Support Zandalari Paladin Lore

Hey i am new to RP and was wondering how Zandalari troll works, and Paladin. witht here lore My loa is torcalin. and how does light work? does it fasten regenration? Please tell me all about it you can in detail ^^ Have a nice day further

1 Like

Hi and welcome to RP.

This may help,

Also, as you level your Paladin I’d recommend BFA for your Zandalari Paladin for the lore help in quests / storyline.

3 Likes

I am abit outdated on the Prelate Lore, but iirc the Zandalari Prelates(Paladins) got their Light from their belief in Rezan!

Now that he is gone, I have no idea how they get it, but I am certain others can help you on the way with that!

1 Like

Rezan was indeed the loa the prelates came to. The Loa of Kings, the Loa of Light. After his death it’s complicated, even more so when Bwonsamdi took the place at the throne. It’s known for some followers of Pa’ku to possess abilities similar to the Light ones, but it can be merely another generic ability. Some of the prelates take their power in their faith of Rezan’s eventual return (and for the love of the loa, I want it to happen instead of cementing the mess SL gave about the matter). Some have turned to the other loa, and Bwonsamdi’s blessings resemble paladins’ or priests’ abilities more often than many others’. Torkali is a complicated choice for such a prelate, for she and Rezan have their aspects quite different. Torkali is a loa of the land and prey, one that healers often come to, and she has affility to life manipulation rather than Light. Rezan is a devilsaur, an alpha predator, and even the healer paladins have to fight in order to heal in the best way possible.

Good thing to remember with Prelates is that Prelate does not just equal its a Paladin of a loa. Prelates always follow Rezan, as they are highly trained order of warrior caste. This lore is pretty tight since it was written.

Prelate is not just a Zandalari Paladin, they are specifically trained warriors and priests of Rezan. Until blizzard changes this or touches Zandalari Society lore again I tend to keep that lore.

Prelates themselves still can access to light aslong their faith exists to him. Some might think he is as eternal as the Sun and as long the sun raises he will return. To use light of any kind you just need a strong faith which to Zandalari is simply Rezan.

Adding my opinion though if you want to follow Torcali which is a great loa, its far better to make your character a seperate thing from the Prelate order from Zandalari Society standpoint. Atal’s aka holy warriors of any loa is much simpler and far less restrictive. In this Atal’Torcali, as then you are not stuck with a rigid caste system. Though being a former prelate finding a new faith is also fun.

Troll rp with faith on the line is pretty fun so I hope you will find what you are looking for in your character!

4 Likes

Seconding the Tetrarch’s wisdom.

The cool thing about the Prelates is indeed the potential of being cut from the Light. Perhaps your faith diminished and you must find it. Be it aspiring to be top of the warrior caste, caring for the empire or more.

Adding to the Torcalin we see them using units called clerics and even Dazar’ai using both light and shadow based abilities. Holy magic isn’t unique to just Prelates so feel free to reach for inspiration in the game and how you could use it with different loa.

2 Likes

Its canonicity in WoW is nebulous but it should be noted that Shirvallah is the loa of the Paladin team in Hearthstone, and the prelate cards are pledged to them. I certainly think that opens up the possibility that not all Prelates are pledged to Rezan - especially since Rezan is a bit

dead

at the moment

That could work, if Prelates were not a genuine order pledged to Rezan.

They could be an order of prelates pledged to Rezan, but not necessarily the sole order of prelates.

So perhaps I’m not fully versed on prelate lore but from skimming wowpedia the source of it being ‘just’ Rezan as an exclusionary statement is this quote, from High Prelate Rata:

We are de prelates of Rezan, highest order of holy warriors to serve any loa.

Why specify prelates of Rezan if all prelates serve him? Why specify they are they highest order of holy warriors to serve any loa if they’re the only ‘holy warriors’ to serve a loa?

You certainly COULD read that statement as exclusionary, but you could equally read it as Rata specifying that the Prelates of Rezan (as opposed to Prelates of other Loas) are above them all.

You cannot, conclusively, state that only Prelates of Rezan exist, and Hearthstone’s Shirvallah prelates certainly lends credence to the alternate interpretation.

Of course if there’s dialogue or lore elsewise please do correct me, but from what I’ve found the certainty with which those in this thread are declaring ‘rezan or bust’ seems unfounded.

3 Likes

Wow lore up in here teaching the children source credibility.

I hearby retcon all Trolls

I could and I think I will keep on doing so, we’ve seen only the mention of Rezan in context to their worship and specifying they are prelates OF Rezan because that is quite literally the name of their order. Not a particular class of several holy warriors serving other loa. The leader of the Prelates who now sits in Zanchuli council tells you that they are dedicated to him, where do you gather that Prelates exist as several orders instead of there being more orders than Prelates?

I do not know how a non-canon game translates to giving a window into the lore of the game’s canon, nobody here said the holy magic is exclusive to prelates or that you cannot be the holy warrior of other loa (you could very much be a death magic voodoo hoodoo dude of Bwonsamdi). However they are indeed a singular order of holy warriors among others, just like how the Raptari are dedicated to Gonk.

A non-canon game that has had some of its lore made into canon WoW lore, and it does exist in WoW’s universe as a game people play.

She tells you that the prelates of Rezan are dedicated to Rezan.

Edit: I capitalised ‘prelates’ but it appears that Rata does not. Mildly odd if such a holy order is the only one there is

You are choosing to read it one way and then emphatically insisting that your reading of the statement is absolute canon, which when the question is What is the lore? seems a bit silly.

Hearthstone’s canonicity is dubious, but the game’s existence is canon, and we’ve seen numerous cases where things started in HS before being canonised into WoW - Tortollan, for one, but numerous NPCs too (Reno and his explorers, Cariel, Guff, etc.).

I don’t think one should assume everything that happens in hearthstone is definitely canon - that’s clearly not the case - but what I am saying is that your interpretation is just that - an interpretation, and Hearthstone’s Shirvallah Prelates in the context of other aspects of Hearthstone becoming canon might make people consider it a bit less certain.

I mean, why would they have chosen Shirvallah for Rastakhan’s Rumble if Rezan is the only Prelate dude, you know? Loa of Kings didn’t even get a card lmao.

1 Like

We’ve also seen tons and tons of nonsense.

Please take lore from something that isn’t canonically a goofy ahh cardgame

1 Like

Nowhere near the troll lore, sadly.

I do not choose anything, I choose to go by what we have been shown in the game instead of acting on a whole headcanon mainly based upon a card game which you draw from.

Aka headcanon, absence of coverage does not mean every possibility can happen.

Beats me, I am not in the marketing team. Maybe the tiger is simply cool?

A “goofy” card game with a lot more interesting bits and bobs than the entire last expansion - some of which on occasion make it into the canon.

2 Likes

Not a very high bar.

So lower yours.

1 Like