Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

Good riddance.

1 Like

I have no problem going about my day without flying, I think the maps are pretty well designed - it could be a complete chore - it’s not for me.

I wouldn’t say no to flying, but daily rep grinding is a complete chore and something I have always failed with when it comes to completion, no exceptions here.

The WoD system for me was a fine compromise, you have to grind the quests in each zone but you can skip all the dailies and get immediate results if you delve deep in to your pockets and buy medallions of the legion.

If the main concern is the bottom line (i.e Blizz taking your money) then it’s also a fine compromise, instead of padding out gametime with pure garbage you can add items like the medallion that entice token purchases.

I have no hopes here whatsoever, I see this as an aspect of game-play that is near monetized in itself, something that many games now participate in - making you pay again for convinience.

Like it or lump it, wow is a pure time-wasting venture so I’m not entirely bothered, I enjoy moving around the map, admiring and immersing myself in the world, escaping from this one >:}

1 Like

Let’s not be kids no more it is 2019 and most of us been playing wow for more than 10 years. Getting the mount means grinding the current expansion and it takes some time. Now, I have chosen to be a filthy casual ever since cataclysm came out and it’s been working just fine. Until the flying mount grinds started in Warlords of Draenor. It’s fine I guess, didn’t play that exp at all, barely had 3-5 days played. Legion comes out and I play, casual my way a few month after launch, play around 20 days in game and I am sad to say I still haven’t done the pathfinder ach. Even to this day I log and I do not have the mount, I have lost track how much I have to grind, probably 1-2 in game days left. So I understand it is the same in BFA? Look, I understand, flying mounts is bad for a new expansion. Just time-gate it and add a short grind for it. It is not attractive at all to have to play the game in full to get something that is a serious time saver in-game. It puts casuals at a serious time disadvantage compared to the other players which means I have to invest time to save time and that doesn’t work well for casuals. And why I decided to be a casual?

I noticed up until end of WotlK that items devaluate fast, my previous efforts started being in vane and the time I invested in this game was for nothing important. So I played when I felt like it and I don’t like the idea of investing a lot of my time towards grinding the flying mount. I have no idea how hard or easy it is to get the flying mount in BFA, but I can say this I have 20 in-game days played in Legion and have no flying yet in Myst I played around the same time and got the legendary cloak on 3 characters. I still did not buy BFA, classic FTW

2 Likes

Actual problem for me is that terrain and landscape looks like its been carpet bombed with mini-nukes for weeks, then at random places dropped housing and life forms and planted plants by dropping them from high orbit so vegs are very good at blocking view so I already tired to count how many times I died from falling just because another silly bloody bush blocks my sight and there’s a bloody ravine with mob-infested botton just behind the bush.
We cannot get ourselves from A to B with straight line, its always a god damn spiral-sine-function trajectory and yall better watch your step!
This is what annoying.
Doing quest line is ok though, not very quaility one, not much emotional epic stuff, and personally I dont like making Sylvanas a bad person.

2 Likes

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee and hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

This is the first Topic I’ve laughed my behind off.

honestly if it wasn’t for the pathfinder quest I’d probably not play. It’s the only thing I feel needs to be done each expansion, everything else is gravy.

I wouldn’t mind Pathfinder if it wasn’t gated and allowed us to at least farm rep by killing mobs like the game used to do. However the current setup is incredibly boring and non-eventful and doesn’t excite me in any way, shape, or form.

When Ion said there’ll be no changes to the current system he receieved the largest amount of boos during the Q&A session, so I think they should listen to fans, go back to the table and come up with a better method that people will at least enjoy somewhat.

3 Likes

Just my two cents but if you need to force your players to experience every single aspect of the game before you give them more freedom then that indicates that you have no faith whatsoever in the quality of your content.
Just start designing zones around flying again like you did in TBC, Wrath and Cata instead of locking flying behind an arbitrary grind.
Flying is fine, as is player choice.

9 Likes

I agree, especially with the first part about forcing players to experience every aspect of the game to unlock flying, at which point your desire to go exploring on your flying mount drops massively because you’ve already been forced to go everywhere and see everything. It actually takes away the excitement of unlocking flying, or it did for me.

After I unlocked it in BFA, there wasn’t this desire to go flying around the zones and see what’s what, it just ended up as a convienent way to get around a little faster.

2 Likes

The world was designed with ground exploration in mind, hence why you are staying groundbound.

It was in expansions after MoP yeah but that was due to the fact that they suddenly decided that flying was bad.
Before then we had great zones that were built with flying in mind, Stormpeaks, Netherstorm, Icecrown, Blades Edge, the majority of the zones in Cata, it all worked because flying had a purpose.
Just give people flying and start building endgame zones around it again instead of locking it behind an arbitrary, timegated grind and stop taking away player choice because some players can’t handle the fact that other players don’t want to play the same way.

4 Likes

Good, he deserves it until flying isnt timegated anymore.

4 Likes

you will not be missed. Flying for gold is dumb

1 Like

they have MASSIVE sub drop in WoD because of pathfinder, and stil forced it on us, so I doubt that some booing have any effect on them.

1 Like

To me at least Pathfinder is one of the worst additions to WoW in recent years, up there with titanforging, slotmachine gear and level scaling.
Pathfinder has always felt like a massive, spiteful middle finger to the playerbase.
Oh, what’s that? Little Billy wants to explore the world again on a flying mount that he poured time and effort into obtaining? Screw Billy, we’re locking it behind a massive arbitrary grind that we decide when you get to finish.
Because how dare you ask to have the freedom to explore the world at your own pace the way you want back after we decided you couldn’t have it.

5 Likes

And again, I just dont get it.
Now Im doing World Quest to get that bloody flying, Wardens rep left, got a quest to kill Defilia the harpy, she’s located in a pool way down from nearest flying point “Skyhorn” and guess what?
How exactly devs and designers decided players have to get to that monster? There is NO boody path down there! I fell to death TWO times trying to get a kill! And when I ghost ran - I fell again and bloody STUCK in between trees so I couldnt get to my own corpse to resurrect!!!
Yall devs and hipsters wanna play with my player’s instincts? Yall better play with your bloody pay check when I unsub as well, because you made me bloody HATE this stupid game!
And more, I will NOT buy your stupid Shadowlands if you dont give flying on FIRST BLOODY DAY WITHOUT PREREQUISITES because if I ever, ever see anything else except bloody PLAIN just like in Northern Barrens, I’m gonna smash my bloody monitor and keyboard too!
Yall wanted to make more money from subs by making me playing longer and achieving goals longer and harder, now you get it - you lose 1 more subs! Stupid millenials, you ruin everything you touch!

3 Likes

Easy fix would be a huge gold price for those that want to pay once max level, per character then those that grind it out get it without any gold cost, unlock flying account bound, unique mount and title.

Flying should never have been an end game feature but a perk you gain, once you complete the MSQ of that expansion, initially released.

It’s like asking the Devs to play their own product, only to findout that they don’t play their own products but generate feedback from biased veterans.

A time gating grind is the most boring idea a gaming company can even thing off. Yet, blizzard stubbornly keeps those features…

If it’s PvP that the community is worried about, then they shouldn’t have added warmode, in the first place or force players to switch on warmode to get those extra perks.

Instead, warmode should be an option for those that want PvP and it should have a realm sync of players. So, even if one server fails to uphold the balance between factions, a server sync or realm sync of players can gain the advantage of unpop servers by joining pop servers and do PvP with massive raids. ( I think they have implemented this but it’s still underdeveloped )

So, blizzard! By not listening to the community pleas and also, not trying to finding a solution to lessen the grind to unlock flying, players are finding this type of grind tedious, pointless and even annoying most of the time. As the expansion layout are not flat but a monster Zug-Zug design, which discourages players to not opt for flying.

Most annoying is that Nazjatar companion quests dont generate reputation so if you don’t have time to make all quests there is annoying choice what to do :sweat_smile:

(Maybe you get 250-500 for leveling up :thinking:)

I will probably not unlock flying in a month as returning and kinda busy player :rofl:

Lets face it they are only trying to soft delete flying rather than the cold turkey method they tried previously.

Am willing to bet as time goes on less and less people get it so they can say “well only x amount of players have it these days” and then just get rid of it entirely.

Is clever when you think about it tbh.

1 Like