Suggestion: Rated WM WPvP

Yes please, I want all this. Blizz are gonna do what they want to do ofc. I suspect the stats would be more likely to get built up via an addon. But great if built into the game.

Bgs have been around for so long though, and we need an addon to see in game bg stats history, with Reflex. If the wm stats are available to the player via api, I believe an addon could communicate with other addon users to build up a leaderboard for the region. That could be a realistic solution, but relies on the info being in api. Kills, etc are anyway.

But ye, in game solution, want it. Pvp vendors, all that!

Edit: I’ve asked about an addon for personal wm stats, and possible sync to create eu leaderboard in ui forum, like is it doable. Might try to make one if yes. I don’t think one already exists, closest is spy I think.

1 Like

That would be cool! very cool!

After doing my in-game UI I realized that LUA is not my cup of tea. But if there is a help needed with something else - maybe I could help.

Especially with testing :smirk:

Ye, thx! Well, hopefully someone else will make it. I have been thinking it would be fun to make an addon, never done one before. Might start with something simple. Or seems simple till actually try it hehe.

For example, a first addon that shows wins/losses on the opponents nameplate, maybe as an up down arrow or something. And show a kos icon too. I know the tooltip can show these via Spy. Maybe a spy plugin could do that. Could be an interesting first addon. Or maybe I can suggest to spy author.

I like the idea of rated wm. I get the pros and cons though. Blizz really unlikely to intro that, or any form of just stats leaderboard in game either. But, one of the things I love about wow is the customization. Addons are great, and maybe some form of what I wanted can be done that way. Spy addon already does some of it. And ofc, totally opt in to use a rating/leaderboard addon. Prob have to do it myself if not already done.

Can be a problem here. For example stats that show world kills on this character stopped updating in Legion pre-patch, number didn’t change at all since then, not with kills in Legion/BfA zones, not with other expansions zone, not with kills from vanilla zones.

If it’s not just a UI bug - have no idea if this data is still being collected.

Spy addon seems to keep its own track of kills, I am assuming. Would be good if a spy plugin could use that data, or a new addon could record that data itself.

For a leaderboard, at this stage I am wondering if things like looting a bounty or crate could be recorded by an addon. Maybe even record if you were in a group. Depends on api. Addons can sync with other users addons, that could potentially be a leaderboard system. With the understanding its a simple tally of activity, of yours, and other players that use the addon, in your sphere of players you came into contact with.

Trouble is I’m guessing :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.