Suggestion - Buy honor gear with badge of justice

Hey, just adding one more suggestion to fix BG queue issue. Most people there are doing BG farm because it is a de facto attunement to do arena.

If honor gear would be buyable with badge of justice there would be another option to do the gear farm.

I think this would lower the queues for the people that just want to do some bgs for fun and of course you could still buy gear with honor too.

The cost could be similar to what equal level PvE pieces cost.

This would probably be a faster way to get the gear, but not easier because anyone can run around in bgs anyway. At least heroics require some participation from the players.

What do you guys think? Sure this ain’t no changes, more in spirit of some changes.

8 Likes

I think thats a good idea

3 Likes

how about having all gear available by gold, as retail offers it for tbc gear.
I don’t see any problem with that … right? /s

Well I think that’s different. You can get gold with real currency. Badges take time and participation.

the problem with pvp gear for badges is how easy it is to get badges. you can farm about 50 badges per day. that converts in 1-2 items from the badge vendor.
pvp takes longer I believe, even if you could have instant queues right now. so the badge price would need to be adjusted, and then people would complain …

Back in the day that was what you got, about 1 big pvp item or 2 small items per day of BG farm. It’s true it takes longer now. Sure the prices would need to be figured out. At least there would be an optional route to arena.

The main pieces aren’t that strong for PvE. The offpieces are pretty good for PvE at least the epic healing belt for druid, but generally the resilience replaces a PvE stat on the item. I’m not sure how it is for other classes.

No. I’m done with heroics and I don’t need another reason to do them.

This is still possible.

I’m not saying that honor should be removed as a currency or a way to get the gear.

1 Like

only because you have your BiS gear doesn’t mean you should stop playing heroics. I mean at some point you get other stuff for badges :slightly_smiling_face:

Retail offers gear for gold? Please enlighten me :slight_smile:

tbc gear is available for gold.

So your sarcastic comment is now even more ridiculous. Ofcourse gear from an obsolete expansion can be acquired via gold, retail is years ahead man.

so? but it would solve a lot of issues.

In a few weeks you can buy Karazhan gear with gold. If it isn’t possible yet. Sure not directly from vendor, but gear for gold has been quite rampant during classic so far. Too bad it isn’t that easy to do for PvP gear.

Gold is way to easy to get, and if the items cost a lot of gold its basicly just begging people to buy gold instead and thats not something we want more people to do.

I think that way more Alliance than Horde would prefer to do PvE content for pvp gear and that would make the queue longer for Horde.

1 Like

Currently I think that many people just looking to do arena would take this route both alliance and horde. I play alliance myself and I would rather play heroics than run around in bgs. Still I doubt bg’s would be deserted completely because of it.

Wouldn’t be an end it all fix for queues, but could make it better or at least give player options how to proceed on the path of PvP.

Nice idea, it promotes people playing the game.

1 Like

very good idea :+1:

1 Like

No, this is not doable today. Honor per hour for horde is at around 500, at 500 honor per hour which is counting high you would need 25 hours of not doing anything but BGs for one of the cheapest items.

2 Likes