf not dying.

You’re trying to defens the fact that in RBG you’d better LET YOURSELF BE KILLED WHEN YOU CAN AVOID IT ? You’re a joke if you think so.