Subscription Fee is a joke now

it’s only very good value if you play it a lot which isn’t a terribly good thing to be doing, i much prefer ESO’s business model which gives you the freedom of choice, pay the sub and get all the DLC and a ton of goodies or just pay for the bits you want…:slight_smile:

7 Likes

So you’d rather I’d be free and the game be absolutely hindered with rewards and a online store like ESO, BDO and other MMO? I think that would be a nice idea tbh.

BUT, it would also be hard, in games like ESO and BDO they give you items for daily login that are really good, I can’t think of anything in WoW that would be worth logging in for material wise.

Professions are literally useless.

I’d like to hear some idea on this actually! This could be a good conversation.

It is €10, would you even bend down to pick it up off the street these days. FTP is a total disaster.

2 Likes

Its not £40

its £40 + £240 and your left with nothing if you stop paying.

9 Likes

You don’t get excellent value for your money. You’re getting a single premium AAA game experience with Blizzard for your $10 a month. That is all you’re getting. Objectively speaking.

Take Humble Bundle again. The subscription is $12 per month. In October you got 8 games. One of those games was Overwatch. Blizzard will charge you $20 for Overwatch. Humble Bundle charged $12 for it – and you got 7 more games on top of that, for a total value of $141.

Blizzard are without doubt one of the most expensive gaming companies on the market, from a consumer perspective.

21 Likes

Just the same as the Xbox example then

no it isnt…playing ESO on freeplay takes NOTHING away from the experience and the company is doing pretty well for it too…
and if you are happy to throw away £10 a month then throw it at me…it isn’t just £10 you know, it’s £10 on top of evrything else…:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I would rather that the new expansions are included in the subscription fee. I fail to understand why I have to pay $45 for a new expansion if I already pay a subscription. Surely the expansion should be included in the subscription, because without the expansion the value of the subscription isn’t worth much.

It’s a bit greedy that Blizzard charges people twice for access to one game.

19 Likes

no if i buy a game on Xbox its mine to play for ever.

The Subcription gives me access to play 100s of game including brand new releases.

Theres a huge difference there.

9 Likes

Not if you leave your Xbox sub drop, or sell your Xbox as they are all digital in your example

Oh 100% agree with you! I always thought we was paying for servers but then it dawned on me… no other MMO offers mandatory subs anymore and do fine :slight_smile:

17 Likes

You should thank God that world of Warcraft is still alive and they have still kept the subscription fee per month same as game launch . Or else the subscription fees would had gone up .
Other games in genre are introducing so called season pass and loot boxes .
I still prefer wow over these games .

11 Likes

Doubt that.

5 Likes

How can people compare a singleplayer game to an MMO lmao what

Netflix has increased subscription fees and is still doing it .I can speak ton on that issue but that will take it offtopic .

1 Like

Not true games you buy are linked to your account all my old 360 purchaces were active on my Xbox one X

2 Likes

16€ to watch on 4 devices at the same time on the highest quality.

But like the poster said other games manage without a sub fee…

3 Likes

Other games manage fine with cosmetic items and xp potions…

1 Like

Yes and if you read the 2nd comment I said that lol