Suggestions for a class for noob to start healing

That’s so me :rofl:

1 Like

I dunno why they don’t utilise Class Halls from level 1. To teach and train you for your spec in scripted scenarios like proving grounds, but like i said, from level 1. They should also utilize cities more. Like racial dailies from your city and class dailies from class hall, even like complete a dungeon or raid as healer, tank or dps and get rewards or tokens. And guess what, dailies for spec :smiley: Instead of killing mobs, you heal your allies engaged with the enemy, etc.

As a world-class healer noob, I can vouch for Holy Priest and Resto Druid.

1 Like

I have tried every healer on low lvl content, but if it comes to endgame, I tried only monk so far.

Mistweaver is not overly complicated. You ahve tricks up your sleeve to save the day, you have lazy mist channel for most trivial encounters its all you need but the most important is you have good mobility to keep up with psycho pulling tank types.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

WoW amazing, its weird to see that the people like you giving the advices to the players about what healing classes they should choose to play when they don’t have any idea how they work basically. Its the same with the people which talk about how the classes are oversimplified and have to simple rotations when they don’t know the number of the abilities in the BFA the players actually use on them. As a holy priest I have more healing ( a lot more than some other classes ) and the other abilities which I regularly use than what you think and I need to have a good sense for each when I need to use them and in what situations.

For a holy priest I would say how it might be easy class to pick up for beginners but which is very challenging to play at the higher levels and punishing unlike some others ( like the druids which are more beginners friendly ) due the lack of the mobility, squishiness and the lack of the damage reductions and oh crap abilities like paladins/druids have for example in the form of the bubbles, lay on hands, bear form, barskin, ironbark and rebirth which help them to cheese some situations.

So I have binded :

• flash heal
  • heal
  • holy word serenity
  • holy word sanctify
  • halo
  • circle of healing or binding heal sometimes depending on the situation
  • prayer of mending
  • prayer of healing
  • renew
  • dyvine hymn
  • holy word salvation or apotheosis depending on the situation

And those are all just for healing.

Than for the damage :

• smite
  • holy fire
  • sometimes divine star
  • holy nova

And than the utilities/survival abilities :

• guardian spirit
  • shining force or censure depending on the situation
  • symbol of hope
  • desperate prayer.
  • fade
  • mind control
  • purify
  • mass dispell
  • angelic feather

Yep a troll

Roflao, this is my main char and the main spec I play all the time since Legion is holy so I have a good knowledge how it works. Before it I played as a resto druid , so I know how they work to.

I played in this game as a healer since TBC dude and raided in that role !

Edit : You are free to play the holy priest with your 2 button rotations if you think that you know everything about the class. It will be nice to see how far will you get like that with it in the game !

Flash heal & Heal based off your targets health % & holy word serenity

The rest is just utillities that you get use for in very niche situations

Lol. What a joker are you, your knowledge about the class is laughable, but keep thinking how you know everything about it :rofl:

Never claimed i did but here are some quick examples

Most affixes prevents you from using mind control, not even usable in raids except for like 1% of the bosses ( like Jaina )

Only works on magic, so again situational

Never use this as the worgen racial does the job

Just some quick examples

Mass dispell is actually often used in the raids/ m+ dungeons because there is always something to dispell, especially when the purify is on cd, and when you have more people to dispell.

Angelic feather is the only ability which adds to the mobility of the holy priests, which is one of the weakest classes when it comes to the mobility in the game.

Mind control is situational utility spell just like shackle. But before we talked about the healing spells, and you mentioned only 3 which is a joke itself.

We are talking about whats easiest to play for beginners on this thread btw

Let me just put it like this then :

Whos gonna be easier?

The class where you just throw heals at people and thats it or the class you need to put hots in advance with and dont have much burst for mistakes?

The restoration druids don’t need to stand still to cast like 99 % of their spells unlike the holy priests so they can avoid much easier the mechanics of the fights while healing in the same time. if they stack mastery they can do better spot healing currently than priests and shamans. Rolling the hots on the people was never hard + they also have some direct healing spells for spamming in the situation that they need that. So yeah in my POV they are more beginner friendly class than the holy priests.

Maybe not to us, but for someone who completely starts out healing its nice to have a mistake button ( like holy word serenity )

Hello there, /wave, Liära here, this is my druid and the first healing class I played in the game, and with which I raided from TBC till end of MOP.

You completely fail to see my point, i feel like im talking to a brick wall atm so i’l leave this thread

Hf

We don’t have anything to talk about since you lack the basic knowledge about the priests.

And if you think that the druids don’t have something like serenity than you are wrong to, they have swiftmend and in the past they had the ability to use instant healing touch for oh crap situations. And they have rebirth, we don’t.

I feel like this post kinda proves Grovis point.

A holy priest has potentially a heal for every situation. That’s why they’re beginner friendly. Having lots of spells does not automatically make a class complex, unless you use them all the time, every time (which holy priests do not).

Rather they tend to regularly use flash heal and Prom, but from there your spell use depends on the situation.

Prayer of healing/circle/binding heal for consistent AOE.

Heal for predictable single target damage

Flash heal for tirage

Holy word use again depends. But HWS is a clutch spell which is remarkably useful to have, and HWsanc is a very quick answer to sudden melee burst.

Point is, holy priests have a very direct answer to most situations as they have a spell for that explicit purpose. This makes them good for beginners as it’s just a case of identifying the right spell.

Other classes have far smaller toolkits and thus have to learn how to use their toolkit more widely to suit these situations. I’m not saying it takes mastercraft to do, I’m saying it requires a bit more trial and error.

Like with a druid you cannot just cast wild growth and efflorescence to counter consistent AOE damage. You have to also learn when to hot, and who, to prepare for it. The two above spells on their own will not hold up against consistent AOE damage, and regrowth triage will not be quick enough.

Same for disc and getting atonement ready.

Hoyl paladin is similar to holy priest, they have “obvious” tools that deal with the situation entirely. Ie for AOE damage Beacon of Virtue solves the problem on its own. You press it and then just heal normally. I’d say Holy Paladins are probably the easiest healer overall if you take the right talents and follow a pretty general build.

And swiftmend is in no way comparable to HWS in terms of power. Swiftmend buys a small reprieve, its a spot heal, HWS can bring a target back from near death to high health levels, especially if it crits. Their cooldown is similar if you utilise your spells properly as well. It would be extremely remiss to say druids have similar instant heal capacity by looking at the two spells side by side when one is easily 3-4 times more powerful than the other (and the mastery on top)