Subtitles in wow classic era

WOW CLASSIC ERA

I am experiencing an issue where subtitles do not appear during the introductory cinematic in World of Warcraft Classic Era, Cataclysm, or when creating a new character. I have ensured that subtitles are enabled in the game settings, and I have also checked the settings for cinematics in Cataclysm.

Here are the steps I have already taken to try to resolve the issue:

Reinstalled the entire game.
Completely reinstalled WoW and deleted all add-ons.
Added a line to the config folder to manually enable subtitles, but this did not help.
Tested different languages, including English, German, and French, for both text and spoken dialogue.
Performed a scan and repair of the game files.
Experimented with different audio settings.
Tried various resolutions, windowed mode, and fullscreen.
Ran the game as an administrator.
Followed several troubleshooting steps recommended by ChatGPT and other resources.
Despite all these efforts, the problem persists. While it may seem like a minor issue, having subtitles available, even just in the introductory cinematic, would greatly enhance my gaming experience.

I recently bought a new MacBook M2 for work, so I decided to download the Blizzard app to my Mac and installed WoW to try it out. No add-ons, completely new PC, and it had no connection to my Windows gaming PC. SUBTITLES STILL DON’T WORK, so the issue might be related to my account?

I would appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Rype