Suggestions for Horrific Visions

They spawn at rough health percentages. 85, 70, and 2 at 55~ DPS rexxar slowly and kill the first two as they spawn, then pop all your CDs and burst him whilst using aoe disruptions last second on the other two boars casts.

That’s how you do it with five masks active at least. Much less than that and yes you can just burn him down.

Casters is at a huge disadvantage in visions, compared to melee. I am a 462 elly shaman with r12 cloak with all but 5 upgrade choices left for full research, and only recently became able to do full mask less clears. Pretty much every melee cleared normal long before the casters in the guild at a much lower ilvl, and have started on masks.

Though I was pretty suprised to hear that you only need to clear the 2 lost areas to unlock more masks, says that nowhere. But the half sanity mask is -brutal- to be the first mask you start with. Yeah, I have to agree with the OP that the rewards is not comparable with the effort, especially if you are a caster.

I may give masks another try next week, but I think im better served with saving vessels for normal clears for cloak upgades from 13-15. Then masks can wait till r15 is done.

And the 25k visions cap -needs- to go!

Idk, myself and many others playing casters did their first full clear in week 2 with no more than 460 ilvl. I think it’s harder for some casters, sure, but it’s not so disproportionate that 460 casters should only now be capable of unmasked clears.

The game gives you hints as to the locations of the other masks, but yes it’s obscure as hell.

And you said 460 right there for full normal clears for casters. Meeles in the guild did it at 430ish. A huge difference.

1 Like

I think you should ‘waste’ a vessel to get the 2 lost zones done with that mask activated to get the other 2 masks. Then you can run with the 2 new masks and forget for a while the 1st. The 1st is by far the hardest :slight_smile:

Having 25% more sanity reduction (Effective 40-50%) makes a big difference too. You’ve literally got double the time this week that you did week 2.

You are right there are some melee classes who perform just really well in there :slight_smile: But 430, that is basically only DH, isnt it?

Yes, it does. Yesterday I cleared normal with a sanity orb charge left over.

Feral druids and paladins as well.

In week 2?
I dont even need an orb for Orgrimmar anymore with the current cloak.

430 ilvl with 65% cloak resist I think any spec would be capable of a full clear without masks. In week 2 I don’t think that was doable, week 2 was only 40% sanity reduction and people only just had elite extermination if they had it at all.

1 Like

Don’t like the follower idea one little bit. We shouldn’t have to choose between grouping up or levelling a bunch of followers. Make the content appropriate for solo or group, not group or fake group.

Solo play is a legitimate part of the game. WoW has always accommodated a wide range of play styles irrespective of claims made for one at the expense of another.

MAKE VESSELS STACK please for the love of everything that is (un)holy!

1 Like

False, people can explore them freely and at their leisure, the problem here is people wanting things handed to them on a silver plate and people feel obliged to seek out optimal methods because there is a risk.

True which is why I did my initial suggestion, I feel like less burst oriented and more skill, awareness, and planning is much better.

False, it rewards 470 ilvl gear at 5 masks, higher than any M+ can provide and waiting for the 475 weekly chest surely won’t cut it.

People cleared N’zoth Mythic without all the extravagant upgrades, right now people are much more geared, having some prep to raid isn’t bad.

Happened to me once T.T was super annoying.

I think it’s a L2p issue here tbh, there is a disadvantage but not that much, you should be easily doing 2 masks full clears especially since Orgrimmar affixes this week are super caster friendly.

I am losing motivation already. It’s just a personal thing, not claiming to represent the majority, but longer HVs is the last thing I am yearning for, especially with things now moving into lost areas.

I have to admit, I also only read the first part of the OP.

Yeah, it’s probably really just a personal thing.

Aright, this makes sense that in 5 masks, your passives wouldn’t kick in so hard, so you would have time to deal with boars. Since otherwise you just are better off with some aoe stun and burn, and then get lost sanity back with kill.

I would loved that traps would have been something i could have used to lure bores into or something more ‘mechanical’. I dislike forced sanity drains.

Other question I have for you is that elite on the other hard area. That hulk that jumps. Can his ‘tossing you+sanity loss’ avoided anyway ?

I have only 3 masks- the extras are from Orgrimmar. I have never completed SW (I haven’t visited it ages, as I didn’t like it, but with people like you on forums - i get more encouragements to try more, so :P)

No, it can’t be avoided at all. But I tend to orb into the trash just before him, go into him with a full sanity bar (575) and recover anything he did to me with the 200 from elite slayer, and then go into the boss of the zone from there.

1 Like

Sounds worth keeping in mind too ! What would I do without you! :grin:

You can bait the titan proc and fight him with it, which is the best method imo.

Remember, you need to clear everything in that area besides one trash pack ( preferably the 2 stunners at the alter ) so just keep fighting near him and as soon as the titan procs just fight him, he should die within the 20 seconds easily, since 60% haste is a huge boost.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. It is the small things that help to improve. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: