Suggestions for a class for noob to start healing

If you plan to heal in M+, I would go for something else. Resto shamans are fine in raids and general content, but in M+ they aren’t in a fantastic spot. The community perception is worse than the actual situation, and lower keys work no matter what, but it’s easier with and for other healing classes right now.

2 Likes

Druid is communities favorite in M+, and paladin is not too much behind.

1 Like

prob shoulda mentioned, this is only for dungeon powerleveling healing, I have no desire to do M+ or BfA raiding as a healer, only raids I’ll go into as healr are Legion transmog runs or lower

since you got a priest already go holy, i enjoy holy alot but if you want to do higg lvl content you are probabl better off leveling a resto druid.

Disc in the end is a healing specc based on shielding+ healing trough doing dmg

I’ve heard ppl calling disc priests a “proactive” healr as in knowledge of fights is required be4 going into them a.k.a not quite my tempo and aftr lvling one to 60 it certainly seems that way

Yes, on disc priest you need to prepare for incoming damage by getting shields/atonement up in advance, so good knowledge of fights is needed. Resto druid is kinda similar in that you can pre-hot so that everyone’s covered before the big damage hits as you don’t have a ton to deal with emergencies without going OoM very quick. However, if you’re just running dungeons and can stop to drink whenever then mana isn’t an issue. I play resto druid and have never had a problem jumping into fights I don’t know so it’s definitely more user friendly than disc. I also find druids really fun for levelling and playing in general as you can insta-travel form and pick herbs in travel form which speeds things up.

1 Like

Druid is quite simple for start learning heling, good mobility for dungeons but try all healers and take what suits you best. Just do dungeons and train and sometimes you going to end up “bad” groups where they just literally stand every possible bad position or make insane pulls and usually next text you see is wtf healer? But dont let it take you away from healing, just que again and keep going most groups are good anyway atleast from my experience. And even ending to “bad” group take it for training. You going to heal lot in those groups

Holy priest is the most noob friendly one i’d say, its the closest thing you’ll get to a 2 button healing spec, but at the same time pretty fun to play aswell

TBH just avoid disc & shammy and you should be able to learn :slight_smile:

Made my day :rofl:

2 Likes

pretty much this, i mostly play my holy priest lately. And people love to run out of range of healers while a heal is being casted and then complain about why there is no healing being done. use leap of faith on people and 50% will run straight into their doom again

The best recommendation considering he has the priest!

Just switch spec!

From easiest to hardest:

1. MW Monk and Holy Priest. As MW you only need to keep an eye on your mana. Don’t spam your main two healing spells like crazy.

2. Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman and Resto Druid . As Holy paladin you have very annoying mastery and tracking a Beacon of Light might cause some frustration for beginners, everything else is super easy + superior survivability. Resto Druid is simple aoe healer but single target heals are weak, probably the weakest of all healers. It takes a while if you need to heal a tank from 10% to 100% health. As MW monk you can do it 7 - 8 seconds or even faster, depends on your lvl.

3. Discipline Priest. I mean you can’t just PW:S your group mates and then spam damaging spells. You really need to be aware of situation.

Druid is quite simple for start learning heling, good mobility for dungeons but try all healers and take what suits you best. Just do dungeons and train and sometimes you going to end up “bad” groups where they just literally stand every possible bad position or make insane pulls and usually next text you see is wtf healer? But dont let it take you away from healing, just que again and keep going most groups are good anyway atleast from my experience. And even ending to “bad” group take it for training. You going to heal lot in those groups
[/quote]

I seem to b doomed to heal in dungeons with tanks who think that they’re the Hulk and aggro every mob group in sight and take a wild guess what happens to them,

personally, Healing has never been on my enjoyment list. I’d rather tank or dps.

But, if i were to choose, I’d say shaman is easy enough. And you rarely run out of mana too. just not sure how viable shaman healers are in mythic+ and raids nowadays.

All WoW classes are extremely noob friendly. My friend has a 9 year old son who plays a human paladin (of course). He’s a god in bg’s when playing healer. Started WoW in BfA.

So no matter what you choose, within 3 days you’ll be good.

For me monks are rocket science, and I have a 440 monk - I can windwalk, i can tank, but soon as I go mistweaver I am like… “moooooooom whaaaaddaaaaa I doooo”

I have yet to see as confusing healer in this game as monk. Fistweaving I found easy and fun, but the normal healing - I just do not know how to.

Nope, no… I cannot understand mistweaver monk. BLANK!

2 Likes

Holy priest.

You can stick with serenity and flash heals for single target healing, and prayer healing/mending for aoe.

Then once you get comfortable you can incorporate smites, chastice etc in your rotation for when no healing is needed.

Cant go wrong with it… you can also heal after you die, so messing up in dungeons would cost you less :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have it with the druid, what people call the easiest. I know I post on it, and that is because I really really really tried it again to play it as main in M+, and I also did for a while.
But I don’t connect with it. I just don’t understand it. 1 aoe damage and I have to prepare 7.5 seconds beforehand because of gcd in between rejuvinations. People get here or there unavoidable damage? It takes forever to set something up to heal them… I don’t connect with this for me totally s h it class :frowning:

Try a resto druid or holy priest. Those are the most faceroll healers.

so from what I gathered here the easiest healers r:

Holy priest

Resto shaman

Resto druid

am I right?