Super secret forum and other late night dramaaaa!

Spooky stuff from twitter.
Enjoy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_poneria/status/1317195271739039744

If Im dead by morning, know it was Blizzard!

8 Likes

Well after reading them tweets i can say i felt it was something like that behind the scenes.
But nice to get some confirmation on my assumptions

2 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/67663652/i-got-my-popcorn-ready-get-your-now-or-youll-miss-all-the-fun.jpg

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/67663652/i-got-my-popcorn-ready-get-your-now-or-youll-miss-all-the-fun.jpg

1 Like

I agree with those blue statements.

:man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

The attitude comes from the top.
Go and listen to any interview by Ion around expansions, class changes etc. The language is very telling.

“We want you to”
“We don’t want you to”
Are used an awful lot.

It’s all about what they want and hang the players

5 Likes

He was the MW theorycrafter. And for this day there is a lot of “meme” in MW design, monks in general and overall bugs on the beta.

Self proclaimed “experts” acting like only blizzard changed, not the gaming community itself.
Community participation seemed like a good idea a decade or so ago, but look at what it became. People who think that because they play a lot, they know how to design a game better than those whos job it is.
There is an entire outrage industry that formed around just critizing everything game developers do just for views, donations and subscriptions. Some people think they are some kind of rebels fighting against evil companies, and validating them these feelings sells really well.
And lastly, selling guides, addons, boosts etc. has also become very profitable.
The self proclaimed “experts” all have a clear agenda.
What productive input could you even expect at this point anymore?
This experiment has failed and I hope developers will go back to just making games how they envision them, instead of having to go through this fruitless process.

10 Likes

Yeah I’m also struggling to understand what’s so incredibly horrible about those blueposts there

6 Likes

So they got a forum for not so public non-paid Quality Assurance…

I’m curious. Is there anybody out there that STILL thinks blizzard listens to players, unless it’s about something with an extremely massive and unanimous playerbase behind it, screaming about it for weeks?

Covenants should be a proof of that. Almost every single influencer, or high end player or as you call them the secret forum posters, warned blizzard about the system and gave their alternative answer to it.

They just ignored it.

Blizzard has this mentality that only they know what’s best and others don’t know what they want until they actually get it. Even though, time and time again, they’ve been proven wrong.

But i guess this how things are. And due to the unfortunate thing that WOW simply is a game with 16 years of backbone, which makes it hard for other new MMORPG’s to pose a threat to it, due to the obvious lack of time they have to match everything wow’s offering, The game is in a state of being uncontested.

And when you have no real competitors to properly challenge you, you get away with a lot of terrible decisions quite easily.

At this point, I think we’re at a point where we should admit this to ourselves. Blizzard as it was is gone. They stopped caring about playerbase and started caring about money a long time ago.

2 Likes

Silverpine forest quest is bugged since 2 years or so, i sent so many bug reports and it still hasn’t been fixed.

Also my fire mage balls are still missing…

Are they really proven wrong though?
Not that I don’t agree with you, but we all keep playing and paying and Blizzard obviously don’t see that as we proof them wrong.

2 Likes

I guess you’re right. As long as money doesn’t go away, it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Sadly I think that is all that matters today yea.

1 Like

Blizzard getting into a scandal, after scandal… Nothing new…

Well … this just reinforces my opinion that overlap between people that like to play games and people that like to make games isn’t as big as you would think.

I’ve seen this fail or have very little positive impact a couple of times now.

Part of me does question to why they feel convenants need to happen even tho everyone’s screaming against it.

Like the idea was built off something

My only estimate on why they think this would work would simply be:

Alot of players die hard main a single specc, and fight against meta by stating “play what you love” “who cares what the top 1% play” you see players who mained arcane throughout BFA, stuck to fury even when arms started performing better play MM even when BM was better… and tbh it’s no small quantity of people.

The quantity of these people I find throughout pugs and more are actually reasonably high.

I can’t help but think this statistic has made blizzard beleive we overall care more about enjoyment then the actual balance or meta of our classes. So think this idea will ship once it’s live.

Not saying they’re targeting the right audience. Just curious if they are targeting that audience, players who don’t care for DPS as much will play whatever specc they prefer to play are likely much easier to provide content for overall…

I wouldn’t say blizzard has ignored the playerbase based on this, they’ve effectively asked the playerbase to give it a chance, but when it stated this and about a ripcord alot of people assumed he’s talking beta. He isn’t.

He wants to see the statistic in the live game with this feature, where it will hit every crowd of the playerbase and not just the ones they bring into beta.

Imma assume when he talked ripcords and testing this

He means between 9.0 and 9.1 because he wants to see where the majority lay when it comes to this being a actual reality.

Again I am pro ripcord, I don’t like the fact they’re pushing this in the slightest. But that’s my best guess to why we see it persist. I don’t think they will consider its removal before the games live.

This.

That’s really my main take-away as well.

I mean, one blue post basically says that feedback based on testing is more valuable than feedback based on speculation. And that makes perfect sense. I mean, it’s the simplest explanation for why PTR and Beta servers exist in the first place - so people can actually test the changes and not just talk about them.

The second blue post basically says that the player community is very good at disregarding talent options that aren’t percieved as being the best, even if the difference between two talents is marginal and situational at best. And that Blizzard can’t realistically change this perception, because it’s enforced by theorycrafters and organisations that sell guides and offer help on what builds are best and what talents to pick, and so on.
And that also seems like a perfectly true response from Blizzard, that yeah, organisations like Skillcapped act as a catalyst for flavor of the month specs and comps in Arena.

This doesn’t strike me as good criticism to levy at Blizzard, given the examples provided. I am concluding that this Magdalena is a little butthurt whiner. :yum:

This too. Well-said.

5 Likes

Except the elephant in the room still is the covenants and how they cannot humanly / possibly be “balanced” across classes, specs and situations. That means choosing a covenant is like choosing another talent, which has its uses under particular circumstances, except it is not as easy to change like a talent is.