Suggestion for Aggrend! Training Dummies!

Good day!
I already know this will be a “go back to retail” sheet storm but:
I would love the idea of having Training dummies in all major cities.

There are many Rune / talent combinations that are viable and the best way to “discover” them is by making dps comparison in a neutral and always the same Environment (aka dps training dummy).

They don’t hurt anyone if they exist, so people who hate this idea can just ignore them. But i guess 50% of players would love to have this possibility!

8 Likes

I would personally LOVE to have them

Yes dps training dummies would be awsome. :exploding_head:

This should have been already a thing since day one.

there is already training dummies in right now in shimmering flats for the warrior intervene rune at 66 , 88 co-ords

1 Like

ha! what a nifty idea my friend!

but yeah, real dummies easy reachable, that would be sweet.

They are immune to most schools of damage. Only physical is possible.

1 Like

wrong, they are only immune to bleed, have you even gone there?

Was there 2 weeks ago. Immune to all shadow spells. Only the melee hits from demon was working

doubt they changed them in the past hour since i went there on my priest to test weak auras

Maybe only 1 of the is magic immune - i did not test all 3 of them.

But even if it works - result is wrong because they count as level 1 target with 0 armor.
And 0 def skill.

My pet had like 20% crit chance on them because of the low def skill.

Suggestion for Aggrend! Training Dummies! - #11 by Xicht-wild-growth so you want blizzard to add level 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 and boss dummies in capital cities with every armour value in the game?

good luck with that

No i want for every level! 63 dummies from 1-63. And then 5 different armor versions, zero, cloth, leather, mail, plate . And then 5 different magic resistance levels. Zero, 50, 100, 150, 200.

Overall we need 630 dummies of course.
How dense can a person be to not get that?

Yo warriors alredy in the game.

Just take a look at retail wow, there were 3 sorts of dummies in the beginning.

1 for same lvl (pvp dummy)
1 for dungeon boss (max char level +2)
And 1 for raid bosses (max char level +3)

This would be ok.
But not a crappy shimmering flats dummy that has lvl 1 and 3 different immunities

the point of target dummies in the first place is to test addons, weak auras and to practice your rotation and yes to see how much damage your doing too, but the damage isn’t going to be the same as in raid or dungeon even if the level and armour values are correct for the aspect your looking to calculate since your not going to be fully raid buffed or popping consumes or using world buffs to “test your damage” and in case you didn’t realise rage generation for warrior and tank druids isn’t the same as in raid or dungeons it’s far less even without any buffs than in raid so warriors and druid couldn’t have a baseline damage output from the dummies even if the levels and armour was correct

I was actually there to test the uptime of the demonic pact buff (warlock leg rune)
But how can i test it there if the pet deals 3 times more critical strikes on that lvl 1 target?
Ofc it is 100% uptime with these circumstances.

Suggestion for Aggrend! Training Dummies! - #17 by Xicht-wild-growth if you want a more accurate way to test damage and to see how much uptime your buff has then check logs from other warlocks in raid or use sims there’s plenty out there for sod

Yes this sounds like a lot of fun compared to testing it for one self …
Why are you even arguing here?
He wanted to test something and it did not work in shimmering flats. That is a fact and that’s why real dummies would be a good addition to the game.

Suggestion for Aggrend! Training Dummies! - #19 by Tee-malganis takes less than 10 mins to check 1 dudes logs, and i agree it would be a good addition if dummies weren’t already in the game which they are