Sub-race names & templates tied to the new customization options

Oh, I actually wanted to make a mock-up for the Tauren, but it turns out that so far they have not yet established any proper visual differences between the tribes, so that feels a bit too much of a stretch for me at this stage, as I can’t guess how they would look.

Humans however are something I could work with during the weekend…

2 Likes

This could let people play a Human-form-Worgen if they wanted to. Just be a normal Gilneas human, not every Gilnean became a Worgen.

1 Like

This is great!

I love your idea, your whole tread, all the thought and work you two put in to this. I am all in favor of this great idea. I hope Blizzard will listen and implement it. It would make the creation screen much cleaner, give us much more customization and more immersion in the game and worlds lore.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Taunka

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f2625d9be70a5318cb4d81329761a95b/tumblr_njcy5rvP291snfrl3o1_500.jpg

Taunka.
They are part of the Horde and they are very different.

4 Likes

While I’d love to have access to Taunka customization, I can’t help feeling that having them display on a mock-up at this stage might go slightly beyond what the OP is trying to achieve here.

I mean, the Taunka would perfectly fit as a sub race template if/when Taunka assets were added to the game. But since they won’t be added at this time, and they are not even planned, it might feel Somewhat misleading to include them in an edit for Shadowlands?

Just my 2c.

3 Likes

San’layn, Dark Rangers…

One can only hope.

1 Like

Oh I’d love those in the future!

But what about now? Are there truly any Blood Elf sub-cultures becoming available with the customization which was confirmed or just minor additions?

I’d love tattoos for example, but I am unsure if the Farstriders would define as a sub-faction… they’re not a clan or tribe, just a… guild?

Then again, Wildhammer dwarves are just dwarves with different tattoos.
So that may work after all?

1 Like

I really love this idea :3 If I can get my high elf this way then I am in!

Don’t let this great thread go down!

3 Likes

Agreed. Sigfrieda and Moira have worked so hard on this, I hope the Devs take notice - would be great if they implemented the idea :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks. You guys are really awesome. :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

The Farstrider and Highborne thread actually ended up suggesting something like this as well, just calling it ‘tab’ rather than template.

I’d love to see a template for both these, then, if Moria has the time to spare.
Farstrider template for Blood Elves and Highborne template for Night Elves.

As a matter of facts they also suggested High Elves as a template for the Void Elves, but that was already made. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But is Farstrider not a organization not a race? And sure but a subrace will work better because then you can just make the sub races their own race.

I think the point Sindorea was trying to make is that Wildhammer and Bronzebeard dwarves are also the same race after all, with just different features which come from different clan/affiliation rather than genetics.

So if the ‘subrace’ templates work for dwarves, they could maybe better be called ‘subtype’ and be applied for both genetic or cultural differences depending on whatever makes sense for the specific race:

Ah okay I will be fine with it if we get our high elves xD

Gilgoblins and Ankoan, both were allies in Nazjatar anyway, Ankoan use the Night Elf skeleton but they’re hardly elves.
I need to be able to play Ankoan I swear lol.

But what subrace will you set Ankoan under? I rather have arakkoa the non corrupted version.

It would be its own race, so Horde and Alliance have the same number of “main” races because Vulpera are too unique to stick with Goblins.

Fair but they can also make the Jinyu (But like I said I will be fine with everything if we get High elves)

They could always put Jinyu customisation options with the Ankoan race, Ankoan are basically Jinyu with higher textures anyway.

1 Like

Touche good sir. But I like the name Jinyu more tbh xD